X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY-2202 Planning & Execution Thread

MY-2202 - a few moves

Unit Moves:
    • Move new Noodle supply north for 12 tiles (range is 24) to central Arcadia
    • Rummage in the river fungus below the Unity Wreckage with the Sileni – nada
    • repositioned the F-8 from Iaci Base to Bunker-112
    • landed the colony pod and scout at 78:66, and provided CAP with the F-8 from Fort Sol
    • redeployed the F-8 from Defiance Freehold towards Fort Sol
    • moved the Colony pod trannie north into fungus, and sailed the SCC Iaci to cover
    • SCC Njord limped to 3Nuts Crag shore – provided CAP with the F-8 from that base, and returned the F-8 that was CAP’ing to that base
    • Ran a sortie west with the B-8 in 3Nuts Crag – nothing Gaian hiding in the fungus that we could detect
    • sent the Disco Volante and the Invincible south to fungus just northwest of Kel Harbour
    • ran the spore launcher thru the river fungus south of Defiance Freehold
    • Borehole completed at Minas Tirith, so redeployed 10 formers along the road to northeast of Minas Tirith to await orders there
    • deployed an F-8 from MT to CAP the 2 formers left at the borehole site
    • Deployed an F-8 from MT to CAP the 10 formers
    • sent the sea former south of Gythium Harbour to build a tidal barrage in that base’s remaining seatile (hopefully kelp will expand automatically)
    • flew Craterwest’s damaged B-8 to Olympus Academy to heal at the aerospace center there
    • moved a drop probe up the road from OA to Vlad, and dropped into Arcadia University
    • dropped the drop probe from Ironholm into Tegea Harbour (I should have moved it six tiles first – rats)
    • moved the 3rd drop probe from Gagarin to Mendelev, then dropped into Vijay
    • moved the 6 formers that completed the borehole at Argos up the road north (to solar that 74:16 tile?)
    • Moved Argos seaformer into the bay to kelp farm there (will do the tidal barrages after the kelp is in place)
    • Rummaged in the Mt Taygetus fungus with the 2 hoplites and the mindworm, but nada
    Build Orders
    • MM’d a tree Farm at Ironholm and a Fusion lab at Fort Superiority (130 credits and a rover supply each)
    • MM’d a crèche at Argos (its rover plus 10 credits)
    • MM’d a Hab Complex at Oly Academy (rover plus 38 credits)
    • MM’d a Tree Farm at Santiago Citadel (speeder supply upgraded for 130 credits)
    • put a supply speeder in production at Port Vander, and rushed it for 18 credits
    • rushed the Red Fungus speeder supply for 9 credits
    • deployed Terrapeso Regional Command (TRC)'s supply speeder to a mine and put another into production
    • MM’d a rec Commons at Westpoint, using that mind-controlled crawler
    • rushed the supply skimship at Arcadia University for 15 credits
    • Supply speeder in production at Blast Rifle Crag
    • rushed the supply speeder at Bunker 112 for 3 credits
    • Supply speeder in production at Esquimalt Naval Academy
    • supply speeder in prod at Ft Buster, rushed for 12 credits
    Attached Files

MY 2202 moves (cont)

Terrapeso
    • Moved the Trannie and the GeneralTacticus to Port Vander (from just east of Red Fungus resort) – Gaian invasion force will deploy from here
    • Moved the Steppenwolf from Chaunk Citadel towards Port Vander
    • repositioned a B-8 from Fort Mead to Climactic Research
    • Repositioned a B-8 from Westpoint to Mendelev College
    • repositioned a Chaos Amphirover from Westpoint to Red Fungus
    • repositioned a Chaos Amphirover from Hindenberg to northeast of Red Fungus (en route to Port Vander)
    • Repositioned 2 B-8’s from Fort gateway to Mendelev College
    • sent the B-8 from Red Fungus en route to Vijay
    • repositioned Red Fungus’ F-8 to Fort Gateway
    • moved the Missile Batteryman from Impaler towards Port Vander
    • redeployed an Ogre from Blast Rifle Crag to Port Vander (second Ogre will transiot next turn after the CDF is commissioned at Blast Rifle
    • sent a B-8 from Mining Camp to Esquimalt
    • transited the Chopper from Fort Mead to Westpoint
    • sent TRC’s skanky to Port Vander
    • sent two F-8’s from Port Vander to Hindenberg
    Laconia
    • sent an F-8 from Craterwest to Sparta Command
    • rushed a Rec Commons at 2Nuts for 22 credits
    • sent two F’s from Minas Tirith to Craterwest
    Arcadia
    • sent two B-8’s and an F-8 from Fort Liberty to Vijay
    • deployed two F-8’s from Vijay to Ass Red
    Attached Files

Comment

MY 2202 moves (cont)
      • sent a B-8 from Chaunk to Gagarin
      • moved Mercury out of Gagarin Harbour – to Fort Gateway or south via Defiance Freehold?
      • rushed the supply speeder at Fort Micha for 14 credits
      • moved Chaos Chopper from Impaler to Westpoint
      • started a surplus CDF on the journey form Minas Tirith to Cratersouth
      • transferred the drop police from Paramiria to Robotics – next turn we’ll induce pop-boom there
      • put speeder supply crawlers in production everywhere when not sutre of what to build (can crawl food/mins or else MM facilities/units)
      All units have now moved.

