Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Total Conversion: STAR TREK - DEEP SPACE NINE (Poll)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

or does this whole thing tack place on one planet
    the TC will take place on bajor (a background story will explain it all)
    the ds9 doctor (forget his name!!!) / fat cardassian
    julian bashir and enabran tain (the mastermind)
    are you going to change the unit names? I'm not sure if there was ever any chaos infantry in Star Trek.
    well, in the first release you have to live with the SMAC tech, but i plan to replace it with trek tech in one of the next versions.

Comment

I can't wait to build Phaser Patrols and Disruptor Speeders!
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

just a

screenshot update (above) - i decided to add DS9 tech, units, buildings, secret projects and stuff.

Comment

Phaser Troops! I knew it!
          Faction logos are cool...
          Föderation HQ is cool...
          The whole thing is cool.
          This might be the best Mod I have witnessed in my short time at Apolyton, along with Aldebaran.
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

base population

hi kassiopeia. yep, various phasers can be built. also disruptors, polaron rifles, photon grenades, klingon battle armors, energy shields and more...

Comment

What are you doing posting on Apolyton? Why aren't you translating the mod?

Comment

hmm, right... but i have some more things to do... job, gf, movies, trip to hamburg

i think the english release will be ~ nov/15/01

(crashed supply shuttle (capsule) / bajoran monolith of b'hala)

Comment

Wow... looks great! I look forward to playing the english version... ich spreche nur ein bisschen deutsch.

Not quite sure which faction I would like to play... could you give us a sneak peak of what the faction bonuses look like?

Comment

hi enigma, i posted some faction / game info @ http://xenofungus.cjb.net . (the factions' cultural details will be translated later this day)

Comment

Well, from what i can decipher through guesses this looks very good indeed. Any ideas as to how big the download file is going to be?

Comment

Also, I notice that on a screenshot showing the Planetary Council, three people are being voted for, rather than SMACs two. How else has the planetary council been changed? How many candidates are there? Can anyone be voted for???

Comment

Great work TresXF

Basilisk, the game will put up more than 2 candidates if there is a tie for 2nd; I've seen 3, but if they bothered with 3 it will probably do more also.

Comment

i uploaded a translation of the cultural details.
                            i think the different factions are close to the series this way (smac is a little bit limited with the number of characteristics...).

btw, thx again for the positive feedback.

council votes: well, happens often to me to have 3 candidates. as johndmuller said: the 2. and 3. canditates are equal in power in that case.
                            you can even have 7 candidates if you activate the scenario editor and call a council before finishing the first turn

Comment

Looks great - I'm going to have to grab back my copy of SMAC from my brother just to play this. Roll on the U.S./U.K. release . . .

Be seeing you,

Saxman
                              Jazz isn't dead; it just smells funny.

Comment

Two questions

Firstly, and either Cyber or Googlie already told me this once, how do I find out which version of SMAC I have? Obviously I need 4.0 for this conversion.

Secondly, who/what are the reptile-looking characters in the pictures? I'm talking about the ones just below the planetary council election graphic. They are standing along a rock wall. I watched a bit of DS9 but was not a regular viewer.
                                Your ad here!

Comment

Working...
                                X