LEAST Favorite Faction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mongoose
    BTW, fanatic bonus does not count against native life forms, I don't know if it applies if a defending unit is equipped with Psi armour...I suspect not.
    Confirmed, Mimi's fanatacism bonus only applies against non-psi opponents, though given that all psi combat gives +50% to the attacker, this isn't the worst thing in the world.

Comment

Slightly innacurate, CEO. LAND Psi combat has basic odds of 3:2. (before morale/life cycle effects, any applicable SPs and the ATTACKER'S (only) PLANET rating)

SEA Psi combat has basic odds of 1:1 before modification. This applies to air attacks on IoDs...base 1:1. I do not recall if basic air - air combat odds depend on whether the underlying terrain is land or water...they may.

Remember also, that Mim has an innate -1 PLANET.

Comment

Originally posted by zsozso
        I just hate Miriam. Period.
        And don't give me that momentum crap. .................................................. ...................

Well played by human and having human opponents around tends to lead to massive trade och techs all around. Miriam is almost in pair with most other factions. Pick a good moment and start a massive war. Tech is levelled but mirima has an advantage. In this case being zak & co won't do much however Yang, Morgan and Domai would make good opponents with their industry and/or income.
        It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

Ideologically, I hate the Morganites, Believers and the Cult equally.

In terms of gameplay however, I dislike the Morganites as both the negative support and inability to grow bases past size 4 without hab complexes are vices that I have too much difficulty overcoming. Sure, I like the challenge of vices difficult to master, like the Spartans -2 Industry or the Hive's -2 Economy, but there is a limit.

I also dislike the Peacekeepers in terms of gameplay, since they are way too easy to master, and have no extremes. The few vices they have are no challenge at all to overcome.

Can't comment on the gameplay aspects of the SMAX factions, since I don't have it.
          "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
          "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
          "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

In terms of philosophy: Morgan.
            In terms of gameplay: Miriam

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose
              Slightly innacurate, CEO. LAND Psi combat has basic odds of 3:2. (before morale/life cycle effects, any applicable SPs and the ATTACKER'S (only) PLANET rating)
              I always thought the 3:2 attack ratio gave a +50% bonus to the attacker. My logic being:

3:2 - time 100 to numerator and denominator gives:
              300:200 - dividing top & bottom by 2 gives:
              150:100 - which looks like +50% to base attack to me

Can someone elaborate on whether my math is good or bad?
              "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Nothing wrong with your math...it's your reading comprehension that needs work.

CEO stated "though given that all psi combat gives +50% to the attacker..." (emphasis added, for the reading impaired)

I corrected him because his statement is not true in cases of SEA psi combat.

Comment

My mistake. Thanks for clearing that up.
                  "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Morgan, I don't like his poplimit...
                    What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.

Comment

Peace Keepers.

Sure they are supposed to be a decent faction, but I just hate their background. Stupid goody-two-shoes Peacekeepers. I also prefer more interesting and pronounced advantages and disadvantages.

And I prefer to annihilate all in an unstoppable wall of hovertanks and infantry, rather than pussyfooting around other factions.

Having the Hive as my favorite faction probably has something to do with it too though.
                      "There is something I do not know, the knowing of which could change Everything."

Werner Edward

Comment

I echo for Miriam, because she usually dominates the other AI players in an SP game. The last 3 out 4 games I've played, Miriam has eradicated 2 or 3 factions and rolled over a huge continent.

I like to keep as many factions alive in the game for as long as possible, even offering remote/sea bases. But Miriam just fouls everything up.
                        "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by waab
                          Morgan, I don't like his poplimit...
                          Yes, the population limit for Morgan is their biggest weakness, though not in the way most players might think. The -3 population before hab complexes is actually pretty trivial, since any player worth their salt will be expanding thin then pop booming up to their hab limits. Its the pre-dome limit of 11 that really stinks for Morgan, those extra 3 population actually can add up to a lot of votes, energy and tech.

On a separate note, poor Mimi, she just seems to have no end to her detractors. Ah well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dranthar
                            Peace Keepers.

Sure they are supposed to be a decent faction, but I just hate their background. Stupid goody-two-shoes Peacekeepers. I also prefer more interesting and pronounced advantages and disadvantages.

And I prefer to annihilate all in an unstoppable wall of hovertanks and infantry, rather than pussyfooting around other factions.

Having the HIVE as my favorite faction probably has something to do with it too though.

Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                            Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                            *****Citizen of the Hive****
                            "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Gee, no one hates the Cybernetic Consciousness?

Well, they do rock... but I really think the University is better. They get free Network Nodes, can pick Centauri Ecology as a starting tech and don't have that icky -1 Growth. Granted, the +2 Efficiency is nice, but I usually run Demo/Green with Zak, so the difference is minimal. Great for early game though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivellios
                                Gee, no one hates the Cybernetic Consciousness?
                                Well, Aki-Zeta looks very 'nice' () to me... Even if somewhat pale. Hmm, I wonder how it would be...

Comment

Working...
                                X