Building queues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building queues

I would like to know how the building queues of Your base look like, because perhaps their is a better way to use them in case of turn advantage than I do. My queues always end with a base enhancement to prevent unwillingly building endles units.

My queues (after building garrison, probe team and basic enhancements):

Science bases: Crawler - base enhancement
    Military bases: crawler - unit - (2. unit) - base enhancement
    Crawler and trawler bases: crawler - crawler - base enhancement

Another thing that would interest me, is when You get a new tech, that gives You both the ability to build a new unit and a related base enhancement, what do You build first: the unit or the enhancement?
    Example: If You got D:AP, do You build first the needlejet and then the aerospace complex, or do You build the aerospace complex first, and then the needlejet with better morale.
    I normale take the first way, but I have doubt's if it is the best, so I would like to know Your opinion.

"Steelborn, Starborn"

Easy: my build queues are always empty
    I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

Generally with D:AP I will build the facility first at a few bases while another base starts building the prototype. The idea is to have a couple of AC equipped cities ready to whip out the jets ASAP. With a little cash around this doesn't take that many turns so better jets a little later are preferred.

However, if under attack or in a situation where a needlejet NOW can make a huge difference . . . --well then obviously a crash build is in order.

The same logic applies for all the morale enhancing facilities although it seems that getting to "elite" has a bigger impact on ground units making facility first even more important.

AS for build queues, I hardly ever use them anymore. It may be micromanaging but I tend now to scroll through all my bases every second turn or so (and every turn a base with a newbuilt unit or facility gets a visit). If the research rate is watched carefully you can ensure that you have done the appropriate rush-building and then switch to newly available facilities/units with no loss of minerals.

Comment

That's not quite true, MariOne. Your queues, like mine always have stockpile energy in them.

If you walk a straight line far enough, eventually you will return to your starting point.

Skanderbeg, check out my thread in this forum entitled "What every SMAC player MUST know" for a discussion on build queues.

Comment

I'm with cbn on this one - that's what I do too.

And I'm with JAMiaM on the build queues ... stock en is an issue still.
          Team 'Poly

Comment

well, only after producing units!
            I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

Working...
            X