Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it time to merge some of the AC forums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is definitely an argument for leaving well enough alone.

Comment

I'll post a poll. For good measure, I should probably post pointers in Fiction and Creation as well. Watch this space...
      (+1)

Comment

(+1)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. President
          Why don't we get BAC its own sub-forum?
          Yeah, why not?
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

me thinks that creation could be merged with general, but those other 3 need their seperate forums.
            My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

When I first saw the suggestion I thought HELL NO.

I havent been to the creation forum in a long time so maybe im not the one to comment on that. The fiction forum isnt as active as the general forum but it has a kind of unique flavor to it and it would be difficult to wade through general threads to find the Story threads. There are some wonderful old stories in the AC Fiction forum that have long since dropped past the veil of 5 days. If you have not I highly suggest you go through there and have your page show all the threads since the beginning and start reading. There are numerous stories by authors that are no longer here(or are just lurking) that would blow your socks off. My particular favorite gem is Santiago Clause describing all the things children get from each faction. Lots of other multi author stories that i wished would have been finished. And smaller single author stories. I would just hate to lose all that and have them combined in the twisted wreckage of "drone problem" threads or "how do I wage war" threads so common in the general forum. Not that there is anything wrong with those questions, but it would really make it difficult to find the good stories in the AC fiction forum. I would vote no for combing the fiction forum with anything and to be honest, just leave it the way it is. Of course if the gods of poly think otherwise we just have to live with it. I am merely a lowly thread god.
              Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

well yes, we can't have fiction and general together....we can't have Joe dropping off the first page, now can we?

Comment

I'm swinging round to the creation-general merging idea...some people post new creations in here anyway just because creation is so slow.
                  "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Did you vote in the Poll Clear Skies?
                    (+1)

Comment

Working...
                    X