Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Umm, how much ecodamge is too much ecodamage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like massive production without the associated ecodamage though.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Besides Genejack, which is horrible to me, did you use punishment, or Drone-riot elimination project whose name I can't remember?
      I have all those talents because I have a stack of Transcendi, and am running 30% Psych.

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

If 100 ecodamage is a 100% chance of a fungal pop, what's 549 ecodamage? 5 pops each turn and a 49% chance of a 6th one? And how big an army do you need to get rid of all the mindworms?

Comment

What do you use for your screenshots? I got over 300 last night, without satellites, but none of my screenshots would come out right...

Comment

If 100 ecodamage is a 100% chance of a fungal pop, what's 549 ecodamage? 5 pops each turn and a 49% chance of a 6th one? And how big an army do you need to get rid of all the mindworms?
            Its still only 1 *pop* per turn, but that's EVERY turn. As for the worms, you can deal with them with Empath Artillery and/or SAM Empath Artillery, then one elite Empath unit kills the whole stack, taking maybe minimal damage. So you need 3/4 units, and they bring at least 100 ec/turn extra

What do you use for your screenshots? I got over 300 last night, without satellites, but none of my screenshots would come out right...
            Press "print screen" on your keyboard, Alt-Tab into MS-Paint and press Ctrl-V to paste. Save as a BMP, then open it in Photoshop and convert to a JPG to post here on 'poly.

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

It comes out looking all black, with just the base name and maybe a couple other things showing... will try though...

Comment

You'll probably need to makes sure you're using a better colour depth than SMAC uses on your desktop, too

-Jam

Comment

I usually use 24 bit, with either 800x600 or 1024x768 on a Raedon 9700 Pro.... I think its that I'm running too good...

Comment

So, what's the highest ENERGY any of you have gotten out of a single base? Maybe some sorta Uranium/Pholus thing with ME and FM and Morgan with Boreholes everywhere or something, crawling in from an energy park and trawlers and... well, anyway, I'm curious. I did once fill an entire ocean with trawlers and got a sea base up to +150ish energy, but it was kind of a waste because I had all the science stuff in another base... and was playing the Hive.

Comment

There is no such thing as too much ecodamage. Just keep in mind this line by Bill Cosby: "How long can you tread water?"
                      I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

There is a clear-cut limit to ecodamage.
                        As soon as sea level starts rising, there is too much ecodamage.

Of course, this limit depends on the pace of the game. But this just adds to fun.
                        Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

Working...
                        X