Most Annoying Faction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring out the artillery, Frankychan!

Gstein, you forgot the Rome and some people would say America like Trithemius mentioned.

Technically, none of those are a true democracy anyway.

EDIT: There was this thread on democracy vs republic in Off-Topic, I tried to find it so we could move this debate over there but to no avail.
    Last edited by Barinthus; March 30, 2004, 13:59.
    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Now, would that be "pulling this thread RADICALLY off topic", or "pulling this thread LIBERALLY off topic"?
      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia
        Now, would that be "pulling this thread RADICALLY off topic", or "pulling this thread LIBERALLY off topic"?
        Zing!

To be honest probably both. I seem to be arguing with everyone...
        Trithemius
        ["Power performs the Miracle." - Johannes Trithemius

Comment

Depending on who our new president is, who knows what will happen. Maybe our country will be lead under fascism. (As said before, I am from the States, not Russia. Please pay no attention to the flag. IT is simply for effects. And please do not ask for what effects, think real hard, and you'll find the answer.)

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander
            The Pirates are easily handled most of the time with artillery, or marine units (which can attack sea bases from adjacent land) or with formers (to raise the land and provide and easy means of reaching them). Artillery is cheap and has a height advantage when firing from land at Sven's marauders. If he is sniping and you can't be bothered to reply in kind, crawlers along the coast will prevent him damaging your terrain imrpovements.
            You're definitely right, there are plenty of ways to deal with him, but I don't think that makes him any less of an ankle biter. My big issue with Pirates isn't the offshore bombardment, but the proliferation of size 2-3 sea bases off my coastline. You conquer them, and can't just put their citizens to the sword, you've got to engage in a campaign of prolonged starvation/pod rushing.

Comment

Well, putting their citizens to the sword is actually quite a rewarding and enjoyable pastime if you do as I do and cancel the UN charter.
              "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

The charter is worthless.

Gas the enemy, nuke 'em, and nervestaple your rioting drones to your hearts content.
                Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                *****Citizen of the Hive****
                "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan

Gas the enemy, nuke 'em, and nervestaple your rioting drones to your hearts content.
                  Mental note to myself: avoid starting games where Frankychan wants to participate.
                  He who knows others is wise.
                  He who knows himself is enlightened.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan

"Shop at Frankychan's Discount Atrocity Warehouse! For all your megalomaniacal needs!"
                    Trithemius
                    ["Power performs the Miracle." - Johannes Trithemius

Comment

Now THESE are sig Material!
                      Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                      Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                      *****Citizen of the Hive****
                      "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

I voted Usurpers, even though the Pirates are more annoying/less dangerous. The Usurpers don't negotiate, try to threaten you into giving tech and still will attempt to exterminate you, and can commit atrocities with impunity. In the early game if they start near you no matter what you do you are very likely dead. Now that's REALLY annoying. Plus if you survive later in the game and attack them, if you DON'T use nerve gas there are tons of annoying colony pods clogging the roads every time you take a base. They slow down any non-nerve gas Blitzkrieg against the Aliens (Caretakers are almost as bad, they just aren't quite SO AGRESSIVE). Oh, and probe team ops are prohibitively expensive.
                        The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                        And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                        Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                        Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder

Mental note to myself: avoid starting games where Frankychan wants to participate.
                          You obviously forgot your mental note. As I did too . Well now we know against whom to strike first before he makes nervegas a regular part of Chiron`s atmosphere.

SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by shawnmmcc
                            I voted Usurpers, even though the Pirates are more annoying/less dangerous. The Usurpers don't negotiate, try to threaten you into giving tech and still will attempt to exterminate you, and can commit atrocities with impunity. In the early game if they start near you no matter what you do you are very likely dead. Now that's REALLY annoying. Plus if you survive later in the game and attack them, if you DON'T use nerve gas there are tons of annoying colony pods clogging the roads every time you take a base. They slow down any non-nerve gas Blitzkrieg against the Aliens (Caretakers are almost as bad, they just aren't quite SO AGRESSIVE). Oh, and probe team ops are prohibitively expensive.
                            Yeah, those aliens are bad, and they stockpile missiles. God, I hate that. Everytime I build a unit and BOOM, there goes a waste of 1000 energy credits.

Comment

Gaians annoy me. They build so many bases I always spread myself way thin trying to take them all. And they do the "chop and drop". Constantly.
                              Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Best thing for every faction that gets on your nerves:

NUKES!!!!

Although, when people like Yang and Zakhorav "experiment" on their own people, it probably has no effect. That's when I wish you could assasinate faction leaders with probe teams.

Not that I ever use planet busters...

DUN DUN DAHHHHH!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X