Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual

Is there an online version (like a .pdf) of the Alpha Centuari and Expansion pack? I've had the games for a long time, but now I can't find my manual, and would like to look over it.

-Iynx
    I didn't fall asleep, I just dossed off.

I don't think there are any copies of the manual online. Perhaps at gamefaqs.com but I doubt it. Good luck. Have you tried looking at your cds? They could have one somewhere on one of those cds.
    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

The cd's I have don't have the little insert in the CD case. The case itself has a command sheet on the back, but that's about it. Thanks for the advice, I'll check out the gamefaqs site.

-Iynx

Comment

Its not a manual but there is a lot of info in game when you hit F1. Add that to the command card ( I use the drop down choices for all but a few most common things) and you will cover most game concepts.
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I have spare manuals for smac, if you have a USA mailing address.
          Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
          Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
          "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
          From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

I actully live in England. I put the USA flag cause I was born there. I'll try the F1 thing. thanks!

-Iynx

Comment

Originally posted by Iynx
              I'll try the F1 thing. thanks!

-Iynx
              Ya the F1 is a library of info and I also recommend pressing each of the Function keys to see what they do. You might have known this but there are a bunch of great ways to see a summary of various aspects of your empire. I spend a LOT of time scrolling through my F4 display and that of factions I have infiltrated. I particularly like that you can have the bases organized in order of mineral production or labs etc . . .DEciding where to rush the next lab enhancement doesn't require much thought then
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Oh, that sounds interesting. Can you give me a legend of what each of the function keys do please?

-Iynx

Comment

F1-datalinks
                  F2-research report
                  F3-erm financial report (energy report)
                  F4-base report (very useful)
                  F5-Secret projects report
                  F6-orbital view-satelite report
                  F7-unit/military report
                  F8-score report
                  F9-monument
                  F10-high score
                  F11-switch for simplified menus
                  F12-communication/protocol
                  SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                  The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Of these, F4 is the most useful but the F7 view is also very handy, especially for factions you have infiltration on. Its quicker than checking their bases to get a sense of overall military might. I also use F2 a LOT when I am seeing how a research race is going.

Comment

I use F3 to check on how many Tree Farms, Hybrid Forests, Centauri Preserves and Temples of Planet I've built. That gives a quick estimate of how many minerals it takes to cause ecodamage in a base (assuming you had a >pop< and haven't recycled any of these facilities).
                      "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
                      -- Kosh

Comment

I have a manual for SMAC but with my planetary pack I seem to be missing a manual for Alien Crossfire. I can't seem to find a pdf on the disc either. Is it there at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaboth
                          Is it there at all?
                          Probably not. My laptop collection CD didn't have one although there was a readme file or something listing changes.
                          Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Alpha Centauri Manual

Assuming you have "adobe acrobat reader" already installed on your 'puter, enter this line- D:\automenu.exe (where "D" is your CD-ROM drive) in the "RUN" box under "START". Oh, have the SMAC cd already in your drive when you do this!
                            This info can be found in the jewel case instruction booklet under Using the Electronic Documentation

-Peace Up!

Comment

You can get the SMAX manual here(near the end of the page). No idea about the SMAC manual but as it's been said, you can do just fine with time and F1.

Psychorider

Comment

Working...
                              X