Faction Leader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faction Leader

I can't remember if this has ever been done (probably, but I'm taking a shot at it).

Anyway, my question to you all is this: If you could be any one of the faction leaders, which one would you be? This isn't "Which Faction leader you agree with most" or "Who would you like to date".

I'm talking about YOU actually leading the faction. So, who's will you be?

A Lady or Lord of the Gaian's? Will you preserve the environment on Planet?

A Chairman of the Hive? Will you value personal power and total command over millions of citizens, leading your faction to 'Humanity's Utopia'?

A Provost of the University? Discovering new information and delving into vast research possibilities?

A CEO of your company? Making untold amounts of wealth and satisfying every hedonistic craving?

A Colonel in the Spartan Federation? Will you thrive in the "great outdoors" and lead your own personal militia?

A Sister or Deacon leading the Lord's Believers? Will you lead your people to spiritual aspects that other factions cannot comprehend?

A Commissioner of the U.N. Peacekeepers? Uphold Earth's values on a foreign planet?

OR....

A Cult Leader? Will you lead a cult, worshipping Planet as a 'God'?

A Cyborg Leader? Will you be a member of the 'collective' and expunge all of your emotions for "logic"?

A Foreman of Free Drones? Will you lead those of the downtrodden into a new life of industrial knowhow and a (supposed) egalitarian society?

A Datajack Hacker of the DataAngels? Will you forgo society and lead a quasi-anarchistic society that concerns itself with computers and data?

A Pirate Captain of the Nautilus Pirates? Forget the landlubbers and sail the high seas in search for adventure and gold?!

[EDIT: Dang it! Stupid Poll button didn't work!]
    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
    *****Citizen of the Hive****
    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Prolly the poll didn't work because you forgot the banana.
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

I wouldn't want to have to lead people.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

For a decision like that, I'd have to choose the faction leader that is most like me (and way much more like me than any other character in SMAC/X or any downloadable factions I've ever seen. That leader is Academician Prokhor Zakharov. He and I have pretty much all the same strengths and weaknesses in real life, and I probably wouldn't wish it any other way. We're both logical, smart, lack ethical and social judgement, going to take engineering majors in college, and really like technology.

On top of that, his date of birth was one day after I turned eight.
        Known in most other places as Anon Zytose.
        +3 Research, +2 Efficiency, -1 Growth, -2 Industry, -2 Support.
        http://anonzytose.deviantart.com/

Comment

Morganites

Comment

Forgot to mention my own pick........Chairman Frankychan of the Hive.

(As if it was a hard guess..... )
            Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
            Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
            *****Citizen of the Hive****
            "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

If I had to choose though, I would probably go for Morganites.

Cyborgs would be my top choice were the cybernetic addition a symbiosis rather than a takeover.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Cyborgs, or University, or Data Angels, roughly in that order.
                Hi, I'm a sig virus. Pass me on by putting me in your sig!

Comment

No option of being one of the aliens then?

I think I would choose Cyborgs. You'd probably need to be one to be able to run an entire faction with more or less absolute authority.

Comment

hello, my name is...

Friar William ( Believers not PlanetCult )
                    I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

<---- I'm a drone, I would lead the drones over their oppressors.

Funny thing is I am an intellectual at heart, and would follow under the borgs or univ.
                      "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
                      "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
                      "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
                      "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

Cyborgs... maybe the Believers.. its just Miriam has twisted them so... or Data Angels!

Comment

Data Angels, Morganites, Gaians
                          Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Well, DataJack. A good faction leader checks his inbox regularly as well...
                            He who knows others is wise.
                            He who knows himself is enlightened.
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Well, I know you aren't addressing that to ME! My PM inbox is fine, and my e-mail is too... So were you trying to, Geo? Check the game thread...

Comment

Working...
                              X