what should i build on squares?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mark13 -

Dealing with eco damage: Well I build lots of formers and raise land like crazy & also build pressure domes, just in case. I also, keep good trance combat troops around to eliminate the fungi blooms.
    I have no living enemies!
    Tim

Comment

quick question that only remotly relates to the orig topic. Can a port base gate a supply foil to a land locked base to change home status then gate it back to launch it into the sea?

I guess it really doesn't matter since gates come late in the game, and you will have missed out on a huge cache of energy, but just wondering.

Comment

VC,

Answer is yes.

Answer is also yes it almost always is too late to make a dif as well.

Og
        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

"Two reasons:
          a) you don't get any nuts from borehole squares,
          b) the effect of eco-damage is smaller outside the base radius. (I think)"

Interesting! I tend to go the other way. Once I get crawlers, I put as many boreholes as possible in the city radius, and then use crawlers for nuts.
          The spaces in between the boreholes, I normally put a condenser and farm, and but a crawler on it for the 4+ nuts produced.

As you can see I tend to ignore eco damage. Most of the time I run about 80-300 eco damage per city.

------------------
          Tim
          Tim

Comment

TimHobbit:

Eco-damage can be a hugely crippling factor mid/late game, when the sea levels begin to rise. This is why I tend to be very wary of it - in my last 5 SP games, the sea levels have risen only once....

But it is an interesting idea, but eco-damage, for me, would be the big equaliser - I wouldn't be prepared to subject Planet to all that damage for the sake of a few extra minerals...

On that note, does anyone put condensor/farms on nut specials? This should, if I have my maths right, give you 7 nutrients:

- Rainy square: 2
            - Farm: 3
            - Nut Special: 5
            - Condensor (+50%, rounding down): 7

I have tried this once, and it works quite well. Of course, put a soil enricher on it to give 9 (10 in the jungle)....

We're back!
            http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

Mark13 -

For me I always "n" the nut specials. Your math looks right. My current game has one city with 3 in the radius, getting 8+ nuts each hex.
              Tim

Comment

Working...
              X