MY 2200 - Planning & Execution thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY 2200 - Planning & Execution thread

We should start negotiations now to see which base they want us to leave them with to self destruct

Also - invite thier players to join our faction, if they wish?

(Monday from noon onwards I'll be without internet access until Friday evening - I'm heading back to vancouver on some business, but won't pay to get the cable internet restored - I might be able to find a cafe hotspot or two to logon, but don't count on it. So y'all should plan on my not being available to play the 2200 turn or even discuss it)

Re: MY 2200 - Planning & Execution thread

Originally posted by Googlie
    We should start negotiations now to see which base they want us to leave them with to self destruct
    Is that not ours to decide?
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

This is true - I was just trying to suggest we "play nice" ( )

What do we make of the Gaians comment on thier turnpost thread?

Can we assume that we are under attack on our southern perimeter?

Comment

From BinTravkin in reply to the suggestion that we treat the current state of affairs as peaceful relations.

RE: ACDG: Activities in Terrapeso

Dear Spartans,

we are in agreement.

best regards,
        Lord binTravkin

Comment

What do we make of the Gaians comment on thier turnpost thread?

Can we assume that we are under attack on our southern perimeter?
          That is quite possible. I don't trust the PM from binTravkin one bit, just as little as he trusts mine, I'm sure. The Gaians can suspect that we are over-extended and vulnerable, this is a perfect time to take pot-shots at us.

But I doubt that we are facing a major invasion, at most we are up against a few rogue noodles and maybe a paratrooper. Threenuts is in danger, for sure.

Comment

Turn is up!
            Looks like the Morgans have not found any effecient counterattack (surprise!).

One of their noodles took out a Kaaj Kaos, but then their chaos chopper bit the dust against the GeneralTacticus! The Gaians haven't pulled any stunts either.

Also, the Morgans haven't upgraded any defenders, or even started building weapons.

I'm sorry to say that it looks like they've given up

Comment

I suggest we call for another high level summit with the Morgans. See how they want to do this. We can certainly spare a few bases for them if they want to continue to play. We can also offer them membership in Sparta, I guess. Or should we just crush them?

Comment

Well - Chaunk's post in the Golden Dawn thread seems conciliatory enough - almost as though they'd welcome assimilation into the Spartan Federation

EDIT: typos corrected
                Last edited by Googlie; December 12, 2005, 21:39.

Comment

(Monday from noon onwards I'll be without internet access until Friday evening)
                  Reprieve for 24 hours (flight was cancelled, so am flying back tomorrow instead of today!!)
                  Last edited by Googlie; December 12, 2005, 21:31.

Comment

Why don't we just capture all their remaining bases but Weapons Arm, and then ask them next turn to obliterate it and thus leave the game

Allowing them to continue with a rump faction (or even to enslave them and gift them bask a handful of bases does nothing for us for 19 turns --- sunspots --- 'cos we can't get techs or credits from them except from probe actions, and they can't get any from us (for leapfrogs) 'cos of our HSA

So I think we should just take them out of the game and be done with them (invite them to join our faction and participate in the role-playing, maybe, if they want (and if we want)

edited for typos
                    Last edited by Googlie; December 12, 2005, 21:41.

Comment

I went ahead and captured the remaining Morganite bases easily. I've left Morgan Weapon Arm alone for the meantime just in case we want to leave them with it, even though we could easily take it as well this turn.

I vote for just taking Morgan Weapon Arm and getting it over with.
                      Attached Files
                      Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

No - the game crashes then

In PBEMs you need to have them self-destruct (obliterate) their last base - then next time that the Angels "endturn" it'll prompt them for us instead of Morgan

If we take the base, the game crashes at that point

edit: actually, we get the "interrogate Morgan" screen, then the game boots us out - repeats ad inf if we reload, or even if we save immediately prior to destroying the last defender - Morgan have to do it themselves
                        Last edited by Googlie; December 13, 2005, 00:03.

Comment

Suggested post to the Embassy (with a few e-mails telling them it's there)

Terms of Surrender

We have captured five of your remaining 6 bases, leaving you with Weapon Arm and defenders there.

Under the terms of PBEMs we require that you obliterate this last remaining base next turn.

All Morgan team members are welcome to join with us and participate in our future endeavours to bring stability and unification to Chiron - just post in the embassy if you wish to be invited to join with us

The Junta

Comment

Terms of surrender sound good.
                            Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

Posted in the Embassy and e-mailed to Chaunk

Comment

Working...
                              X