No announcement yet.

Remember the Splinter Factions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redfred, could you send me those factions too?

anti147@hotmail.com

I'd love to play with more. I DLed ones from Helium pond's site but only one faction works and the others fudge up my smacx. The only faction that works is the Gebazzo, any others put in there make the faction selection thing in-game dissapear. Or did I do it wrong?
    [This message has been edited by anti146 (edited January 20, 2001).]

Comment

RedFred:

If you send me the zipped files I'll be happy to add a page to the SC site for downlaoding them - save wear and tear on your e-mail system

Googlie

Comment

Hey RedFred. It would be cool to download from the SC site if that would be easier.

Are there many multiplayer games with cumstom factions or are they all done with official factions? I could see where custom faction would present a problem. I have played so long with custom factions that the other day I forced myself to just play with the original seven and found out that it was pretty exciting still. Nothing like facing down Yang and Santiago at the same time.
        [This message has been edited by Sprayber (edited January 20, 2001).]
        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Well, here is what I did.
          under #CUSTOM FACTIONS I put in the faction names just like this (like the instructions said on the web site)

#CUSTOM FACTIONS
          GEBAZZU, GEBAZZU
          PHS, PHS
          RANGERS, RANGERS
          SYNDCT, SYNDCT

...that's how I done it, and only the "bug" faction works.
          [This message has been edited by anti146 (edited January 21, 2001).]

Comment

I'm fairly certain spacing is important in the format so it needs to be kept the same. Check out the smac\x columns and spacing for them and do it the same. For example:

GEBAZZU, GEBAZZU
            PHS, PHS
            RANGERS, RANGERS
            ATLANTS, ATLANTS

Then make sure to leave spaces between these and text before and after as the smac\x factions are. Make sure you save this information formatted and it should work.

Comment

Splinter files have been sent direct. Googlie, I still have your diskettes if you want to boost them to the net at a later date.

Comment

Anti,

I have 6 of the custom factions from the Network Node working on my PC. Maybe your problem is in the alphx.txt changes needed to add the factions.

Comment

Working...
                X