No announcement yet.

Signed, Sealed, and Delivered.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rock on, brother Jam....and I guess we can shop around for other players right here in the thread....anyone? Anyone?

-=Vel=-
    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Vel,

I would suggest 4 to 5 human players, all absolutely reliable, so that we can keep the game rolling at a decent pace. The AI can be eliminated, or left in for additional trophy hunting. The former choice may be more fair in terms of randomly generated faction placements, however.

Kinjiru,

A reliable "turn per evening...more on weekends" is acceptable. Your turn order might best be placed either right before me, or right after me, as I'm online pretty much constantly from 9:00am to midnight, Pacific time. If you precede me, and you run it late (your time) I should still have time to send it on, before retiring in the evening. If you follow me, then, odds are, I will have had a chance to play it during the day, and then you could send off to another, preferably West Coast, player who'll still be able to play before bed.

Any interested parties should contact me at both of the following addresses.
      jammath62@aol.com
      boardgamer@home.com

It would be appropriate to cc Vel, also. His web page link is provided in the first post of the thread. I will beg off providing his home email address, since I don't know how he feels about that being published.

JAMiAM

Comment

Count me in, guys. I just started this whole MP thing, and I love it.
        My sorry excuse for a website

Comment

double post
          [This message has been edited by waynehead (edited June 06, 2000).]
          My sorry excuse for a website

Comment

I am definatley interested. I normally check my turns reliably every weekday, and a lot more on each weekend however I am usually gone every other saturday. However during the summer I have no clue as to where I am going so I do not fit in the 100% reliable category

Comment

I would be intereted in playing in this company.

Which game is being proposed here? SMAC or SMAX?

Comment

I am definiitely interested as well...

Count me in... SMACX preferred, SMAC okay.

JSchwab

Comment

I would likewise be interested in joining a game... I could do a turn or two per day and I'm pretty reliable... I'd take turns between 5pm-midnight EST and maybe in the morning before running off to work.

I've been having a little trouble finding a good place to join up PBEM games... the ACOL forums have given me some success but the Apolyton forums haven't given me much luck. Anyone know of a good place to go?

The email is emjaycue@iname.com or emjaycue@hotmail.com.

--M
                  --M

Comment

My preference is toward SMAC, since I won't have to lug my cd to and from work to play.

I will leave it up to Vel, though. He's the one who will be dealing with AI players. That's AI, as in Aggresive, Intelligent players. As opposed to Artificial Idiot.

Comment

I always prefered "Amusingly Incompetent"

--M
                      --M

Comment

I would be interested in joining a new game. The only problem would be that I could only promise to be able to check/play 1 turn per evening, but more on the weekends.

And I must say, that WAS a very good example of gauntlet throwing. I almost expected Vel to respond with "You have dishonoured me Sir and I demand satisfaction."

As for the PBEM, the address on my profile is the one to use, but do please zip all files (they only give me 3MB of space...).

Oh, and whoever that was with the writeup on Timewarp - kudos. I had never really analyzed the option, but your comments seem to ring very true.

Comment

Nawww....::grin:: I've seen enough action in various games that I pretty much shrugged off the taunt portion of the gauntlet-toss. The guide I just finished has been tested, re-tested, and then tested some more for good measure, and against a variety of opponents....but it WAS a good technique....

-=Vel=-
                          [This message has been edited by Velociryx (edited June 06, 2000).]
                          The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

If there is still an open spot for someone who does NOT live in the West Coast...

Comment

I like the increased options and slower tech tree of SMAX, but if SMAC is more convenient for all concerned, I don't mind that either....

-=Vel=-
                              (who actually thinks that pacts and treaties with aggressive players are quite profitable ventures....)
                              [This message has been edited by Velociryx (edited June 07, 2000).]

Comment

What's up with this? Game on?

Comment

Working...
                                X