Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Total Conversion: STAR TREK - DEEP SPACE NINE (Poll)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 'reptile looking creatures' are the footsoldiers of the Diminion, the... bloody hell i got distracted and now i can't remember their name... They are addicted to Ketracel White, a drug given to them by the Dominion, and can't be found anywhere which is how the Dominion keeps them under control.

Comment

hi civcop,

you just need the regular SMAC and the latest patch 4.0. this patch is available @ the firaxis website
      the conversion won't nee the alien crossfire addon.

the "reptiles" are Jem'Hadar - cloned battle troops of the Dominion. they are ruthless, breed for war and follow every order of their leaders without hesitation (due to their genetically programmed Ketracel White addiction...)
      more info @ Medical Log : Supplemental / http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebu.../jemhadar.html

Comment

That's the one! It was on the tip of my tongue! So Tres, have you any idea as to how big the download file is going to be?

Comment

Gee, quick response

Thank you gentlemen (assuming you are both male) for the response--and a quite prompt one at that. Like I said, I was never a regular viewer of DS9 and my memories of it are mostly Avery Brooks (I knew him better as Hawk, which was a very cool character), and the goings-on inside the outpost. I do, however, find the conversion of SMAC into a DS9 game to sound fascinating.
          Your ad here!

Comment

facts...

download: compressed zip-file - 6 mb

this file can be extracted with any standard zip-tool (like winzip or pkunzip) to 12.5 mb of new grafix and texts .
            btw, i nearly got lost in this letters-desert

further plans (somewhere in the near future): i'm thinking of an additional sound pack and maybe cut scenes.

Comment

heck yes.

Please do, I am a fan of Star Trek and SMAC. I also think that this idea rocks. After looking at some of your screenshots and art for the conversion. Of course playing it in German might be fun too.
              "Calm down Nedlydidlydidlydidly. They did their best Shodidlyidlyidly.
              "The Butcher with the Sharpest knife, has the warmest heart." "Mitchell!!"

Comment

(even though I'm not a keen fan of StarTrek...it's always nice, very nice, to have total conversions)
                "I'm having a sort of hard time paying attention because my automated teller has started speaking to me, sometimes actually leaving weird messages on the screen, in green lettering, like "Cause a Terrible Scene at Sotheby's" or "Kill the President" or "Feed Me a Stray Cat", and I was freaked out by the park bench that followed me for six blocks last Monday evening and it too spoke to me."
                - Patrick Bateman, American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis

Comment

well, i'm still working on the text conversion. but I'll post the complete version asap.

Comment

Thanks.

Just downloaded it this morning. Thanks again.
                    "Calm down Nedlydidlydidlydidly. They did their best Shodidlyidlyidly.
                    "The Butcher with the Sharpest knife, has the warmest heart." "Mitchell!!"

Comment

you are welcome
                      i'll try to deliver the missing ingame texts (new written star trek babble) asap.

but the v1.0_beta is full playable.

Comment

TresXF, very impressive!

Comment

YES! THIS MUST KICK ASS!

WOW!

Tres, bring it on! Your lucky to have a gf that loves DS9 AND SMAC. And she's lucky to have you.

Comment

Comment

Come on, man! We're all still waiting!
                              Whew! I'm back and ready to start writing again.
                              Coming soon: Pax America Redux (Including concepts/civs from Conquests)

Comment

When is the final version coming out?
                                Whew! I'm back and ready to start writing again.
                                Coming soon: Pax America Redux (Including concepts/civs from Conquests)

Comment

Working...
                                X