Bye...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye...

Well I'm not no beloved authority like Vel or anything, and I don't think I've built much of a reputation one way or the other, but I've been around awhile, and so what the heck, might as well say goodbye. I'm probably not giving up SMAC, actually, but I am giving up the internet. So I won't be around anymore. I'll miss this place. I had pretty much given up on SMAC before I found it, and then coming across this site (not to mention Vel's guide) pulled me back in.

Anyway, I guess there's not much to say. Bye all, have fun, don't play too long.

(I am signing up for a yahoo account, but I'll only be checking it every month or so. If anyone wants to drop me a line, I'm at jessewclark@yahoo.com).

HP; you'll be missed around here!

I, for one, valued your opinion and insite on various topics concerning SMAC/X. All the best!!

Comment

HP, you will be missed. You asked good questions and gave good answers to other questions. I hope that you will drop by from time to time. We need all the good SMACers that we can get. Stay happy and keep exploring the SMAC universe.

Sprayber
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

HP, you've been a reference for me in my sporadic visits here.
        You'll be cited and remembered.
        Have a nice life, till we next meet.
        I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

Take care, and don't forget to come back to visit us -the hopelessly addicted.

Darn, now I'll probably never know if it is really, really cold where Helium Pond lives, or if he just talks with a high funny voice...

Comment

Helium,

You will be missed. All the best and stop by now and then just for a visit.

Vaya con dios mi Amigo
            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Sorry to see you go, HP - just in case you're checking back on this thread - you will be missed. I think the majority of people here held you in pretty high esteem, and it is a shame that you are leaving us.
              We're back!
              http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

Nov1999 to Jan01, pretty good lifespan right there.

No reputation? Probably all, if not the strong majority, of people at this forum (guests included) know who you are and are sorry to see you go.

Comment

Sorry to see you go ... I enjoyed your posts.
                  Team 'Poly

Comment

HP:

You made a terrific contribution. Your posts are always very informative. I still have and use your "Teeny Tech Tree".

You will be missed. Make sure you keep having fun!
                    Team 'Poly

Comment

You'll be back. Current issues come and go, but enjoyment in SMAC is forever, even if it takes a few months to rediscover the fact. ("slowly, like primitives, but accelerated thousands of times")

I know you came here when I began to zone out a while ago, but I've found your ideas fascinating and compeling. From one SMACer to another, I'll miss you being on the boards.
                      Banned on Black Saturday in the name of those who went before him.

Realizes that no one probably remembers that event.

Comment

Another bright light, and voice of civility, lost. I wish you well, and hope that you do return...

Comment

I often read and seldom wtite in these forums HP, but your posts are among the few I moslty appreciate reading. That's why I feel I should say goodbye, and hope 2cu soon

Comment

I agree with the others - there is no way you are unknown. You have given us huge amount of useful information and sparked a huge amount of useful debate. You will be missed.
                            The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                            Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                            All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                            "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Helium,

I'm sorry to hear you are leaving! You will be missed!
                              Do come back from time to time when you can.
                              As you see I've given up SMAC about a year ago and now I can post and play a bit sometime again... Try to follow my tradition

Zsozso
                              ::Zsozso::

Comment

Working...
                              X