Fixing Ms. Roze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing Ms. Roze

How do I make it so The Data Angels recieve a Covert Ops centre at the BEGINNING of the game? I've bumped their bonus down to +1, so in the end it should be +3 instead of 0.
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Re: Fixing Ms. Roze

Originally posted by Tassadar5000
    How do I make it so The Data Angels recieve a Covert Ops centre at the BEGINNING of the game? I've bumped their bonus down to +1, so in the end it should be +3 instead of 0.
    I'm not sure. Try the creation forum perhaps, and / or PM gwillybj. He seems to know a lot about modding.
    He's got the Midas touch.
    But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Tassadar5000: Have you tried using the Free Facility option in the Faction Editor (not the Free Facility (prereq.), though)? I believe it is supposed to solve your problem.

Comment

If nothing else works you could always give them the required tech from the beginning. Or do you need to give them the prereqs as well?

Comment

I think Gufnork's right. The only thing that will work is to give them the tech at the beginning, but that would look kinda silly.

I recommend giving them an innate +3 probe and getting rid of the Covert ops centres. Their probes will generally all be Elite by this time anyway, due to tech modifiers. You could also give them immunity to negative probe modifiers, so they can run Knowledge without crippling their advantage.

I don't think they'll end up too unbalanced.

Comment

The facility tag in the University and Hive files, FACILITY if I remember, grants a facility without the prereq tech. Use that instead of, if I remember, FREEFAC, which is in the Angels and Pirates files.
            "Cutlery confused Stalin"
            -BBC news

Comment

That is actually a remarkably swell idea. I've got to try that.

Comment

My take on fixing Roze is, give her +1 probe instead of +2, give her robustness against Probe, and since that's 9 mods and the limit's 8, remove her SOCIAL, -POLICE entry. That way:

Case Original Altered
                Start +2 Probe +1 Probe
                PSA +4(0) Probe +3 Probe
                Knowl +0 Probe +0 Probe
                Both +2 Probe +2 Probe
                Last edited by Chaos Theory; July 16, 2003, 23:40.
                "Cutlery confused Stalin"
                -BBC news

Comment

FACILITY vs FREEFAC

Originally posted by Chaos Theory
                  The facility tag in the University and Hive files, FACILITY if I remember, grants a facility without the prereq tech. Use that instead of, if I remember, FREEFAC, which is in the Angels and Pirates files.
                  You remember correctly.

FACILITY, 4 = Free Perimeter Defense at every base from the beginning of the game (as in hive.txt).

FREEFAC, 34 = Free Covert Ops Center with discovery of Pre-Sentient Algorithms (as in angels.txt).

So, for the Data Angels to get the Covert Ops Center at every base from the beginning of the game, open angels.txt and change FREEFAC, 34 to FACILITY, 34.

Remember that they are "free" only in that you do not have to pay the construction costs (100 minerals). You do still have to pay the annual maintenance fee (2 Energy Credits).

Have a look at Free Facilities, a related lively discussion initiated by Mr. President in the Creation forum.
                  Last edited by gwillybj; July 16, 2003, 00:06.
                  I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

So does that mean that the free network node that University receives actually deducts from their treasury from the beginning of the game? News to me.

Comment

Yeah, I don't remember that being the case.
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Well, I just gave the Pirates a FREEFAC, 37 (free Subsea Trunkline), and they started out with the Subsea Trunkline, so this is not as straightforward as it appears! I'll look into this further tonite gwillybj has it right as far as how to give the Data Angels a Free Covert Ops Center from the beginning of the game. FYI.

D

Comment

Giving the AI that many facs early on that will be of no use but to subtract money and are probably going to drive it into debt unless it cheats.
                          Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

I have never seen a free facility cost any upkeep, so that shouldn't form a problem.
                            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by Gufnork
                              If nothing else works you could always give them the required tech from the beginning.
                              you certainly don't want to do that. that'll mean they'll be able to build the hunter-seeker straight away

Comment

Working...
                              X