Signed, Sealed, and Delivered.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vel,
    It's only few months since I have been appreciating AC complexity and immense game depth (altough I bought it more than an years ago): this thanks to your guide release 2.0. Now you provide us with another masterpiece: release 3.0 . Awesome ! A true masterpiece !
    ------------------------
    HenryMad
    ------------------------

Comment

test

Comment

Cool...it works. Ok, how the hell are you Vel?!?!?!

I thought you had given up SMAC! Now i have to read more of your stuff....when I am sober. Did that game of ours continue?

jt

Comment

I am having trouble finding version 3.0 for SMAC(X). please help. thx

Comment

Go to Vel's site --> Discussion Forums --> SMAC - Strategy and Tactics --> SMAX Guide (version 3.0)

Comment

Sorry guys....was out of pocket this weekend....just getting back, and thanks for the assist, Meisman!

JT! Long time no see, bud! How are you? I'm great....just busy with a gazillion different projects, but then, that's how I like it....

Write to me man, and come, join me on my site!

-=Vel=-
              The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Vel: some people on alt.firaxis...alphacentauri have asked me for a Word copy of your guide. Do you mind if I give it to them?

------------------
                My sorry excuse for a website
                My sorry excuse for a website

Comment

jimmytrick and Vel,

Whenever you two are ready to continue our game, I am more than eager to do so. AnnC disappeared after one, or two, turns leaving us high and dry. I've tried to get a replacement for her, but nobody seems to have enough faith in Vel's strategy to take up the banner against cousLee and I.

There is nothing I enjoy more than casting down false gods!

I think cousLee would like to see the game moving again, as well.

JAMiAM

Comment

Hi Jami.

If you need a replacement for a pbem, I wouldn't mind taking up another one. My speed is reasonable (checking in at least in the morning and eve each day, usually more often). And I don't even mind losing a lost battle, as long as it's fun.
                    -joer.

Comment

False gods? LOL....he must be talkin' 'bout you, JT....::chuckling::

To be honest, I'd almost forgotten we HAD a game....LOL...we could pick it back up if you want to, but in light of the fact that we really weren't all that far along, and considering how much time has fallen away, it might just be best to start fresh if we're gonna do it....

-=Vel=-
                      The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Waynehead: For the moment, if you could just refer them to the site, I'd appreciate it....at present, I'm shopping the guide around to see if there's any corporate interest in having it professionally produced....been looking for a way to officially break into the publication field for ages, and this might be the very thing....

-=Vel=-

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Velociryx on 06-06-2000 06:15 AM
                          False gods? LOL....he must be talkin' 'bout you, JT....::chuckling::

To be honest, I'd almost forgotten we HAD a game....LOL...we could pick it back up if you want to, but in light of the fact that we really weren't all that far along, and considering how much time has fallen away, it might just be best to start fresh if we're gonna do it....

-=Vel=-

Vel,

We are on MY2174 to jimmytrick/AnnC/whoever you wish to have fill in. It has been two months since the turn has moved, since AnnC has dropped from the face of Terra.

I rather think that your wanting to start afresh is a disingenious way of avoiding the defeat that you are heading toward. Being that you are third of four on the power graph, ahead only of cousLee's Believers.

Get back into the game, with a replacement for your team mate. Or, play both of the factions (that way you'll have no excuses ).

The gauntlet has been thrown. Will you meet the challenge? Or will you slink back into the false security of your reputation, engendered through an enviable talent for prose, rather than action?

Comment

You neglected a critical game option --Time Warp! Feel free to use my commentary:

"Most players despise the Time Warp option. It's like taking over from an utterly incompetent governor. Time Warp accelerates you anywhere betweeen 30 and 80 years into the game. Faction might is scrupulously balanced, and each faction has exactly one secret project. But some players swear by Time Warp, and the only single-player games they play are using this option. (Time Warp can also be used in Multiplayer, but it is far, far better to use the Scenario Editor to accelerate each player's starting position.) This option can make the game very challenging. If you have gotten used to grabbing almost all of those critical early Secret projects, Time Warp will humble you, because you will have only one of the first seven. This option makes the AI very strong, because you can't use your special tricks during those critical first 50 moves that puts you leagues ahead of the pitiful AI. Deirdre usually completes the Empath Guild soon after your start, and she or Lal will become Plaetary Governor. On your first move, you will likely find yourself with rioting and starving bases, useless units, and sloppy terraforming. You will be behind in tech, and the tech you do have will be low-priority, making the usual beelines impossible. In many ways, Time Warp is much closer to Multiplayer than the usualy single-player game, because the opposing factions are more equal to you and the secret projects are spread evenly."

------------------
                            Creator of the Ultimate Builder Map, based on the Huge Map of Planet
                            Creator of the Ultimate Builder Map, based on the Huge Map of Planet, available at The Chironian Guild:
                            http://guild.ask-klan.net.pl/eng/index.html

Comment

Jam, you DO have a good way of throwing down the gauntlet, and put that way, of course I'll pick it up....but as to our differences in the power chart, while it's true (as best I recall) that I'm third, it's not by a wide margin....

My main reasons though, for recommending starting a new one are two-fold: First, becuase I know how "odd" it is to walk in and take over someone else's game in progress....takes time to get the feel for it....get stuff working the way you want. Second, because (and this is nothing I've not said many times before) the Builder game is at a disadvantage under these settings (lots of pods, average world size, lots of naturally good terrain).

I'd be honored to finish the current game though, and feel pretty good about our position at present, with either joer or JT....and as a side challenge, perhaps you two would be interested in starting another game with the same teams on a larger world, no pods...make ya work a bit for the tech? (tossing down another gauntlet...::grin : : )

-=Vel=-
                              [This message has been edited by Velociryx (edited June 06, 2000).]

Comment

Vel,

I would like to play an additional game with you, but not another team play game. To me, the diplomacy, and tension of guarding against the backstabs, are crucially important elements, and missing in the team play format.

I will play any setting you choose, and will adopt the faction that I believe best suited for the particular occasion. I only ask that "cooperative victory" be disabled. All victory types are fine, but when the fat lady sings, only one hero is to be the "winner".

See if you can scare up some RELIABLE players for such a game. We might be able to talk Bingmann into making another map.

JAMiAM

Comment

Working...
                                X