Artillery Damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artillery Damage

This may have been done before, but does anyone know how Artillery vs non-artillery damage is calculated?

I know how specific the role of an artillery is but I am one of those people who likes to find out not so popular items in the game and see under which scenario they shine. Understanding how artillery works would be really handy.

From brief observation, roughly matching attack and defensive values will yield 1 unit of damage around half the time. When the ratios becomes 5:1 the average damage seems to average around 6 or 7.

My setup is:
    Multiple set ups of
    1 artillery vs a stack of 9
    9 because I can easily see all their health at once on the toolbar without scrolling

I've still haven't figured out the normal combat odds probability. Although I still have the Quick 'n' Easy modifiable 500 vs 500 combat test
    Promoter of Public Morale
    Alpha Centauri Democracy Game

Artillery does nasty things to all native lifeforms except spore launchers. On a stack of pure locusts you must use AAA artillery.

Land-based artillery is very effective against ships.

Artillery is very effective against unarmored units such as transports, probe teams, and aircraft. On a stack of pure flyers you must use AAA artillery.

Artillery prevents repairs except at monoliths.

Winning an artillery duel does massive collateral damage to all other units stacked with the losing artillery piece.

Comment

Also artillery stops terraforming turns. Anyway I recently had a pre-air warfare fight and there were two chokepoints that really required defensive artillery to cover for the pure attack units. Blind tech and tech stag creates for interesting battles.
      Promoter of Public Morale
      Alpha Centauri Democracy Game

Comment

Working...
      X