No announcement yet.

Sikander's Builder Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 years later after that save and all my Formers are now Clean. You've just *got* to love having Morgan as a Pactmate. His loan's a bit steep, 9 credits a year over 100 years, but really now....9 credits at the rate I'll be making them is nothing. Getting those formers clean now means a lot more in the long run.

Now....to finally get myself some garrisons. ^^;
    Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

Ecodamage is starting to catch up to me, and I lost an Artifact and my Elite Trance Garrison in the most recent worm rush, however the core bases will be starting production of Clean Garrisons for all bases very soon, so it's no problem. As of this turn, the PEG is mine, the CDF being snagged the previous turn. With my production and research levels, all other projects currently available should be in my grasp within....oh.....10 to 20 turns at most. I haven't called council yet, but I just got the ability to try for the Global Trade Pact this turn, so I'll be calling around the various leaders to see who I can sway to my side. Morgan will be in on it for certain, but the others....
      Attached Files

Comment

One last one for the night.

Built the LV mainly just because I love the movie. Tried to procure support for the Trade Pact, but only Morgan and Lal are open to it, which is a pity. I'll have to make Miriam submissive just to get her vote I suppose. Clean Garrisons are built practically everywhere, and I've moved to getting 4 Clean Formers a base to finally start to get my final t-forming in place. A few trades with some of the more disadvantaged factions has legged me up the Conquer side of the tree, however thanks to all that lagging there I'm far behind what I would've liked in tech by now. Still, with Empaths helping pull in cash and maintaining GA's in some cities (Went down to 10% psych simply because I made far more cash that way, and the great majority of bases needing booming stayed in GA anyway), I'm racing in items turn after turn after turn.
        I especially like using beefed up crawlers to instabuild projects with only 2 crawlers, at a fraction of the cost. Really must do that to get rid of the surplus crawlers soon. I'll only need 2 a base afterall. Which reminds me, I should set my sights on Genejacks ASAP to counter the hit in minerals I'll face once I stop crawling so many minerals in addition to the boreholes.
        Oh yes, and Ecodamage problem over. Didn't even need Empath units in the end. And with these new eco damage limits thanks to them......the loss of a few units was well worth it.
        Attached Files

Comment

boreholes?

I still can't get the boreholes built because of the restriction. Could someone please post the exact method used to get around this?

Comment

It's ages ago I played a SP game (and I'm only playing one MP for the moment), so my skills are quite rusty. I also never got used to some of the more common tricks like close base spacing or not bulding garrisons, which slows me down so I presume. In this game I have been less expansionistic than normal. Usually I build up some 20 decent bases, while now I only have about 10 decent sized ones because I concentrated more on crawlers and SPs instead of colony pods. Anyway, I got to 2200 before I got bored. Perhaps I'll play some more later.
            Attached Files
            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Re: boreholes?

Originally posted by jimmytrick
              I still can't get the boreholes built because of the restriction. Could someone please post the exact method used to get around this?
              Are you referring to the restriction that boreholes can't be built on slopes? If so, use formers to lower the elevation of the square. Then you can build a borehole.
              "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
              -- Kosh

Comment

I'm still trying to decide ATM which is a more efficient use of Boreholes. 4 per base radius on the compass points, or 6 per base radius by lining them up on the diagonals.

Comment

Either that, or you need to have the Weather Paradigm to build them before the technology restrictions are lifted. Really you shouldn't be boreholing too much before get tree farms anyway, mines are much more cost-effective before then.

Comment

CEO Aaron- I find the window of opportunity between ecological engineering and environ. econ. to be tiny- usually as soon as I get ecological engineering, enviro econ is the next tech I get. I used to use mines much more than I do now, now I find it is more effective to crawler in food and harvest from a borehole than to build a mine. I will always mine a rocky mineral bonus square, as this is immensely valuable before restrictions are lifted, but I try to limit my mining as much as possible before that. Mines are efficient in the short run, but in the long run boreholes are a vital part of my strategy. In military scenarios where I am supporting heavy military infrastructure in many bases (especially when I don't nab the cyborg factory and the cloudbase) the maintenence costs can start to add up, the extra energy of boreholes can make a difference.

Archaic- you are 16 research points per turn ahead of me on your most recent save (517 vs 501) but interestingly enough you make significantly more energy- probably because of your empaths. At this point in the game my largest base was size 7. My strategy didn't begin to really shine until year 97 when I began golden age pop boom- I had all the infrastructure I needed at that point, so I really benefitted from the boom.
                    http://xohybabla.ru

Comment

Only 16? I would've thought I'd do better than that. Then again, I'm still building infrastructure up, which is really what all this energy is good for. Which reminds me....I hadn't done my rushing for the turn in that save, had I?

Comment

(N.B. This is at the beginning of the turn, so no orders/production orders/rushing has yet been done.)

Scored all the projects, no real suprises there. Most bases had already built all worthwhile facilities anyway, so I just kept pumping out Crawlers to rush the projects. Don't know why I bothered with some of them to be honest, since many won't contribute to how fast I transcend, but I suppose it's for the principle of the thing. Can't have the AI building them. The Supercollider, which I just got the tech for this turn, is going to be built at Uni. Base. I'm planning to give it all 4 boreholes in its radius and throw all the research and energy projects I can get into it. Not a SSC without the energy park, but it'll do.

The masses of rush building of Fusion and Biology Labs, Tree Farms, and Hybrids has really pumped by tech and econ rates, and the last turn rush of Genejacks in something like 10 bases (Every Genejack I have, I built last turn, the same turn as I got the tech) has sent my mins soaring. I'm tempted to let some of those bases stockpile energy for a while so I'm not caught in the middle of more useless builds when newer techs come in.
                        After all the Eco-facilities, my clean mineral level would be somewhere in the low 100's by now. ^^;

Right now, I'm finally beelining for MMI, then to Orbital and Advanced Spaceflight. The sooner I can have the CBA and 16 OPT's the better.

Still can't manage the Trade Pact, however with more and more of my energy being generated from myself and not from trade, it's seeming unimportant.

Erm....what else can I say......I don't know, it's 10:45pm. Just look at the turn. ^^;
                        Attached Files

Comment

hmm, i'll have to download and view all of these. i'm trying transcend soon/now so i'll try to pick up a few things.

Comment

update: i played the turn from 2101. now i know i havn't done half as good as the rest of you, but it's still about 10 times better than i'd normally do, and i've never put my bases so tight before.

just ignore how it says "sikander build of the university"
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X