Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question for Jeff or anyone who knows.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question for Jeff or anyone who knows.

This line in alphax.txt

1, 1 ; Numerator/Denominator for frequency of global warming (1,2 would be "half" normal warming).

I currently run this at 1, 10 (I've had enough of being washed away because Yang, Santiago and Domai want to be planet rapers).

What is the limit on what the denominator can be changed to? Like, could this be changed to 1, 100 or even 1, 1000?
    There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Bump.

Yes, I'm bored.
    If you want to kiss the sky/Better learn how to kneel/On your knees boy - U2, Mysterious Ways

http://zanature.wordpress.com

Comment

OMG, damn. How much digging did you have to do to bring THIS one up from the pit?
      Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
      Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
      *****Citizen of the Hive****
      "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

I do hope Jeff answers the question though....
        Play hangman.

Comment

Anybody know who Jeff is?

Anyway, if you set the denominator low enough, your number would be close enough to zero that you wouldn't have global warming any more.

Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Look on your SMAC box, Jeff's name may just be mentioned there somewhere...
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Sorry. I make it a point never to read a game box unless I expect to see something.
              Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

If you set the values like this:

You will not have any global warming. I played a game with this edit, had nearly 300+ minerals at every base (50+ bases) and the sea level never changed.

Although without the global warming some of the fun is taken away in trying to prevent it.

Comment

at this thread.

I can imagine someone waiting 4 years for a reply.

Comment

I am the GREAT and MIGHTY JEFF!

It has taken the GREAT and MIGHTY JEFF 4 years to calculate the answer to your question Qilue.

And the answer is.....

That is the answer provided by the GREAT and MIGHTY JEFF!

Comment

Who's DL are you then?
                      Play hangman.

Comment

I like his style, though.
                        And he even bothered to put in his birthday.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

ROFL I agree with Skanky.
                          Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                          Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                          *****Citizen of the Hive****
                          "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

It wa the oldest post I could find. Seemed like a weird one though, surely it wasn't the first. I guess others have slipped into oblivion.............
                            If you want to kiss the sky/Better learn how to kneel/On your knees boy - U2, Mysterious Ways

http://zanature.wordpress.com

Comment

I am the GREAT and MIGHTY JEFF!

After much contemplation the GREAT and MIGHTY JEFF has discerned the following facts:

In the game of SMAC, roads are completely unnecessary! They are a time wasting diversion at best, and an invasion route at worst!
                              The GREAT and MIGHTY JEFF foresees hordes of mind worms utilizing your own roads to easily destroy your wanting empires!
                              Abandon your foolish designs and tear up your own roads before it is too late!

That is the wisdom dispensed by the GREAT and MIGHTY JEFF!
                              Last edited by Guest; May 6, 2004, 14:14.

Comment

Working...
                              X