LEAST Favorite Faction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEAST Favorite Faction

I'm sure everyone here has talked the Favorite Faction topic to death, I personally always answer the same, but always point out that I find many factions stimulating to play. I'm curious to see which factions people find eternally frustrating and intolerable. Please bear in mind, I'm looking for the factions you hate to play AS, not hate to play AGAINST.

As for me, my most hated faction would have to be the Naughtyless Pirates. The freedom of the sea start is squandered by the higher build times for your early units (pods, formers, scout foils), and anyone who's played the consciousness knows how hard it is to pop-boom running Planned. The efficiency penalty is just anchovy icing on this horseradish cake. Oh, and don't forget how much harder it is to defend against IODs and sealurks compared to worms and spore launchers.
    University of Planet
    6.10%
    Gaia's Stepdaughters
    1.22%
    Human Hive
    6.10%
    Morgan Industries
    4.88%
    Spartan Federation
    8.54%
    Lord's Believers
    36.59%
    Peacekeeping Forces
    6.10%
    Caretakers
    3.66%
    Cult of Planet
    8.54%
    Cyborg Consciousness
    0.00%
    Free Drones
    3.66%
    Data Angels
    6.10%
    Nautilus Pirates
    7.32%
    Manifold Usurpers
    1.22%

Good point- they seem never able to build ONE Secret Project, not to mention that they have zero chances of winning a game

My bet's on the Planet Cult- its leader looks goddamn stupid, it starts 5 years after the others and doesn't even have a clue about researching and/or building! All they do is building stupid scouts and capturing worms, nothing else!
    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
      they have zero chances of winning a game
      splendid, this means i have a chance in my upcoming PBEM against Maniac
      i actually like the pirates, they're fun...sometimes

my vote is....the cult.

Comment

of course you can win as a human player, using your brain

the AI is so goddamn stupid that could lose against anyone
        I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Angels due to the probe rollover bug.
          "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

I'm going to say Cult.....I hate Cha Dawn and his fanatical fungus-huggers!

A close second is Sister Miriam of the Believers ....I hate fanaticism.
            Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
            Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
            *****Citizen of the Hive****
            "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

The Hive, because I don't know how to play as them properly.
              Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Mirriam -- because I can't stand being behind in tech (even a little), and I don't like the swipe taken at Christianity.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. President
                  The Hive, because I don't know how to play as them properly.

Nice to see ya Mr. Prez.
                  Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                  Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                  *****Citizen of the Hive****
                  "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

What's the probe rollover bug?

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Where +4 probe rolls over to -4 probe, or something like that. Making her probe teams very, very, very bad.

I'm not surprised Miriam is getting the most votes. Her faction really blows. Science for Miriam is a real no-no, and even worse, all of her followers are Christians.

-Jam
                      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

How can the bug be fixed then?

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

I don't really hate any faction, but if I were to choose, I'd pick The Lord's Believers or the Free Drones... I hate being behind in research and I'm not particulary fond of stealing them. Probably because I'm very used to the University.

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                            How can the bug be fixed then?
                            You can alter their faction profile so they get Probe +1 instead of +2, so they never reach +6.

Won't change the fact that I still don't like them.
                            "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Why would you want to get +6 anyway? Doesn't that require Fundamentalist politics? I'd just keep it at +4 and keep my research at an acceptable level. The difference between +4 and +5 (or +6) don't seem that significant to lose 2 research points in Social Engineering.

I actually thought Probe wouldn't go higher than +3 before reverting...

Comment

Working...
                              X