network node and alien artifact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• network node and alien artifact

If there any indicator on the a base screen that informs you whether its network node (if any) has already been connected to an artifact?
    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

In the upper right hand corner of your base screen where all your facilities are listed there should be a (linked with artifact) or maybe just (linked) next to the listing for the network node.
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

i just checked. it just says (linked).
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Re: network node and alien artifact

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
        If there any indicator on the a base screen that informs you whether its network node (if any) has already been connected to an artifact?
        Also if you use the go to city command when an alien artifact is selected and it will have an "(unlinked node)" next to cities with unlinked nodes.

Comment

I do not have any "linked" notation by network nodes in my bases facilities list, either with smax w 2.0 patch, or smac with no patch. Would one of my preference settings affect this? I have detailed menus selected. Is there some patch beside the official ones?
          "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
          From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

The go to with atifact works, but I can find any linked in the base screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
              I do not have any "linked" notation by network nodes in my bases facilities list, either with smax w 2.0 patch, or smac with no patch. Would one of my preference settings affect this? I have detailed menus selected. Is there some patch beside the official ones?
              I have all the patches and it should work. Here is where it should be. Anyone else know what the problem could be?
              Attached Files

Comment

MY base screens do not show that. Must be either a game setting or maybe a screen resolution setting. Should not be the latter, since smax is machine with a high resolution 19" monitor. I will try monkying around with some settings. May be some obscure non intuitive setting in the warning preferences.
                Thanks guys.

Comment

One possibility on my samx computor, I have applied the smax patch, which I assumed to coverboth games in the same directory, but not the smac patch (and I do not play smac on this machine). Should I have installed both patches?

Comment

No, it totally doesn't matter which patch you have, if any. Both SMAC and SMACX should show "network node (linked)" on the base screen regardless.

Lefty, I have never seen or heard of the problem you are describing.

Comment

I'm sorry, but I too do not have and have never seen "linked" next to a Network Node in the base screen. I also do not believe this is a settable option from any menu. It rather appears to be differences in the game.

I am running the Alien Crossfire Expansion Pack with the v.2 patch. US. Windows ME.

Ned
                      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

I've got SMAC with the 4.0 patch installed (all the nice new event pictures, new landmarks, etc.) but I don't get the "(linked)" indicator in either new games started since the patch was installed or in any of the older ones started under 1.0. Is this feature possibly from a SMAX patch or the original expansion disk install?

I have not installed any of the crossfire patches since I didn't think that I could change from regular AC to Crossfire just by installing a patch file. Does installing the Crossfire patches update the regular game files also even without the expansion pack installed?

Lefty, right now the only way that I know of to tell that you have linked an artifact with the node is to move the artifact to the city and wait one turn before trying to link the artifact. After that you will not get the option to link to the node if the node is already linked. You always seem to get the option upon the initial arrival of the artifact, but then the voice message plays with the pop-up box telling you to take it to an unlinked node.

Ken

Comment

I also don't get the "linked" behind my nodes in the base screen.

Comment

It depends on the screen resolution. To test this, I just opened the same turn in 800x600 and 1024x768. With the 800x600 resolution, I got the "linked" indicator. With the 1024x768 resolution, I did not. I suspect it has to do with subtle differences in the screen layouts and font sizes.

Note that if you use the "Video Mode" command in the Alpha.ini file, it will override the resolution you have set for Windows.

Darius
                            "I love justice, I hate iniquity. It is not my pleasure that the lower suffer injustice because of the higher." - Darius I, 550-486 BC

Comment

That an ass backwards quirk: more resolution you get less info.

Comment

Working...
                              X