Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Umm, how much ecodamge is too much ecodamage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also its a dirty exploit, and not the way ecodamage was intended to work.

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

But what a huge waste of build turn queues.
      You have to face it, by then the choice is what to waste your build queues on. I usually find I can build a world-dominating military in just a few turns.

Also if you have, 20 bases, increasing minerals at all bases by 1, means 20 more minerals per turn. CP's cost what? 80? 100? Something around there. Turns to pay-back, 4 or 5, if you sell it, ~3. Waste? If building crawlers is a waste, then building CP's is too

Obviously anyone getting minerals into the high hundreds is doing so for the sake of it, they can build and sell CP's for precisely the same reason.

Comment

Save the Whales! (for dessert)

So this baby harp seal walks into a club ...

What's the hardest part of an endangered species to eat?
        The radio collar.

How many dalmations does it take to make a fur coat?
        Who cares?

How many baby harp seals does it take to make a fur coat?
        Depends on when you ran out of dalmations.

Why are there no stray pigs in America?
        The same reason there are no stray cats in Vietnam.

What do followers of the religious right and animal rights have in common?
        Both pray for animals. ("Bless you, Lord, for this bounty we are about to receive ...")

Why do endangered species taste like chicken?
        If they were better than chicken they'd already be extinct.

Where is the best place to shoot an endangered species?
        Inside the barn.

But that's nothing compared to Jamski's 549 damage rating ... trying to start a fusion reaction in Chiron's core, or are we just sick of the one remaining week per year of cold weather?

Comment

I needed more sea bases

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

is that your "actual" mineral production, or are you building an orbial improvement with the space elevator?

Comment

You expect me to remember that? Actually this base was ONLY building SPs at this stage of the game, and expensive facs.

-Jam

Comment

pish. Space elevator double mineral production when building sats. If that's what you're doing, then I scoff at your feeble efforts. Not that I don't anyways

If you're trying to impress me, you've failed

Comment

Jamski has discovered that if the groundhog drowns in his hole there will be no more weeks of winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                    Amen!
                    Trithemius
                    ["Power performs the Miracle." - Johannes Trithemius

Comment

After I finish laughing.... I'll come back tomorrow. Expect Mr. Morgan to punish you badly for your foolish economy! Question: Besides Genejack, which is horrible to me, did you use punishment, or Drone-riot elimination project whose name I can't remember? I vote second!

Comment

Damn Jamski....

....the highest I ever got was 450.
                        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                        Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                        *****Citizen of the Hive****
                        "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Blake
                          250 treefarms would deal with that quite nicely

I regularly run minerals into the hundreds with 0 ED, once my bases have mad production i just keep building CPs then selling them all every so often and repeating. With 10 bases able to build a CP in two turns (buy in one for 90 credits) it doesn't really take long to get minerals above 200 while remaining clean.

Altough there isn't really any such thing as too much ED, the income from worms is very good. (altough if you have cash and minerals coming out of your ears then the cash wont help much... but it's good in OCC's)
                          how does that work. building then selling? I have never heard of this (I guess) exploit

Comment

If you buy and sell a facility that lowers eco damage, the eco damage drop stays but the facility doesn't. If you built it again, eco damage goes even lower.
                            Hi, I'm a sig virus. Pass me on by putting me in your sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                              how does that work. building then selling? I have never heard of this (I guess) exploit
                              It is according to Jamski

Orginally posted by Jamski

I agree.
                              Trithemius
                              ["Power performs the Miracle." - Johannes Trithemius

Comment

sounds cheasy to me.

Really, I have never needed that much production anyways. Overkill.

Comment

Working...
                                X