Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qbert
    replied
    Yup! I knew my wave choppers were better than my non-wave ones.

Rubin, thanks for pointing out that link, it was most informative. I guess I need to start checking out the Readme to see if there are any other goodies I missed for SMAX.

Lazerus, I learn something new in this game everyday - that's why it rocks (even sans AI). I guess it's kinda sad it took me so long to catch on to this one though being that I have played SMAC/SMAX over 2 years (with a 10 mo. break to check out Civ3, Age of Wonders II & Spaceships Unlimited).

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Lazerus
    replied
    ah so it DOES work on offense aswell, i thought it did when i was messing around making really strong units to toy with the AI

Leave a comment:

• Rubin
    replied
    Take a look at this thread at CGN:

unbalanced units?

Leave a comment:

• Lazerus
    replied
    wave dissociate only works when you're the defending unit as far as i know.

yep just checked manual

"Enemy units get no combat bonuses from their own special equipment when attacking a unit equipped with Diss wave"

"The field generator is bulky and hard to manipulate during mobile engagements, rendering it ineffective as an attack weapon"

Then again i never really use this so blame the manual if thats an error otherwise you've got it the wrong way around
    Last edited by Lazerus; July 24, 2003, 21:07.

Leave a comment:

• Qbert
    started a topic Question on Dissociative Wave Effect

Question on Dissociative Wave Effect

Question:

If I put Dissoc. Wave on my defenders does that "fizzle" an attackers bonus (say ECM for example) or does Wave only work on offense?
Working...
X