Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question for Jeff or anyone who knows.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You people must be really bored.
    There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

But have we not answered your question?
      Play hangman.

Comment

Re: I am the GREAT and MIGHTY JEFF!

Originally posted by theJeff
        In the game of SMAC, roads are completely unnecessary! They are a time wasting diversion at best, and an invasion route at worst!
        Can this be the great "No Roads" Mead?

(look here)

Comment

Mead hasn't filled in his profile details, so how can we have any fun comparing him to Jeff?
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

No, it's not me.

I am getting on-line somewhat less nowadays, but check in from time to time.

I'm not sure who it is.

Mead

PS

If you manage to read through all of the pages of that thread you'll find that my test of playing a Trans SP game without making any roads except on mines indicated that playing without making roads was painful.

I managed to win the game, but it would have been a lot easier (and faster) if I made roads.

PPS

Isn't that one of the reasons we play this game?
            To test ourselves, and our theories?
            And have fun.
            Last edited by Mead; May 9, 2004, 01:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaunk
              But have we not answered your question?
              Actually, I worked out the answer on my own 4 years ago.

I reasoned that the denominator defined by a forumla something like this -> 1/2^x where x was betwee 0 - 15 inclusive (0 - F). This would give a possible range of 1 to 32768 for the denominator.

Of course, it could be as simple as 1/x where x is a range of 1 - 16.

A thank-you goes to Reznod for answering.
              There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Originally posted by Qilue
                Actually, I worked out the answer on my own 4 years ago.
                Well thanks for letting the rest of us know.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns

Well thanks for letting the rest of us know.
                  Well I could have let you know Skanky, if you had been around back then.

However, having received no response, I didn't really feel such a confirmation was needed.

Comment

yeah think of all the lurkers who were dying to know the answer, but spent the past 4 years not knowing.

My only hope is these lurkers are still around today to finally find out the answer.

Comment

DL permabanned, it's creator for two weeks
                      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                      X