Favorite Weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Weapons

Since the weapons in Alpha Centauri are so variant and so cool, I was wondering if anyone had any favorites? If it's not one of the ones here, just write in and say what it is.
    Missile Launcher
    2.38%
    Chaos Gun
    4.76%
    Graviton Gun
    2.38%
    Singularity Laser
    4.76%
    Resonance Laser
    9.52%
    Planet Buster
    28.57%
    Plasma Shard
    33.33%
    Tachyon Bolt
    4.76%
    Tectonic Missile
    4.76%
    Psi Attack
    4.76%
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

I have chosen the Graviton Gun, because it has a cool name. Also, I can just picture what it must do to its hapless victims: Maybe its shots carry a miniature gravitational field that literally tears away pieces of the enemy. Maybe it disrupts the forces holding their body together, with equally gruesome (read: entertaining) results...

Comment

My favorite for the computer would have to be conventional missiles When the computer uses them they usually use them in force.

Oh, my favorite for myself is the fungal payload. Destroy tons of enemy terraforming and block their movement between bases.

Comment

My vote would go with impact weapon, but that aint their

So I voted Planetbuster, aint no better weapon to wipe that smirk off Lal's face.

edit:
        Graviton Gun: I imagine that it causes targets to collapse, the really amusing part would be when it is turned off and the target de-collapses, especially if the target was flesh. The upgrade, singularity laser presumably causes the targets to collapse into nothingness, cleaner but not half so amusing.

Comment

R-Laser has one of the coolest sounds and a different look when fired. It's too bad that the effects of all the weapons (exc missiles) all look the same.

Comment

I chose Plasma Shard. Don't know why, I just seem to like plasma weapons...
            oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

The resonace laser is a 6 value that come ealy in the tech sequence and has a bonus against native life.
              Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
              Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
              "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
              From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Chaos Guns. They are available in the period I do most warfare. The others are hardly used by me.
                Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

As of this post, Planet Busters are the most popular weapon with three votes. Plasma Shard is close behind with two. I can see you guys just want to be like Saddam Hussein and proliferate those country-killing bombs!

Comment

PB's. they have such a nice picture, and a great effect. I do like most of the weapon pictures though. I for one think the graphics are fine. Would be nifty to See artillery, have better conventional missile effects, and well, an all-around 'combat screen' option would be just great, even if it played out simplistically.

-Smack
                    Visit Aldebaran:Aldebaranweb

Comment

I remember my first time with the Planet Buster.

To make a long story short, I launched a Singularity Planet Buster at the Gaians. The only reason being is that they were the last enemy, and on the other side of Planet. I didn't want to mess with a protacted conventional war.

Being a newbie, I didn't know what to expect with the missle hit dead center in Gaian territory. A blue-white spiral spread out like a tornado and wiped out all of their major cities, infrastructure, secret projects, standing army, etc. My jaw dropped.

The point of this ramble is that hands down, the Planet Buster is the best weapon SMAC has to offer. If you like to blow things up, that is
                      "It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Safu the thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains - the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion."

- Piter De Vries, twisted Mentat

Comment

The voice of the people is still almost evenly divided between Plasma Shard (4 votes) and Planet Buster (5 votes). The Singularity Laser is turning out to be rather a non-candidate (invokes memories of Al Gore, doesn't it? ).

My first Planet Buster experience was dropping one on Morgan. It was only the third game I played, and I was the Gaians because I had seen them do incredibly well in the previous two (they eradicated me when I played as the University, and they savaged my coastline and pounded the Hive when I played as Morgan). I was also surprised by the effect - I certainly didn't expect to turn Mount Planet into a lake!

Comment

Planet Buster.
                          I literally shouted with joy the first time I used one.
                          Many many games I built up an arsenal of dozens, just to see an enemies entire nation cease to exist in a single year.
                          BOOOOOOM!

Also, techtonic missile. Against sea-bases, the most underrated way to turn an enemy nation into a big mess.

Indra

Comment

I have to say that I like chaos weapons, because I usually get them first.

But other than that Shard Weapons are cool! I think I like those two because war is on a level field more or less....the AI either has comparable weapons or they ain't too far behind. It makes the wars a little more exciting. But then I like it when I get greater weapons, like the graviton gun, but by then its too late for the AI to stop me.

Don't like PB's. Too powerful. One PB can end the game. I build them for a deterrent (does that work? The AI certainly knows when you have them) but I don't dare launch them unless I have a lot of ODP's. (I've yet to use one when I haven't been PB'd. Sometimes I'll save the game launch one just to see the result and then go back to my saved game)

Planet busters are great though in the way that you know if you use it you can destroy the Hive or the Believers in one fell swoop!
                            "I know nobody likes me...why do we have to have Valentines Day to emphasize it?"- Charlie Brown

Comment

Planet Buster here.
                              Because of SMAC graphics, those weapons aren't detailed, except for workshop.
                              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                              X