Turns of 7-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w00t!
    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

At last. All this trouble with a simple video game . . . it's enough to make a person crack a book.
      "While there is an underclass, I am in it; while there is a criminal element, I am of it; and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." -- Eugene V. Debs.

Comment

2102 is ready for Spartans. Hey Spartan Federation - Duke Lados, what's your email address?
        Last edited by Net Warrior; November 8, 2003, 07:50.

Comment

According to the sign-up thread, Lados' email is xxxLados-THC@seznam.czxxx (without the x's, surprisingly enough).

Comment

I still haven't heard from vitamin j (I sent him an e-mail today explaining what I've done that first turn) whether he was ever able to open the rezipped turn I sent, or even if he got it - or the unzipped version I e-mailed him too.

Anyway, when his turn comes round can it be sent to me as well as to vitamin j, and if there's a deathly hush from his end I'll play turn 2 as well, and then we'll need to think of a substitute player unless vj re-appears on the scene

G.

Comment

2102 to Spartans

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
                I still haven't heard from vitamin j (I sent him an e-mail today explaining what I've done that first turn) whether he was ever able to open the rezipped turn I sent, or even if he got it - or the unzipped version I e-mailed him too.

Anyway, when his turn comes round can it be sent to me as well as to vitamin j, and if there's a deathly hush from his end I'll play turn 2 as well, and then we'll need to think of a substitute player unless vj re-appears on the scene

G.
                I think I'm the one sending to him, so I'll certainly do that.

Thanks for all your extra help on setting up the game, Goog.

Comment

Has there been any progress? Is the turn still with Lados?

Comment

I just re-sent 2102 to Lados. I asked him to reply or post to confirm receipt. Let's see what happens.

Comment

Comment

I heard from Lados. This is his 1st PBEM game. He didn't know who to email his move to so I emailed FlameFlash and asked that he get in touch with Lados.

Comment

NW:

Any word? (I've still heard nada from VJ)

That's the trouble with 7-player games - people see the invitation thread and think "That'd be cute", but there comes a responsibility to check the boards at least every day (if not twice a day) and post responses to simple questions such as "Did you get the turn? Were you able to open it?"

I've never been in a 7-player game that's gone beyond about 90 turns.

Players just fall off the end of the earth and (mostly) don't even advise the others that they're dropping out

Ah well.

Maybe between this list of 7 and the 7 from "Alien Secrets" (minus overlaps) we can find seven dedicated players to make a go of a third one (or take over any dropouts in both of these)

G.

Comment

dratted cross post

Comment

Googlie,
                              There's a rule in tournaments that if there's a drop out (or a non-responder for more that 48 hrs) then the CMN can either ask for a replacement or just turn over that faction to the AI. Maybe we could all agree to adopt that rule here.

Comment

I'm thinking longer, especially on start-up.

Comment

Working...
                                X