No announcement yet.

Remember the Splinter Factions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vel, I take it you found the original splinter factions? If not, Googlie gave me a copy which I've kept.

Comment

Chris Pine, one of the key Firaxis staff, collaborated with Prima on their guide, so my assumption would be that it was "blessed".

And EA holds the copyright for the guide.

Gamespot holds the copyright for its guide but adds a note to it's page "All titles, items, characters and products described or referred to in this guide are trademarks of their respective companies"

(I guess that's why it's is "The Unofficial Guide")

G.

[This message has been edited by Googlie (edited January 17, 2001).]

Comment

off-topic:
        networknode:
        Nice faction stuff, that must've taken a lot of work. What did you use to view/modify .flc files? I've been trying to figure this out for a while and I've got nothing. Thanks for any help you can give.

Comment

RedFred, I have not located them yet, so if you'd be so kind as to shoot me a copy, I'd really, really appreciate it....it'd save me a TON of time!

And thank you, Brother Googlie, for the bit of news on the guides....seems like if I put a disclaimer in the same vein of gamespot, I'll be okay then....cool!

-=Vel=-
          The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Done, Vel.

Let me know if you didn't get everything.

Comment

Have any of you guys ever created new units? Just wondered.

------------------
              "Are you good men and true?" Much Ado About Nothing, Act III, Scene III

Comment

I read my post and realized that it sonds kind of stupid because you can design new units in the game. What I really ment is have you ever created any new abilities for units.

------------------

Comment

Got 'em RedFred, and thank you again! As to Dogberry Man's question....nope...I've not delved deeply enough into the mysteries of the .txt file to know how to do it. I'd be scared I'd royally screw up my game...lol

-=Vel=-
                  The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Thinking of the Splinter Factions, an idea hit me.

Does anyone NOT play with Do or Die option on?

If so, I think I'd be cool if once a faction is erradicated, they are replaced by their splinter faction!

Also if playing this way, it might be cool if the first two factions erradicated were replaced by the Aliens. Maybe they pick up on the life/death signs given off and come to check it out, fighting between themselves on the way to make sure they get there first, and crash landing like everyone else.

Soooooo, the question of the day, is this possible? Anyone feel like hacking some txt files?

Comment

That sounds like it woul take a lot more than hacking txt files. But then I wouldn't know....

Comment

What you are talking about involves how the game handles the elimination of a faction. That would require a modification to the actual game code itself.

What you are describing is a modification to how the engine that runs the game operates, not a change in what that engine presents to the user. The combination of the text files and the graphics files only define what the engine presents, not how it presents this information nor what it does when a certain state within the game exists.
                        "That which does not kill me, makes me stronger." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
                        "That which does not kill me, missed." -- Anonymous war gamer
                        "I fear that we have awakened a sleeping giant and instilled in it a terrible resolve." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Comment

Hey, RedFred could you send me a copy as well? I'd like to have them.

My email is wrlang86@hotmail.com .
                          [This message has been edited by Baryonyx (edited January 18, 2001).]

Comment

Sure Baryonyx, I'll send them along. If you don't mind I'll hang on for a couple of days to see if there are any other requests so I just have to do it one more time.

I am guessing that with Vel doing further work on the splinter factions most people will want to wait until he is done.

Comment

I must say that I would love to have the splinter factions as well. I assume that Vel will put them up somewhere after he fine tunes them. I have a few custom factions already but I like his ideas as well. So RedFred I would appreciate if you could send them to me if there is sufficient demand. It would be interesting to compare the factions before and after the fine tunning. Besides, I'm really curious. I just got through with reading the back issues of the Spartan Chronicles and I am especially interested in Honshu's Militia and The Circle of Ashaandi.

chrisspr@hotmail.com
                              Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

I'll be sending all the files tomorrow. As I notice that you are both on Hotmail and presumably have the 3M limit as me, I would suggest cleaning out your old e-mails beforehand. Lots of big files will be coming your way.

Comment

Working...
                                X