How do most like to win by?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do most like to win by?

I like to win by the top way the last possible way as it has the most score!
    Play the Demo Games!!
    Running for Foreign Minister in the 3rd Civ2 Single Human Play game!!
    Vote for the experience, Vote for me!!

You must mean Trancendence.
    It depends for me on all the stats of the game and where I'm at stratigical a few years into the game. I find my self going with planetart governer most often. That could be contributed as I play most game with lal.... One thing I hardly everuse is corner global energy. I just never seem able to get enough energy credits. The one time I managed to do so I was playing at a lower level so the AI didnt retaliate.
    Semper Fi!
    Join the SMAC Demo game and P4 party.

Comment

Planetary governorship is the most frequent win-- I don't care much about score as getting a suprehigh score usaually involves delaying transcending while pumping up your population (sheer boredon)-- Usually once the game is a foregone conclusion ( I am more than 3 times bigger than all the AI combined) I see little point in playing things out and just trigger the election
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Same here, though I usually play as Gaian and proceed to go about planting forest across the entire world just to make it look pretty.
        "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

DetroitDave, I think Fungus is better for Dee (and Fungboy) ideologically, and in the late game even the most profitable.
          Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

Yeah but it's such a pain in the ass to go back in the late game and switch everything back. Plus (and correct me if I'm wrong), I dont think fungus "spreads" like forest does. Plus green is my favorite color and I like the way I've transformed Planet into a forest paradise.

Dave
            "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

usually if i can, i'll just beat everyone necessary into a submissive pact (usually the larger factions) just enough so i can get supreme leader. IIRC diplomatic is 1200 points -2 per turn elapsed, and conquest is 1000. lately though, i've hit sort of a slump . some games the AI is beating me sufficiently such that it's no fun (or rather i'm not beatin it enough such that it's fun), while others the AI really sucks and stays on a 2 base island with no terraforming (3 AIs did this in my last game). i usually just abandon these games.

Comment

DetroitDave, I can understand you. (Fungus doesn't spread, and therefore you have to plant fungus quickly over your forest ...) But I'm so convinced about the benefits of fungus that I even help other factions out by planting fungus. Preferably Miriam and even better Marr (who has no way to get a single FOP from fungus unless he gets Manifold Nexus or Cybernetic SE choice)
                Fungal payloads are expensive but fun!

Comment

Supreme Leader. You . . . Will . . . Kneel!!!
                  Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Hmmm, Conquest for me. Even though the points given aren't that much, just the fact that every other (surviving) faction must bend their knee to Chairman Yang gives me a sense of......pride.
                    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                    *****Citizen of the Hive****
                    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Adalbertus
                      Preferably Miriam and even better Marr (who has no way to get a single FOP from fungus unless he gets Manifold Nexus or Cybernetic SE choice)
                      Fungal payloads are expensive but fun!
                      Domai's the best to fungal. he can't run green and wont run cybernetic!

Comment

Transendence or Conquest. I usually play Gaian and prefer a non fighting game, but when the opportunity presents itself for a good fight, I take the challange.

Comment

Supreme leader - usually with morgans and peaceful tactics.

Comment

Tuomerehu, your avatar reminds me of 400 misspent Francs.

I usually plan to win by transcendence, but sometimes I quickly decide to get elected as supreme leader (Gröfaz? Hopefully not).

Comment

Supream leader, but latest was corner global market, I had only one city

But it was on a tiny map and talent level or something, it wasn't to hard...
                              What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.

Comment

Working...
                              X