Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY 2193 Planning & Execution Thread

I had a look at the endturn and made some notes for next year:
    • As we get Fusion Power next turn, we can change all our thinkers to engineers. Except perhaps Arcadia University
    • ARC will waste four minerals if we don't act. To put this situation to good use, how about the following crawler moves:
      Crawler (86.54) moves three tiles south to N of HW and harvests some nutrients. The turns after the crawler can rehome to Hero's Waypoint and harvest nuts on that bonus tile south of ARC. That way the base can popboom longer.
      Then some further shuffling to fill up the emptied mines:
      (85.51) to (86.54)
      (79.51) to (85.51)
      (75.53) to (79.51) - 75.53 can be used to popboom B112 further.
    • The same problem with Fort Buster btw. Its mineral output will have to be reduced to 17 to prevent waste
    • It wasn't necessary to move FS off working the borehole. Remember there is ten minerals carryover
    • Gythium Harbour will riot next turn. I had changed a doctor to a thinker to prevent this, but it has been changed back to a thinker. While riots prevent mineral production, energy production continues, so I suggest we change three forest workers and two condenser farmers to engineers. That'll reduce the mineral output to zero.
    Last edited by Googlie; October 22, 2005, 12:45.
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Rats - edited Maniac's post instead of quoting it!! (reset his original, but it now says "edited by Googlie") - minus the "Reminder" section, I see

Originally posted by Manaic
    • As we get Fusion Power next turn, we can change all our thinkers to engineers. Except perhaps Arcadia University.

• ARC will waste four minerals if we don't act. To put this situation to good use, how about the following crawler moves:
      Crawler (86.54) moves three tiles south to N of HW and harvests some nutrients. The turns after the crawler can rehome to Hero's Waypoint and harvest nuts on that bonus tile south of ARC. That way the base can popboom longer.
      Then some further shuffling to fill up the emptied mines:
      (85.51) to (86.54)
      (79.51) to (85.51)
      (75.53) to (79.51) - 75.53 can be used to popboom B112 further.
    • The same problem with Fort Buster btw. Its mineral output will have to be reduced to 17 to prevent waste.
    to all

• It wasn't necessary to move FS off working the borehole. Remember there is ten minerals carryover.
    I have it with exactly ten extra minerals with the borehole worker taken off - 16 with him still there

• Gythium Harbour will riot next turn. I had changed a doctor to a thinker to prevent this, but it has been changed back to a thinker. While riots prevent mineral production, energy production continues, so I suggest we change three forest workers and two condenser farmers to engineers. That'll reduce the mineral output to zero.
    Rats - I meant to set the sliders to 50/10/40 for 1 turn, to get the psych boost - 320 lab points instead of 360 but still Fusion next turn. The psych boost would have helped us in about 5 bases (either directly, or by enabling doctors to become thinkers)
    Last edited by Googlie; October 22, 2005, 12:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
      I have it with exactly ten extra minerals with the borehole worker taken off - 16 with him still there
      In the endturn you posted Fort Soup has accumulated 97 of the necessary 120 minerals to launch a sky hydroponics satellite. And FS is producing 23 minerals, so just enough to finish the satellite.

Comment

Turn's up - Maniac, I'll leave you to play the turn unless you indiocate otherwise

And you are right - at FS, minerals used exactly, with no carryover. I wonder where I got my math results from??? If I'd have left as is (or even half), we'd be able to get a new crawler there in 1 turn

And GH has its drone (but as we are going to cash in that BB-8 for an instabuild, the lack of minerals this turn while hurting, isn't penal)

Morgan has accepted our Treaty offer.

We have discovered Fusion power

New tech choices are:Bio-adaptive Resonance, Centauri Meditation or Retroviral Engineering. My recommendation would be Retroviral (other 2 lead down paths we're not really interested in right now

Comment

Sliders: currently at 50/0/50 we are producing 126 energy and a tech every 8 turns.

