Sikander's Builder Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sikander's Builder Game

Recently on the Favorite Faction thread I was asked by Hendrik to post some Save games to illustrate my University opening game. Rather than spam up that thread anymore I decided to start another one.

I started this game in order to have great conditions for building, in order to illustrate the speed of my University game vs Hendrik's Morgan. I used Dilithium Dad's Ultimate Builder map, which is a modified Huge map of Planet. (The game is SMACX btw).

Difficulty is Transcend, Look First is on and Random Events are off. I'll post zipped save files with some notes in series of posts to follow.
    Last edited by Sikander; December 17, 2002, 11:51.
    He's got the Midas touch.
    But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

I've landed on the Great Northern Island, an ideal location in may respects for my purposes. It is attached by a thin peninsula to a large landmass, and there is plenty of Fungus between me and my nearest competitor on land. Within my sight radius I see a Monolith, two pods and a river.

I'm planning on using two on the diagonal spacing. This is a very tight spacing between bases, but I find it pretty productive throughout all phases of the game. Each base has a guaranteed 7 squares to work, but bases on the periphery are likely to have a good deal more squares available.
    Attached Files

Comment

Oops!
      Last edited by Sikander; December 14, 2002, 13:16.

Comment

I've had some good fortune from a pod in the form a Morgan's Comm Frequency. I ring him up and trade Centauri Ecology for Industrial Base. I switch research over to Industrial Economics, get that and begin research on Planetary networks. Breakthroughs are every 3 years. My first former has rolled off the line at University base, and it begins work on another.
        Attached Files

Comment

Formers are done, and am starting on colony pods. I got Industrial Automation thanks to early contact with Morgan, and am running Wealth. Researching Biogenetics.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Sikander; December 14, 2002, 13:23.

Comment

I got Biogenetics and Social Psych, working on Secrets of the Human Brain. Three new bases form the classic "Five on the Die" pattern, with University Base at the center. So far I've mainly focused my former time on roads and sensors, thanks in large part to the presence of those monliths. I am finishing up the skeltal forming for my first 9 bases and beginning to turn to forestation.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Sikander; December 14, 2002, 13:36.

Comment

I've switched to Free Market / Wealth, having rushed in some Recreation Commons and Recycling Tanks. My 6th base is in place, and most are working on Supply Crawlers while my formers are laying in forests. I'm currently researching Gene Splicing. Morgan has started the Human Genome Project, which is one SP that I definitely want, but there is no need to panic.
              Attached Files

Comment

Got Gene Splicing, researching Ecological Engineering. Another base founded for a total of 7. Weather Paradigm started at University base.
                Attached Files

Comment

Weather Paradigm completed, Human Genome Project completes next turn. Used crawler upgrade 'cheat'. 8 bases now, Ecological Engineering researched, and Environmental Economics next turn.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Tree Farms are mostly in, Children's Creches starting. I built the Virtual World, Deirdre builth the Empath Guild, Lal built the Command Nexus and the Merchant Exchange. Morgan bought the Planetary Transit System, which is one I'd like to have, but thankfully isn't at all critical.

With the election of Lal as our Planetary Governor came a couple of trades and a treaty with a pitiful Miriam. I got Doctrine: Mobility and Applied Physics, have researched Neural Grafting and am two turns from Bioengineering and Clean Reactors.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Demo / FM / Wealth GA pop boom! Psych set to 20%. Researching Progenitor Psych for the Planetary Energy Grid and Hybrid Forests. Nine bases, with plots prepared for 8 more. Buillt the Longevity Vaccine, and am building lots of Clean Formers. I will be converting my terraforming from forests to Condensor / Farms or Boreholes as former power increases significantly.

An earthquake linked my area with Morgans, but we're treatied, and my production is more than a match for whatever he could throw at me in any event. I did build some probes and infiltrated his datalinks. I have also had a couple of unpleasant conversations with Lal and Santiago, which resulted inevitably in Vendetta.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Sikander; December 14, 2002, 14:35.

Comment

The pop boom continues, with some bases already maxed out and their Doctors switched over to Librarians. Tech should be quite a bit quicker from now on. Three new bases are in, with a fourth on its way. I built the Neural Amplifier, and am working on the Planetary Energy Grid.

By research and trade I have picked up Doctrine: Flexibility, High Energy Chemistry, Doctrine: Loyalty, and Adoptive Economics.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Switched from a Demo / FM / Wealth GA pop boom to a Demo / Planned / Wealth pop boom. Librarians make up about half of my population. Forming is going steadily but slowly, with a total of 14 bases and another on the way.

I researched Intellectual Integrity, and am 1 turn from Planetary Economics. Advances come now every 3 turns. Vendetta with Deirdre now, but no one has come around yet. Building the Citizen's Defense Force.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I'm still slogging along building Hybrid Forests in my core bases. I've switched to Knowledge from Wealth, and am concentrating on getting to Fusion Power, which is the holy grail of this style of play. Forming is continuous, with much of my core area completed for now. I have also raised a bit of land, with more to come. Sixteen Bases total.

I researched or traded for Polymorphic Software, Nonlinear Mathematics, Intellectual Integrity, Synthetic Fossil Fuels, and Cyber Ethics. Currently researching Superconductor, with advances still coming every 3 turns.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Finally I am researching Fusion, having collected Advanced Military Algorithms, Pre-Sentient Algorithms, and Doctrine: Airpower along the way. I have also completed the Planetary Datalinks, the Ascetic Virtues, and the Hunter-Seeker Algorithm. I have 18 bases now, and am gearing up for at least defensive battle.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Sikander; December 14, 2002, 16:05.

Comment

Working...
                              X