No announcement yet.

Best/Worst SP Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Datalinks are good, but nothing compared to Morgan's interview...

And Lefty, I never, ever, contradict myself.

Comment

1. Cloudbase Academy
      2. Network Backbone (Check the project data and the quote and you'll think of a certain eye-glassed man who's first name is Bill )
      3. The Cyborg Factory (I just love the quote)

The Dream Twister and the Neural Amplifier are almost disgusting. And the 'man' in the Vats video is a very fat woman.
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

The good movie based on a game was Mortal Kombat: Annihililation, because of all the interaction and storylines between the different characters. A SMAC movie would be kind of like that, because there are so many possibilities with the factions and the planet...

Comment

My up and away favorite is the ME, which
          I think is one of the few vids with a proper
          SFnal feeling to it. I usually build it, look
          at the movie and then turn the movies
          off.

Least favorite: all the psych wonders.
          "Oh my, can we provide gross out shock
          value or can we?"
          "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
          "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

sonic

The weird part is that those videos largely come from a movie. It was an art flick around 1993 called mandula or something. I saw the original in theaters -- there's no way that those chicks and the freaky buddhist monks and the sped-up weather effects (from the weather project) could be from anything else. I have not seen the film in the game credits, though.

Any body else know what I am referring to?
            Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. And perhaps everyone else, too.

Comment

Nope. Don't remember a movie like that, although I do miss a lot. Some of the effects aren't really straight from any one movie; IIRC the sped up weather is pretty common. Aw, what do I know..

Comment

The Self Aware Colony. It's freaky, but tight..the timing with the voice-over is very nice.
                I HATE the CDF movie! It scares the piss out of me. That kind of animation-drawing has always gotten to me. Well, I like that it's in the game, and for me, it's certainly effective...but that whole SP is nonsensical in terms of what it does in the game...but that's another topic.

Overall, the SP movies are just amazing. I can't believe anyone had the time to make them and include them in a little old computer game. Imagine one of them as a TV commercial! They are easily good enough, heh, and the Nielsen ratings would show a bunch of suicides and murders I think...ouch, better not do that. The project I really don't like aesthetically is the Planetary Transit System, or similarly, the Datalinks. They are Cheezy...I think it's a mistake to try to effectively refer back to Earth, in the future. But that's just me. Couldn't resist commenting as I really do like the SP movies.

-Smack
                Visit Aldebaran:Aldebaranweb

Comment

I love the SP movies, but not the PSI ones...wet my pants first time on the Dream Twister.

Anywho, my top five would be:
                  Cloudbase Acadamy
                  MCC
                  LR
                  Bulk Matter Transmitter.
                  ME
                  It hurts to be on the cutting edge!

Comment

I've found the Morgan based SP's to be hilarious. Always doin backflips and saying random things.

"Of course we'll bundle our MorganNet software with the new network nodes" Hmm, inspired by Internet Explorer being bundled with Windows maybe?

"I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even five hundred would be pretty nice."

What a nut.
                    Corb

Comment

sparky:

The movie you're thinking of is called Baraka. It's very cool and I'd recommend anyone seeing it...it's kind of like one long mystical music video.

Anyway, the filmmaker allowed his footage to be licensed, so we used some of it for some of the movies (we didn't have enough time to do computer animation for every SP).

Comment

Why are several of you such pansies about the neural amplifier and dream twister movies? They would not have scared me when I was child (But then, I had seen real rattlesnakes and tarantulas when a child). Some of you guys must be real screams at haunted houses.
                        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Nerds with no social life grow up to play SMAC ...guess they didn't get out much..

Comment

"I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even five hundred would be pretty nice."

What a nut.

Lefty, I don't care what you say, that movie is freaky. Turn the lights out, look at the eyes, and just see if you don't flinch.

And death head, whatcha mean? Playing computer games makes ya a nerd?

Comment

I don't care for being called a nerd. Like it or not, nerds are taking over the world. Anyway, it was at night, I'd just finished a session of "Silent Hill", and my poor bladder couldn't take it anymore.

Anyone been to the AlienTerror thing at Disney, BTW...I loved that.
                              It hurts to be on the cutting edge!

Comment

Originally posted by SMACed
                                making a plot with a game like SMAC could be difficult.
                                Large Grossing movies need a plot? Gee, I thought that Hollywood had done away with that requirement since it is sooo restricting on the creativity of the artists and directors.

I don't see enough of the SP movies to have an opinion yet.

Ken

Comment

Working...
                                X