At 50/10/40 we'd run at 126 energy and a tech every 8 turns

Please, can we change, for the psych boost (eg, in Tegea Harbour it'd let us convert those 2 doctors to thinkers for an impressive labs boost)

Some build suggestions:
          • Arcadia University: rush the thermocline there, upgrade a nearby crawler and next turn instabuild a Fusion lab (also we might want to reassign a forest worker to the just completed kelp tidal harness - we gain4 labpoints (but lose 2 minerals)
          • Fort Superiority: upgrade a nearby crawler to 70 (or 80) minerals worth, and prep for MM'ing a Fusion lab there. (Note that AU - at 148 current labpoints - and FS at 54, are the only 2 bases producing more than 15 labs per turn)
          • Gythium Harbour: needs to move a worker off the northernmost 4/1/0 condensor farm to the nearby 3/1/0 uncondensed farm, to allow for .....
          • Santiago Citadel: assign one of its crawlers to work the vacated 4 nut condensor farm
          • Ironholm - could prolly use another Civic Guard (allowing growth to size 6 - right now it can go to 5 with its 2 cdf's and the synthsentinel)
          • Messena: needs to upgrade that in-base crawler and MM a Tree farm (would solve its food problem overnight, giving it a 5-nut surplus)
          • Vladivostok, Fort Buster, Tegea harbour: MM holotheaters there (cheapest way to quell 2 drones per base, altho expensive in upkeep)

Comment

Suggestions look good to me

I have to go to Norway for a conference the rest of the week, so I won't be able to participate in the turn. I do urge us to rapidly prepare an attack on the Angels though. We need to exploit our fusion weapons while they are ours alone

Have a nice time!

Comment

Turn's up - Maniac, I'll leave you to play the turn unless you indiocate otherwise
              Okay - I'll leave you to play Civ4 some more.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac

I'll leave you to play Civ4 some more.
                LOL - I haven't got it yet - it arrives in the stores here at noon today

Real reason, though, is that I'm way behind on my CMN duties - i agreed to be the principal CMN'er at Civgaming, to spell binTravkin off, but I got sidetracked by a whole bunch of irrelevant stuff (eg upgraded my laptop to winXP and now half my programs won't run, including my wireless card - troubleshooting takes so much time esp when I've no idea what I'm doing half the time!!)

Plus, it's hard not to go golfing in this mild 25 degree weather (usually when I first arrive in Palm Springs it's almost too hot to golf at 35 degrees, but this year it's much more conducive to being outdoors in the sun)

So there you have it in a nutshell - the problems we retirees have (Shall I go golfing or play SMAX?)

G.

Comment

So there you have it in a nutshell - the problems we retirees have (Shall I go golfing or play SMAX?)

In any case, I already had a look at the turn.

At 50/10/40 we'd run at 126 energy and a tech every 8 turns

Please, can we change, for the psych boost (eg, in Tegea Harbour it'd let us convert those 2 doctors to thinkers for an impressive labs boost)
                  What other benefits does a psych boost bring? The labs gain by getting two extra thinkers is much less than the loss of 10% energy away from labs. And in fact we could only switch one doctor to a thinker while still assuring a riotless popboom. So I don't understand the benefits of a psych boost.

Some build suggestions:

Arcadia University: rush the thermocline there, upgrade a nearby crawler and next turn instabuild a Fusion lab (also we might want to reassign a forest worker to the just completed kelp tidal harness - we gain4 labpoints (but lose 2 minerals)

Fort Superiority: upgrade a nearby crawler to 70 (or 80) minerals worth, and prep for MM'ing a Fusion lab there. (Note that AU - at 148 current labpoints - and FS at 54, are the only 2 bases producing more than 15 labs per turn)
                  Sounds like a plan.

Ironholm - could prolly use another Civic Guard (allowing growth to size 6 - right now it can go to 5 with its 2 cdf's and the synthsentinel)

Messena: needs to upgrade that in-base crawler and MM a Tree farm (would solve its food problem overnight, giving it a 5-nut surplus)

Vladivostok, Fort Buster, Tegea harbour: MM holotheaters there (cheapest way to quell 2 drones per base, altho expensive in upkeep)
                  Cheaper ways could be to place a crawler on a condenser and use those extra nuts to employ two engineers. Or hydroponics labs would also give those nuts, to all bases.

I did a couple things already.
                  [list][*]The Gaians have already researched Orbital Spaceflight. That's quick. [*]Now researching Retroviral Engineering.[*]Forest expansion near Messena and Fort Sol.[*]Added a few neat and cost-effective unit designs in the unit workshop. More ideas are welcome![*]Did the base management of the Arcadian bases (build orders ok?). Even for Arcadia University it's better to have all engineers btw. Per thinker that is switched we lose 4.8 labs (counting in the +20% research bonus) but gain 6 credits. FS & TH still have some thinkers for the psych boost, so they can popboom without riots.

