Nessus Canyon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nessus Canyon

yesterday I was going thru Alpha.txt and near the end came a paragraph with all the landmarks in it. along those usual ones there were also this "Nessus Canyon". what is it? I haven't encountered it in the game. can it be brought into the game somehow? what are its stats? and so on.....
    My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

It's a landmark that the lazy programmers were going to put in but never made the code for it to generate on a random map and just left it there. Basicly, it carves a tunnel through high land. Try putting it on 3000ft land. If a river is nearby, it will probably go through it. it might give a +1 mineral bonus, can't remember.
    edit: Oh yeah, you place it with the scenario editor.
    Hi, I'm a sig virus. Pass me on by putting me in your sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Patashu
      edit: Oh yeah, you place it with the scenario editor.
      really thanks
      My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Here are some links to map-editing threads. The first of each pair is to the first post of the thread. The second is to a post (by me ) in that thread that refers to the Nessus Canyon.
        You have to add it to the map manually in the editor, and each Canyon square does give +1 Mineral.

Thread: monsoon jungle, removing it.
        Canyon: How To Remove the Monsoon Jungle

Thread: Special Geographical Bonuses
        Canyon: re: Random Maps and Freshwater Sea

Thread: Maps
        Canyon: More Thread Links
        I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

It's a canyon. A low river runs through 2 high elevations, and gives +1 minerals. I've had it show up in a multiplayer game.

Comment

That's another thing I didn't know until today.
            On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Me neither.
              (+1)

Comment

I had it in my territory as the Hive in a pbem based on a public map prepared by tfs99 as CMN (I wonder whether his Slartibarfast (?) site with the download is still online), a pbem which started in 1999...

I had a boreholed Mineral Special on a river in it
                Needless to say, that meant humoungous ecodamage headaches , as I didn't know yet the best tactics to tackle it
                I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

Working...
                X