Welcome, former Morganites!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome, former Morganites!

This is just a thread for former Morganites who might join us, to let them know that they are welcome and that their input will be appreciated I don't know for sure if old Morganites will be allowed to join our team, but I sure hope so.

If you want something interesting to read, check out the council of war thread, that basically covers the discussions of why we invaded you guys. You were very close indeed to being spared ... It initially started out as a debate between me and Modo on whether to attack the Angels or the Gaians

The place to find the old turnchat logs are here:

For what it's worth, I considered you guys very worthy adversaries, but I guess we caught you with your pants down

Mad love

EDIT: Also, check out the thread "Our current target" - there you will find the poll which lead to your demise.
    Last edited by Snoddasmannen; December 16, 2005, 08:55.

Colonel Googlie, longtime leader of the pro-Morgan wing of the Junta, warmly welcomes worthy erstwhile adversaries to the council chambers.

(For what it's worth, the Colonel joined "the other camp" following the discovery of the Morgan build of the armoured transport and the movement of probe units towards it - apparently directed toward a massive probe operation against our vassal, the University. Obviously this could not be tolerated)

So the "gift" of the twenty or so former Morgan bases to the Federation, and the assimilation of as many of the Morgan Board as wish to join the Junta, is the best of all worlds

GGLIE

Comment

Re: Welcome, former Morganites!

Originally posted by Snoddasmannen
      If you want something interesting to read, check out the council of war thread, that basically covers the discussions of why we invaded you guys. You were very close indeed to being spared ... It initially started out as a debate between me and Modo on whether to attack the Angels or the Gaians
      Erm...yeah...uh...I guess I am sorta...partly responsible for...you know.........getting your faction annihilated..........sooooooo...I guess......sorry .......hey, free fungal gin tonics are on me, if that helps..........well, this is a bit of an awkward pause.....
      Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

I believe that the 'accepting procedure" is as simple as Skanky Burns just authorizing former Morgan team players to access the Spartan threads

I recall some discussion - but don't see anything in the rules - to the effect that Morgan players can't divulge details that they know re the Gaians, etc., until 10 turns (or 20, or something like that) - anyone else remember?

And as an aside, how do we guard against "rogue" Morgan team members joing Sparta but feeding data and info on to the Gaians?

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
          And as an aside, how do we guard against "rogue" Morgan team members joing Sparta but feeding data and info on to the Gaians?
          I would consider that extremely poor taste, I certainly hope nobody would be that mean.

Comment

Anyways, just pass along some 100 year Spartan Federation War Bonds and those Morganites will be all .
            They'll have a vested interest in our success for years to come I'm sure.
            -=/+\ Wuy3 /+\=-

Comment

Sent the following to Chaunk:

e-mail from Googlie to Chaunk

Re: Spoils of War

When you open this next turn, you'll find that you have a recon Rover and a Noodle at Weapon Arm (you're going to disband the noodle and use the rover to destroy the base, as we have an IoD offshore with units aboard)

But you also have some formers and crawlers scattered around (5 regular formers, 2 clean formers and 4 crawlers) - can we ask you if you'd be willing to turn over control of these before you destroy the base? (otherwise they'd just disappear) They would go a long way to building the Terrapeso Administrative Region to its former glory (possibly even better as we can popboom the bases with creches (almost 1/2 of them) to size 9 with no Hab Complex or to 16 with a Complex!!)

There's also a probe team that will disappear as there's no way to get that to our territory to turn it over (nor to the Hive to do any damage there)

Comment

Ack!

I was authorised here last night, thanks for the welcome!

Re: Diplomacy, the email that you used Googlie, is an old one that I check very infrequently, so I received none of your messages sorry. I would therefore assume that AndiD did not turn over control of the formers etc. Sorry about that. mjyyy.blakemorezzz@gmailxxx.com (minus xxx, yyy, and zzz) is my current email.

With regard to Morganites passing info over, I would think that to be completely against the spirit of the game. I for one intend to help Sparta as much as I can.
                Play hangman.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome!

Although it does seem strange to say that when you're just welcomed in your own house by those who stole it from you. But maybe I'm seeing the things wrong because my head is still hurting (and I can't remember at all why it hurts).

Well, we were in the progress of starting to build a defense against a possible Spartan invasion, but I estimate it would have been 4 or 5 turns before something worth noting was up. Before that, we were mostly concerned with the Hive, and as you probably saw, we had nothing worth of the name "defense". Although I guess the biggest problem was our lack of scouting... I am assuming your transports didn't get to our westcoast in 1 turn?
                  no sig

Comment

Originally posted by PJayTycy
                    Thanks for the welcome!

Although it does seem strange to say that when you're just welcomed in your own house by those who stole it from you.
                    Well, I hope you can continue to have fun in the Spartan team instead I can't imagine how it would feel to spend so much time pain-stakingly building up an empire, only to see it fall in a single turn. On the other hand, taking an entire empire in a single turn was pretty cool And indeed, the game is not over for you, at least not those who join the Spartan team!

I guess the biggest problem was our lack of scouting... I am assuming your transports didn't get to our westcoast in 1 turn?
                    Well, check out the various threads, we were quite careful not to leave out any units for you to easily detect. The units on the west coast were dropped in through sophisticated maneuvres from University bases. We took care not to leave those units in range of any Uni bases so that you could not detect them, we kept them on a transport just outside Gagarin Memorial. The other units all hid in the fungus as I recall (and usually defended by fighters).

So you would have needed quite a sizable scouting effort to have detected us!

Comment

Originally posted by Snoddasmannen
                      Well, I hope you can continue to have fun in the Spartan team instead I can't imagine how it would feel to spend so much time pain-stakingly building up an empire, only to see it fall in a single turn. On the other hand, taking an entire empire in a single turn was pretty cool And indeed, the game is not over for you, at least not those who join the Spartan team!
                      To be honest, there's quite a masochistic pleasure to be had in seeing a well organised attack being so devastatingly effective. Hopefully lots of people learnt lots about MP warfare, which can only be a good thing.
                      Play hangman.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome!

About four weeks ago, I have founded the Spartan Stock Exchange to replace the (twice) destroyed M.I.S.E. at Morgan Industries / Money Valley. It will hopefully spur the economic expansion of our new industrial conglomerate (which somehow seems to concentrate on military branches)...

If our analysis is correct, the index will reach the first doubling within a mere five years.

Be sure to buy the latest MichaSoft software, they work best with ScorpiCorp Computers available in all WhohaMart malls. Your local PJay´s will happily provide you with the best fast food on planet, while you watch top quality programs by MichaSystemsIntegrated (which has taken over VanderEntertainment and ParamirInc to offer everything you could sell as entertainment ).
                        Good news for you soldiers, too: ChaunkCurryCo has sealed a contract with the Spartan military and will now supply the food rations. Say goodbye to dry bread and water! From this day on, Spartan warriors will feed on delicious rice dishes, fresh vegetables, tender meat and various refreshing beverages!

As you can see, the merging of the Morgan Industries Corporation with the Spartan industrial-military complex has advantages for both sides! Onwards to wealth, glory, prosperity and victory! For a better future!
                        Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                        Let me eat your yummy brain!
                        "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

I think you should be told that Sparta is not running Free Market. You have to talk to the right people first, then go about selling your goods.
                          Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

As that last turn is getting replayed (with the self-destruct of Weapon Arm) any chance this time of getting control of those Morgan formers and crawlers passed over to Sparta before the destruct command is executed?

Comment

I've started a poll in the Morgan forum about that Googlie.
                              no sig

Comment

Working...
                              X