Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Faction/Leader Is Your Favorite Arch Enemy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noone actually likes Miriam at all do they? What a surprise

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I don't usually play Yang. I'm just too liberal / anarchistic / sea-base centric. And communism is a better system than capitalism; it's just that no-one's really been able to successfully integrate communism with democracy. They're really not that different - except for the fact that communist countries tend to wind up with a ruling elite and such, rather than sticking to their original ideals. Or something like that. My brain's addled from studying this stuff for finals.

Comment

Originally posted by War of Art
        Noone actually likes Miriam at all do they? What a surprise

-Jam
        Actually, _I_ like Miriam, I've issued plenty of posts pointing out their relative merits to the many Miriam-haters that post to this board. I just like Morgan better.

Originally posted by Uchuu-kun[SM42]
        communism is a better system than capitalism
        Careful, hehe, I have a history of starting flame-wars over unsupported proclaimations of the superiority of communism/collectivism.

Comment

~WEG~ Well, Miriam is a powerful foe in SP, especially if you start near her. ~Grimace~ I once had Miriam, Yang, & Lai within 12 squares of my starting position. Needless to say, it was a short game. ~Grumble~ Dang backstabbing Peacekeepers!
          "Close only counts in horseshoes & Fireball Spells!!!" From "Tangled Webs

Comment

Capitalist Communism might work, and a current adventure into Communist Capitalism is showing some serious validation.
            If I have that backward please correct me gently. I've been keeping myself selectively uninformed of late.
            I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

China seems to be working nicely...even with it's flaws. (but lets stay away from politics in this thread )

I've found a renewed hatred for Miriam and Santiago...as well as Morgan. Punks triple-teamed me.
              Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
              Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
              *****Citizen of the Hive****
              "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                i find miriam as the ultimate foe to me yanginess.
                Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                *****Citizen of the Hive****
                "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Yang. Really tough in the early going.

Miriam, though, will always use a PB as soon as she is able. (In recent games at least. I went for more than a year with no one using PBs. But recently, I have been play games with all option "on." The AI can be very aggressive in this mode.
                  http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

I would have to say lal cause early on i make friends with him so he manages to cut me off from the rest of the map and then he describes my research as unethical(i always play as university, which also has the effect that im using clean sinularity planet busters before my opponent has fusion power) and attacks me.

of course i kill him easy but while im busy with him yang sneaks in and captures 3 of my bases.

Comment

I agree with Ned about Yang. If he moves into your neighborhood and starts poopin' out bases with PDs, a perfectly good gameplan can be ruined in a hurry.
                      "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Working...
                      X