No announcement yet.

Get It Name Right!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MariOne, remembering more precisely, italian didn't mention "confezione" but the french translation had "confection" - which means manufacturing but also manufactured clothes. And German uses Konfektion for manufactured clothes, also. Maybe that's it: They made a strange French translation which got translated to German by some humorous translator.

Ich bin ein Berliner!
    You're living dangerous. There was a person from America who said this, and later there was someone else who tried to verify that he is really filled with jam. (Berliner is a sort of doughnut without its famous hole, but filled with jam.)

BustaMike, if you meant "Das ist mein Affe" you're out of luck.
    Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

Bahasa Indonesia: Masa Depan Manusia
      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Yeah, so my german is limited to one ridiculous phrase that I couldn't even spell. Could be worse.
        "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Anyway, with some luck and the help of a picture I was able to figure out what you meant. And unless you lived in Germany/Austria/Sitzerland for several years, I don't mind (I had a Chinese colleague whose German was on the same level as yours - after nearly two years in Germany. And for a physicist this would even be sort-of acceptable if he didn't need so much with his English - I don't understand why some people want to work in a country when they don't want to learn the language.)
          Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

Its not German.. its bavarian :=)
            Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

:=)
              what's this... a walrus smiley???
              I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

Working...
              X