I'll pass on the turn to the Gaians in 8 hours or so (ie Monday morning PST) so there's still time for any imput/disagreement, etc
      Attached Files

Comment

There being no dissent, the turn is final and has moved on.

But ..... the bug is still with us. After completing the 2202 cycle, I was prompted for "Gaians 2202"

Ah well

Comment

hmm, so my first impressions here (more team-input on the turns than in Morgan) were wrong.
          no sig

Comment

There used to be much more. It's just gradually declining. A common phenomenon in all DGs.

As for why I'm inactive:

Partly because exams are pending, but mostly because it can't really hold my interest anymore, as victory is guaranteed now. Sorry.
            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
              Partly because exams are pending,
              I call my reason "work". Old fashioned, I know.

Originally posted by Maniac
              but mostly because it can't really hold my interest anymore, as victory is guaranteed now. Sorry.
              Yeah, just one last stomp to do.

I do not have SMAX installed at the moment (again), so I can hardly make MM suggestions anyway.
              Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

I'm still watching. There aren't very many pressing strategic questions at the moment, and I'm just fine with Googlie handling most of the micro-management. When we get ready for some conflict with the Gaians, I'm sure I'll be posting more often.
                Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

Please, don't see this as a complaint or an inquiry for "reasons". I didn't input anything either.

It's just I was really amazed when I joined here about the activity and thought we at Morgan had done something "wrong". Now I realize war generates interest while building farms/mines/boreholes/crawlers doesn't.
                  no sig

Comment

Well, personally speaking, I am disappointed that Maniac has more or less "withdrawn". I was learning so much (yes, even after playing continuosly from 1999 onwards) about base management and was looking forward to hints/processes, etc with the various captured bases under Maniac's management.

I'm sure that our efficiency is suffering from my turnplaying, but, well, someone has to do it

And Zeiter did produce a masterful plan for the Morgan invasion - we look forward to an equally in-depth version for Gaialand!!

Comment

Assuming we will get the Cloning Vats soon, what I would do after we get it is:

1. Switch to Police State / Green as IIRC Modo suggested. This will allow us to quell 9 drones in each base with three police units.

2. Build up to 18 sky hydroponics labs. This will give 9 nuts in all bases without aerospace complexes AFAIK.

These two things should allows us to popboom all our bases to size 9 - the hab complex limit - without building a single facility and without needing to worry at all about drone riots etc.
                      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

And for anyone who hasn't/can't open the latest turn, population stats are:

Sparta (with internal growth, and captured UoP, PK and Morgan bases): 283
                        Gaians (internal growth only): 163
                        Hive: 143
                        Angels (internal growth - and self destruction - and captured Hive bases: 54)

More info:

Sparta:
                        48 bases
                        • 4 at 16
                        • 4 at 9
                        • 1 at 8
                        • 2 at 7
                        • 4 at 6
                        • a bunch with fewer than 6
                        Gaians:
                        18 bases (at least 11 with Hab Complexes)
                        • 1 at size 14
                        • 2 at 12
                        • 2 at 11
                        • 1 at 10
                        • 4 at 9
                        • 1 at 8
                        • 7 at 7
                        Angels:
                        12 bases
                        • 1 at 10
                        • 1 at 9
                        • 1 at 7
                        • 1 at 6
                        • 1 at 5
                        • 1 at 4
                        • 3 at 3
                        • 1 at 2
                        • 2 at 1
                        Hive:
                        19 bases
                        • 1 at 13
                        • 2 at 12
                        • 1 at 10
                        • 2 at 9
                        • 5 at 7
                        • 9 with fewer than 7

Comment

Maniac, you need to mention the obvious stuff, too.
                          I mean the police units required to accomplish your plan. Cheap enough, but we still have to build them, right?

Comment

I think every established base now has 3 police units (currently quelling 6 drones). It's just the former Morgan bases that are still building them - and maybe the odd size 2 or 3 base where growth is stalled.

Also, we have 6 Hoplites roaming around in varous fungus fields that can be upgraded to police

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
                              I think every established base now has 3 police units (currently quelling 6 drones). It's just the former Morgan bases that are still building them - and maybe the odd size 2 or 3 base where growth is stalled.
                              Ok, that should be easy enough.

Originally posted by Googlie
                              Also, we have 6 Hoplites roaming around in varous fungus fields that can be upgraded to police
                              I thought the units roaming fungus were a big part of our current cashflow. Has that changed?

Comment

Working...
                              X