Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Faction/Leader Is Your Favorite Arch Enemy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Faction/Leader Is Your Favorite Arch Enemy?

what faction/leader is your favorite arch enemy? and why?
    how does the faction you play affect this?
    My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Miriam for some reason. Maybe it's got something to do with how much I think they suck.
    Hi, I'm a sig virus. Pass me on by putting me in your sig!

Comment

Well, it depends on who I'm playing _as_ but when I play Morgan, it typically winds up being Dierdre, who hates me for my Free Market economy, and Yang, who hates me for my Democratic politics. To be frank, most of the factions don't really take a shine to any of my SE choices, Santiago just _loves_ my wealth values, as does Zakharov, though towards the late game I often switch to Knowledge for the extra efficiency. The only faction I consistently can get along with is Lal's Peacekeepers, since I usually go Democratic and stay there for the entire game, though I've heard good things about running Fundie to counteract the Morale hit from Wealth.

I'd say my ARCH enemy, however, is Svensgaard, because whenever I meet him, my first and only priority is to expunge this bunch of floating parasites from the face of planet. I've just suffered too many turns of constant bombardment of my shoreline upgrades to put up with him anymore.

Comment

Since I play as Yang you'd expect it to be Lal but this wimp is too easy to stand up against the Hive war machine. I'd say either the Drones, since early on they keep stealing all my SP's and have an army to match mine for size or Aki since its the only AI that can survive past fusion power ... mainly cos i like trading with her then we go our seperate ways and come back for a good friendly scrap later

Totally agree bout Sven he always declares war on me for no reason aswell, even if its early in the game and we're roughly equal power.
        Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

The Aliens. Both of em. They have bonuses enough that even the AI can give you some decent fights, especially if you start between em on a big continent.

And you can gas them with impunity. Gas, gas, gas them.

Gas noodles and a decent enemy, almost multiplayer-light.

Comment

I could say the Morganites due to my ideological aversion from Free Market, but they put up a pathetic resistance against my Spartan war machine.

I could say the Believers due to the fact that they are an overly irrational, intolerant faction, but they are so technologically inept that they don't put up much of a fight either.

Surprisingly, I find the Gaians to be my number one arch-enemy. They are always the aggressors due to the fact that I'm usually running a Planned economy, and they don't really need technology or disciplined troops. All they need and usually have is horde after horde of MIND WORMS. Not so easy before Hypnotic Trance.
            "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
            "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
            "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

It would have to be the believers to me . I destroy her every time.

Comment

I play as the Morganites, and the Peacekeepers are usually my enemies. Often because I go out of my way to pick a fight with them.
                Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Gaians/Hive or the Drones, the only one that might get the tech needed and new how to use an army...

Pirates are so bad in air and land combat so they are just boring because when you starts to killing them of you get these useless bases...
                  What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.

Comment

I play as Yang....and it's a tie between Miriam and Dee. Miriam usually declares Vendetta on me (no surprise) but every once in a while, Santiago finishes her off.

Deidre is the more devious leader. She lies low for a coulpa hundred years and then all of a sudden she decides that the Hive and her tree-huggers can't live side by side. I usually keep a few planet busters in my closest base to her when and if she decides to get too big for her panties.
                    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                    *****Citizen of the Hive****
                    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Miriam. I simply hate her. The mere sighting of one of her orange units leaves me in a frenzy state of aggression that runs against my peace-loving and builder nature.

When I'm not playing as the Gaians, Deirdre seems to be always back-stabbing me; she drives me crazy.
                      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan
                        she decides to get too big for her panties.
                        What panties?

I don't like cheese dong.

Comment

You don't know what annoying is until you've gotten sneak attacked by Lal - THREE times - even when he knows you've got a ton of air units in sea bases WHICH YOU CAPTURED FROM HIM about TWO TURNS BEFORE and a bunch of land units for capturing his REMAINING BASES... it's like he's been sniffing the spores from his one PB or something. Yeesh, he's dumb. But not the most annoying faction. No, that's good ol' Yang, since he usually hates my guts from the start, especially when I'm across the map. Die, die, die...

Comment

Yang usually dislikes me even when I play Yang simply because i race so far ahead in tech, last game though 3 of the other AI ganged up on him, so i payed his 200ec fine and then he treatied me. His mood went from seething to magnanimous so i gave him fusion and air power to teach those evil gaians,angels and drones a lesson
                            Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Lal is never my friend. Pria's death damaged him mentally. His bipolar (manic-depressive) episodes prevent him from being a reliable ally. Therefor, I don't invite him to be my friend, and I turn down his invitations, so he tends to become very irritated with me. Having him as an enemy, or at least not as a friend, usually keeps things interesting throughout the game.
                              Last edited by gwillybj; April 12, 2003, 13:40.
                              I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Working...
                              X