A little Irony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little Irony

Colonel Corazon Santiago (with an accent on the o in Corazon)'s name means 'Heart' in Spanish...

Considering that she is the most cold-hearted and cold-blooded of the faction leaders and supports war...

This is a bit Ironic.

Are there any other Ironic happenings in Alpha Centauri which you noticed?
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Does the translation mean 'good' hearted, or just heart. If it's just heart, that works just as well for cold of heart. It also works if the implication is 'emotional'.
    Fitz. (n.) Old English
    1. Child born out of wedlock.
    2. Bastard.

Comment

Corazon does mean heart, and Santiago is a an archaic linguistic carryover. "Iago" like the nasty fellow in "Othello," and the whole thing just means "Saint James," who is the patron saint of Spain. Lots of Spanish-speaking countries have cities called Santiago (the biggest Santiagos being in Cuba, Chile, and Spain), but as a last name I don't know how common it is. The only person I know of who has it is the guitarist from the Pixies.

Comment

I like Santiago. She seems to be all business, and I can usually work with her. She is a good opponent who builds as well as attacks (which is a lot more than I can say for many factions) and therefore she usually gives me a good game. She is in short a gamer to the very end. I prefer her to most of the others, especially Lal (yes you have been running Democracy longer than I have, but I attack you anyway!) Miriam (relentlessly pathetic) and Cheese Dong (I am the weakest faction, at war with everyone else, so I must declare war on you!).

Btw, thanks for the Etymology y'all!
        He's got the Midas touch.
        But he touched it too much!
        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Working...
        X