Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Morgan

Originally posted by Vytae
    90% of the time im the Morganites =o i am a total builder and i like creating neat,orderly aesthetic and severaly functional and efficent empires. Fungus blooms intterupt that,mindworms come when Fungus blooms do,intterupting my order. Its a knee jerk reaction,i cant stand mindworms or any native unit not to mention when running Fm they suck =o
    One of the best things about native life is that they have no support cost when sitting on a fungus tile. A good instrustry can crank out a few to guard formers and crawlers from other native life. Even as a FM Morgan, it's a good idea to keep some around (parked on a rocky fungus tile) to move in and knock out the pop-worms -- but better have a chaos battery around to soften up the stack a little bit . . .

RedFred, I thought Morgan couldn't run Green (the anit-Deirdre)? If not, what is his restricted SE choice? Power?

Comment

He can't...

Personally, I've never understood why anybody would be against Knowledge, power, or wealth...the three tend to be man's goals...I also think that religion should be a choice...for the Cult and the Believers.

Comment

*makes a mental note to check that he is actually getting half the minerals back from disbanding native life*

You could be right RedFred.

Morgan's aversion is Planned. Dierde is FreeMarket. So Deirde is very very anti morgan in the usual settings. Morgan is just slightly anti dierdre.

And as far as Morgan running Wealth vs Free Market, it really depends on if you want a poor planet/police rating and a slight bonus to commerce, or a poor morale & a bonus to industry.

Usually I pick Free Market, but that's because I want very good defenses, and to make a good offesive army, all I have to do is designate a few punishment sphere bases with good minerals as the home.

I hate wealth, but that's just me. I fully understand that most people swear by it, but throwing away units due to a low morale rating (which is what happens to me a lot if I have it) sucks IMO. I only use it pre-morale enhancing facilities, and when completely at peace. If you use if after morale enhancing facilities, EVERY unit that pops out of a base with one permenanly loses 2 morale levels. (makes a metal note to check up on that statemnt too )
        Fitz. (n.) Old English
        1. Child born out of wedlock.
        2. Bastard.

Comment

Fitz, I agree that the wimpy units you get when running Wealth with Morgan are a pain. But Green SE removes much of the problem on account of the free native army. But the Command Nexus SP is also suddenly much more important when you run Green and Wealth.

I have tested disbanding natives within a city and I get squat. Seems odd since you get minerals for other units and you get cash for planet pearls from hostile mws. But because of the variations in the way the game runs on different PCs I cannot conclusively say what happens on your machine.

Comment

I don't get anything for disbanding my natives.
            Wrong, you don't get anything from disbanding -captured- natives.
            That's why the AI keeps track of how many minerals it cost you to build a unit, so you can't catch/disband hordes of mindworms to rush build things.
            Pity, I cant find any use for the spore launchers, and I thought that'd be a good one.
            Indra

Comment

Spore launchers-- don't really like them but have found a couple of uses. Disband them into the wild in a position to bombard your enemies. OR disband them in the wild to kill them for the cash (not certain if you might not just recapture the thing). Never done this but could you not give them away to a pact mate for better diplomatic relations as well??

Comment

Well, but just a durn minit here. The mw's you catch are INDEPENDANT. Thus you can't cash them in. If you take one to a base and re-home it THEN cash it in don't you get paid?

:D

Comment

The mw's you catch are INDEPENDANT. Thus you can't cash them in

You can cash in independant units.
                  But you get half the number of minerals a unit cost you.
                  And free mindworms cost you nothing.
                  Indra

Comment

Re: The mw's you catch are INDEPENDANT. Thus you can't cash them in

Originally posted by Black Sunrise
                    You can cash in independant units.
                    But you get half the number of minerals a unit cost you.
                    And free mindworms cost you nothing.
                    Indra
                    Now I've never noticed the "no minerals for cashed in natives" thing that you describe. I do occasionally disband them in a base if I capture a ton late in the game -- but recall that I did get minerals. Must try it out at home.

Whether it is independent or supported by a base ought not to make a difference, should it?

Captured spore launchers are okay for supporting your worm-hunters out in the field: use the launchers to comb the fungus, drumming up business and leaving worms and humans for the killing. Also, the 'launcher can soften up the wild worms a little bit (because you probably didn't think to bring along an artillery unit). They can also capture wilds and not be attacked by anything other than wild 'launchers (which will go after them with a vengeance).

Comment

Working...
                    X