Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Losing grip on reality - I am Chairman Yang !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing grip on reality - I am Chairman Yang !

OK for my current job before i started i had to sit a psychometric test (part of the interview process) and 2 months after i was accepted i decided to ask for the results to this test to be shown to me. They can only be shown with guidance by a trained psychologist from the british psychology board and can't be taken away, so this is from memory earlier today hence no scanned picture and not everything listed

Main points

1) Very high leadership desire
    2) Extreme assertiveness
    3) Controlling
    4) Totally aware of society
    5) Low desire to interact in small talk with people
    6) Excellent teamworker
    7) Highly intelligent
    8) Methodical
    9) Very emotionally stable

There was a second sheet that rated quite alot of things on marks out of 1-10

Concious control - 10.7 (he says these things are only 87% accurate)
    leadership - 9.6
    neuroticism - 1.6
    Controlling - 10.4
    Delegative - 8.2
    Negotiative - 4.3
    Intelligence - 8.8
    Realism - 9.1
    Shaper - 5.4
    Creativity - 4.6 (bah at that -2econ)
    Artistic - 4.9
    methodical - 8.5
    practical - 8.2

I managed to obtain a fairly high MD score (to do with the distribution of results), the psychologist says it shows that either knowingly or unknowningly i am altering several points. Well obviously i don't want to be seen as the madman i am (a kid at work was irritated by his 3.1 on neuroticism and remembered me at college leaning out of the 8th floor window and saying "imagine what it would be like to squish those little ants down there")

So basically im a very assertive control freak of a leader, everybody working under me knows what they have to do and they must do it following the rules i have specified. I appear nice at times due to knowledge of what people perceive as nice and a willingness to act out such things in pursuit of my own goals, however i can easily adapt to new people and a new set of ethics and my true thoughts will never be known.
    I have rules set out in my head, i will not be persuaded to cross these lines. Stubborness inhibits creativity, while strong sense of order removes all aspects of chaos within me (and those around). Intelligent but still likes to form objects. Emotionally stable, very little will even faze me and inner self is totally content (no, i NEED more power!)

All in all i rule and i'm Chairman Yang so get back to the mines you drones

(either that or the normal guy across the street who you always hear people saying "i can't believe he did that, i would never have expected it")

Thats as much as i can remember at the moment. We got interrupted during the meeting by a non-drill fire alarm so had to go outside for abit. After the meeting was done he said something like "this wasn't another exam you know, you didn't even bat an eyelid at anything" , which was because i could feel him analysing everything about me from my posture to my eye movement scanning the room and so i turned it on him watching every movement and argueing with 40years worth of psychological study in an utterly monotonous voice, making him lost for words a few times
    Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Yeah, but can you hypnotize people just by your stare and power of suggestion?

That's his trademark.

Comment

look into my eyes, just into my eyes, do not look around my eyes just into my eyes when i click my fingers you will believe you can play smac
      *click*

Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

And what's your Atherholt pain tolerance rating?
        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Comment

You're a f***ing lunatic.
            Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Well, well, well....I see that I have a challenger....

I took a psychology test at my university and they said that I was basically "normal" across the board. The examiners said that I was high in social interaction and empathy, which was correct.

But any good Hiver with a psychology background can manipulate psychological profiling tests to their advantage.

Kudo's, Lazerus! I salute you!
              Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
              Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
              *****Citizen of the Hive****
              "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

I really want to take one of these tests. Then I can scare people too.

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I think I'll try to freak people out!
                  I have a great mental roleplaying ability, gained it from my training. I'll be able to roleplay quite effectively.

I'll see if can get:

Extreme assertiveness
                  Completely unaware of society
                  Completely individualistic (as opposed to team-oriented)
                  Extremely Idealistic (as opposed to practical)
                  Extremely intelligent
                  Extremely emotionally unstable

"This is MY reality. Bend to my will or be broken - my mind -is- the unique ideal and I'd sooner kill the lot of you before I let you corrupt it with your 'society' or 'teams'."
                  It's a trick I've been pulling to gain government support because the only job I'm suited to is Renegade Scientist.

I'll see if I can get the 15Q+ test done myself.

Comment

If you are mentally roleplaying then you know you are lying, your MD raw score would show up really high indicating your concious mind is overiding your subconcious personality.
                    Then again with Aki the subconcious is where the emotions come from so being able to totally supress that turns you into a cyborg

Comment

When I tell people that I am a psychopath they tend to freak out.
                      Like I am going to be a serial killer or sth.
                      SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

I used to think I might be schizophrenic
                        But then the doctor told us we're not
                        I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerus
                          If you are mentally roleplaying then you know you are lying, your MD raw score would show up really high indicating your concious mind is overiding your subconcious personality.
                          Then again with Aki the subconcious is where the emotions come from so being able to totally supress that turns you into a cyborg
                          You underestimate how deeply I can trick myself into believing something.

Comment

I did a very similar test once at school (at least the table looked very close to that below, only it was in latvian)

Main points

1) Very High leadership desire (most people do not know what to do and if they still do, then they dont want to do it)

2) ? assertiveness (is this the same as self-confident or dogmatic or something else? just dont know the word)

3) Controlling (believes order is a root of success)

4) Totally aware of society

5) Very high desire to interact in small talk with people (he is chatty like an old lady.. )

6) Excellent teamworker (determined by his interaction skills, positive nature and desire to lead someone)

7) Highly intelligent (due to very good memory)

8) Methodical (the comment was - tends to find
                            appropriate method for anything he does)

9) Emotional stability - above average

Also had the 2nd sheet - it included some more values, but the respective to Lazerus' ones are here

Concious control - 6.8
                            leadership - 9.0
                            neuroticism - 3.4
                            Controlling - 10.1
                            Delegative - 9.3
                            Negotiative - 9.7
                            Intelligence - 8.5
                            Realism - 6.4
                            Shaper - 8.9
                            Creativity - 8.4
                            Artistic - 4.9
                            methodical - 8.5
                            practical - 7.6

At least I beat you in Creativeness and Negotiative..
                            Most others seem to be lower for me

Is this a kind of standartised test or method?
                            I remember seeing this kind of analysis also in my companys Employee Department (or whatever it spells like). I had skipped it luckily - the boss was an old friend of mine and took me in without consideration..
                            -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

I did something like that in year 7 or so (manipulate a test that is) - it was one of these silly profling tests trying to find out what we were interested in (for guidance/future studies kinda thing). So I answered things to make it look like I really, really like math and science. (I do like them. Just not quite - that - much... ) And it came out just as I planned

I tihnk I scared (and sure surprised!) my Mum a little when I confessed I'd did that
                              But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
                              PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

Working...
                              X