No announcement yet.

Efficiency-higer than +4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't forget Children's Creches, which are another +2 (?) efficiency for that base. I haven't figured out if that affects the bureaucracy drones -- anyone know?

So with Gaia/Democracy/Green/Knowledge/Cybernetic/Creche , that's +11 efficiency... quite high, given that "Paradigm" is at +4...

At least the extra Efficiency does indeed help, as does a Planet rating beyond +3. No other area gives more benefits beyond the highest level listed, and every one of them can be exceeded (some like Research and Morale by only one faction, and Probe and Industry only in SMAX.) Firaxis was uncharacteristically shortsighted in designing those tables.

Comment

Efficiency beyond +4 has a definate effect in two areas: raising the limit on bases beyond which you experience extra drones, and energy loss due to ineffieciency. If you look up the formulas for both of those, you'll see they both allow for values beyond +4.

+4 is the limit for loss due to disparities between the lab/econ allocation. At +4 and above, there is no loss even if you run 0% econ and 100% labs (or vice versa).

Efficiency is one of the few that allows this open ended scale.

Incidentally, while I accept the probe wrap-in-value bug (having not tested it personally) I find it very suprising that it happens above +3. Given that Believers/Fundy/Thought Control allow a +4 PROBE (IIRC), you could exceed the limit even in the original game. Thus I find it somewhat amazing that Firaxis set the top as +3. Not all that amazing considering we're talking about Firaxis, or course.
      Fitz. (n.) Old English
      1. Child born out of wedlock.
      2. Bastard.

Comment

Working...
      X