No announcement yet.

Favorite Weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll have to go for Plasma Shard, it has silly graphics, I have no idea how it works. And I get stuck with them for a long time. Usually if I'm in war, I might get factions conquered until my scientist come up with new ways of blowing things up.
    "What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason! How infinite in faculty! In form and moving how express and admirable! In action how like an angel! In apprehension how like a God! The beauty of the world! The paragon of animals!" - Shakespeare

Comment

Wow! Plasma Shard has come roaring back, and is now locked on eight votes with Planet Buster!

By the way, this poll isn't going to expire, so whenever you get bored with it, just ignore it and it'll disappear eventually.
      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Now, let's all give some votes for our Shards! Not only are they freeky looking weapons, but we wouldn't want to vote weapons of mass destruction to the first place. Did we not learn anything from cold war...
        "What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason! How infinite in faculty! In form and moving how express and admirable! In action how like an angel! In apprehension how like a God! The beauty of the world! The paragon of animals!" - Shakespeare

Comment

I kind of like the name "Chaos Gun." Though I wonder how that weapon works. All I know is that it fires 9mm caseless ammo, it somehow disrupts fields (what kind of fields?), and it is buildable with the discovery of Superstring Theory.

However, I personally like to think of the Chaos Gun not as a projectile launcher, but as an energy weapon. It discharges pure energy, but the behavior and trajectory of the energy is chaotic, hence the name. Perhaps the energy could also discharge in a curvy fashion, much like the twisty laser in the old arcade shoot-em-up "Raiden II," or like Cable's Viper Beam in the arcade fighter "Marvel vs. Capcom 2."

Such a weapon could cause pack much more destructive power than even a salvo of missiles, which is why the Chaos Gun (8) ranks higher than Missiles (6). But it would also be woefully inaccurate, which is why it ranks behind the focused energy of a Fusion Laser (10).

By the way, in the SP video for Cloudbase Academy, one of the Drone Needlejets fires a laser at an enemy jet. I assume that's a Fusion Laser, right? Makes sense, considering its level in the tech tree (Organic Superlube) is similar to that of Mind-Machine Interface (the tech required for Cloudbase Academy).

Comment

You seem to give these things a thought. I wonder do we find out any profound details about these weapons from Michael Ely's series of SMAC literature. Although I hope it's not the Star Trek all over again. There is a healthy limit for technological jargon

Comment

I voted on the Missile Launcher.
              Mostly because it means the beginning of a new era in the gamez I play, with Needlejets and general tech-superiority short to come.

Singularity Laser. Only the name gives any physician a thrill of excitement and visions of what it could do.

I now realice I know nothing because I do not know of Planet Buster. Soon I will try it. Soon.

S.D.

Comment

i voted for the res laser. i like it because it comes in earlier than the missle launcher, and combined with nerve gas it is the ultimate anti-caretaker tactic. (sounds cool too. wee-womp, wee-womp )

the tachyon is probably my least favourite because i get it after the shard making it obsolete before i even use it. i do like how it looks though. the shard is probably the one that will stay with me for the longest. because it's a loooooong time until quantum mechanics, and i usually skip quantum power anyways and just move on to singularity.

Comment

I voted for the psi attack because being what it is, it will know that I did and so it will work better for me in the game than it will for you.

Comment

PB all the way
                    (+1)

Comment

Working...
                    X