Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Dissociative Wave Effect

Question:

If I put Dissoc. Wave on my defenders does that "fizzle" an attackers bonus (say ECM for example) or does Wave only work on offense?

wave dissociate only works when you're the defending unit as far as i know.

yep just checked manual

"Enemy units get no combat bonuses from their own special equipment when attacking a unit equipped with Diss wave"

"The field generator is bulky and hard to manipulate during mobile engagements, rendering it ineffective as an attack weapon"

Then again i never really use this so blame the manual if thats an error otherwise you've got it the wrong way around
    Last edited by Lazerus; July 24, 2003, 21:07.
    Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Take a look at this thread at CGN:

unbalanced units?

Comment

ah so it DOES work on offense aswell, i thought it did when i was messing around making really strong units to toy with the AI
        Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Yup! I knew my wave choppers were better than my non-wave ones.

Rubin, thanks for pointing out that link, it was most informative. I guess I need to start checking out the Readme to see if there are any other goodies I missed for SMAX.

Lazerus, I learn something new in this game everyday - that's why it rocks (even sans AI). I guess it's kinda sad it took me so long to catch on to this one though being that I have played SMAC/SMAX over 2 years (with a 10 mo. break to check out Civ3, Age of Wonders II & Spaceships Unlimited).

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
          X