No announcement yet.

Landmarks: The Good, The Bad, and The Stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reef is in the game for Sven, who can improve deep ocean squares after he gets (advanced ecological engineering?). So yea, most of the time it does nothing for you.
    He's got the Midas touch.
    But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Yeah I meant the reef...

Having a landmark only one factin can use, and only late in the game, is the most useless thing I can imagine in the game.
      Banned on Black Saturday in the name of those who went before him.

Realizes that no one probably remembers that event.

Comment

Just one comment - New Sargasso is great when you're running green. This is the place where you can farm mind worms, raking in cash, increasing their morale and capturing new ones (mind you, if you capture an IoD, you usually get 1-2 MWs with it).
        Same goes with the Ruins, adding to the already huge power of this landmark.

LoD
        I love the tick of the Geiger counter in the morning. It's the sound of... victory! :D
        LoD - Owner/Webmaster of civ.org.pl
        civ.org.pl's Discussion Forums and Multiplayer System for SMAC and Civs 2-4

Comment

What is the Nessus Canyon and where can I get it?
          Can't Sleep Clowns will eat me...

Comment

skiguy: The Nessus Canyon is a landmark present on the Map of Planet. It's not generated at random - if you want it, you have to make it by yourself (it has a tag in the Scenario Editor). To find out what bonuses it can posses, see previous posts by other players.

LoD
            I love the tick of the Geiger counter in the morning. It's the sound of... victory! :D
            LoD - Owner/Webmaster of civ.org.pl
            civ.org.pl's Discussion Forums and Multiplayer System for SMAC and Civs 2-4

Comment

Vel, Ogie-

Are you sure about the forests expanding into arid? I almost never have that happen. In fact I usually build condensers in arid solely for the purpose of increasing the moisture and (presumably) increasing the chances of forests growing on their own.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

In general yes, the wetter the land the more the forests will expand. The dunes and Unity crash sites seem to be the exception to the rule though. This is based strictly on observation, I can't recall seeing any documentation to confirm that these are somehow favoured by forests.

Comment

Usually I Build condensers in the dunes automaticly making them rainy and therefore good for farming. But besides the dunes I usually always build forests in all land squares except mines in rocky and mineral bonus squares, condesers and farms in nutrient bonus squares and farms and echelon mirrors in energy bonus squares. Then I also construct a Road network between my cites and I agree tht forests in the Jungle make for an extremely productive area.

------------------
                  And I asked him,
                  What is thy name?
                  And he replied saying:
                  My Name is iMac: for we
                  are many..
                  And I asked him,
                  What is thy name?
                  And he replied saying:
                  My Name is iMac: for we
                  are many..

Comment