Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it time to merge some of the AC forums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it time to merge some of the AC forums?

I have noticed a bit of a drop over recent months and Ac Creation and AC Fiction seem to be dying on their feet. AC general is also starting to flag somewhat.

Would merging the three forums give it all a kickstart? Does the low traffic over the three forums justify separate forums anymore?

Just a though. What do others think?
    (+1)

Hell, NO!

Comment

Fiction will be alive soon, considering that Kassi is back. AC Creation OTOH, is indeed... eh.

Comment

There have been no posts in eiother forum in thelast two days. I suspect most people just visit AC General and merging the othe rtwo forums might add a bit of extra interest going on all three....
        (+1)

Comment

I look at Creation every time I come, specifically looking (hoping ) for other players' new ideas (factions, alpha.txt mods, etc.), and I like it being separate. I've never visited Fiction.

The Creation and Fiction forums are slower because it takes more time to develop the content. I like being able to, for example, post a custom faction in Creation, where it will sit prettily on the first page of the list, and any who venture there will look at it (or not) and comment on it (or not). It takes time for people who like to test such things to do so and return with their or .

Even at its (comfortably) slow current pace, in "General" such a post would disappear too quickly. The thread would be 2-3 pages down before then.

Keeping them separate makes it very much easier to perform Searches, too, as posts and threads don't disappear forever so soon.

I like to think of the forums as a convention site, with "AC-General/Help/Strategy" as a large "Common Room", but "Creation", "Fiction", and "Multiplaying" - and the new "Democracy Game" - as smaller side-rooms for more specific discussions.

My 2¢.
          ~willy~
          Putting the finishing touches on the presentation of a custom faction, for posting in AC-Creation.
          I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

What he said.

Seriously, when I ran into it, I thought AC-Fiction was a dream. The game was so complex, and the backstory practically invited players to write their own stories and fill in the gaps. The forum has slowed down, but the dream walks.
            Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

The Fiction forum isn't dying on its feet, it simply only has the two threads in it Lack of diveristy doesn't necessarily mean lack of traffic...
              I admit, though, that having a forum only for the BAC seems a little weird. Maybe we need to lead a fiction recruitment drive - get everyone off fanfiction.net over here. I mgiht start writing some more myself too...if I ever find the time.
              *exits muttering curses and imprecations against Oxford interviews and A-levels*
              "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

the MP forum seems pretty active, but merging creation and fiction would seem like a better idea. creation is dead, and fiction is just slow because it takes so long to write things.

Comment

Words of wisdom, TKG.

Comment

Yes, creation and fiction could be merged, but not General.
                    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Are we agreed on the amended suggestion then?

Perhaps I could post a poll.

Views?
                      (+1)

Comment

why a poll? to quote mark and ming:
                        THIS IS NOT A DEMOCRACY.

it is a private site, so mark will just do whatever the hell he wants regarless of what we mortals think

maybe we should just PM him instead

Comment

Originally posted by TKG
                          why a poll? to quote mark and ming:
                          THIS IS NOT A DEMOCRACY.
                          True, but if we have a poll showing public support for such an issue, perhaps the mods are likely to be more kindly disposed towards our viewpoint. We may not have the power, but at least we can have some influence. All told, it's better than nothing.
                          "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Yeah, I would think that a poll might be in order. MarkG is trying to make this site the
                            best he can. A poll could be a good guideline, would be help when pondering the question.

Comment

I could see merging Creation and General; merging Creation and Fiction is a little odd from a content point of view.

The Fiction forum isn't dying on its feet, it simply only has the two threads in it
                              Why don't we get BAC its own sub-forum?
                              Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Working...
                              X