To do
                  • A noodle needs to be flown into B112 to prevent riots due to the popboom.
                  • Place the new Tegean crawler on the empty condenser, to allow popbooming?
                  • How about building bioenhancement centers (and later perhaps aerospace complexes) in Fort Liberty and Arcadia Regional Command? With all our units having become so cheap, I'm itching to build up our elite military. Even if we want to continue civil production, ie crawlers, formers, colony pods..., building bioenhancement centers in our most productive bases is a good idea. Because being elite, all our units built there will gain an extra movement point, which is especially useful for our formers, but also makes crawler placement more flexible and easier etc.

I have to go to lessons now btw. Will check in again in some 90 minutes, but after that I'm offline until tomorrow though. I could do former, crawlers etc orders tonight, and check tomorrow what military suggestions or build orders have been done?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Edited out (turnplay moves by Googlie while Maniac was executing the official turnplay)
                    Last edited by Googlie; October 26, 2005, 12:56.

Comment

Woops. The lesson was cancelled, so I player further a little myself.

MT’s 2 crawlers were inactive, so put them to work the min special tile and the mine they were on – moved a worker to the 2/1/0 tile northeast of the base
                      I cancelled their orders to move them to empty mines in a later playsession.

In my midturn I simply did some base management in Laconia. Here are the notes I made:
                      • Played around with the Laconian bases as well. To bring back in memory, GH support a bunch of engineers this turn as mineral production is ceased during riots. Also remember that the nutrient deficit doesn't matter since GH still has a couple nuts in reserve, so can't starve.

To do
                      • Place a SC2 crawler on a condenser farm.

Ongoing plans
                      • Crawler-hurry a creche in MT next turn. (suggested by Googlie a while back IIRC)
                      Attached Files

Comment

I played the turn further, but forgot to put the midturn save and my notes on my diskette.

No comments though, so I guess I'll finish the turn and post here back in a couple hours.

Comment

The endsave (at least as far as I'm concerned - I won't be online anymore after this). Have a look if you want to see anything changed. If not just press End Turn and someone please post the save in the turn tracking thread.
                          • SCC Iaci and Vladimorei sails to port for repairs. (Edit: Urgh, I forgot the fungus would slow the Vladimorei down.)
                          • KH scout rover in Southern Arcadia repaired.
                          • A spore launcher was stirred up near IB. Unfortunately it happened with the rover's last 1/3 of a movement point, so attacking it doesn't seem an option this turn.
                          • No worm hunting success in Northern Arcadia or Laconia.
                          • Rolling Thunder II returns to 2NS for repairs.
                          • No IoD hunting success, except for SCC Invincible who flamed an IoD for 30c!
                          • Don't know if there are any plans for the Disco Volante - just sent it back to general Morganic direction.
                          • I can't see those missile marines doing much useful around IB, so sent them south. The same with the trannie that originally brought them there.
                          • The B-4 stationed in Gagarin Memorial spotted the Uni transport moving to Angel territory.
                          • Crawlers from FL & AG placed on more productive tiles.
                          • Shuffled a couple crawlers to prevent mineral waste in Fort Buster.
                          • Executed the crawler shuffle around ARC as described previously in this thread.
                          • Preparations for Fusion Labs in AU & FS made.
                          • Mine started near FL.
                          • Another kelp farm started near AU.
                          • New formers join the borehole construction project near GH.
                          • Tomcat-FB4 or something helps construct the condenser near FB.
                          • I don't know what those formers are doing in SC3. One I sent SW to start on a forest, the others started on a condenser on the nut bonus.
                          • Tomcat-VV2 starts on a condenser.

To do
                          • Reduce the support costs of our bioenhancement centers FS & OA.
                          • Hurry DF & AU production.

Some wild ideas
                          • Now that the Gaians have orbital spaceflight, should we perhaps propose a planetary council motion to forbid the construction and possession of planet busters? (Better not to use the phrase "weapons of mass destruction" as nerve gas might fall under that, which we might want to use later on.) If we want to keep the option to crawler-hurry, we won't build any planet busters anyway. And even though I consider it unlikely the other factions would agree to this proposal, perhaps it might create some fun roleplay. If at least the other factions are interested in this.
                          • It just dawned to me that at their current growth rate the Gaians will soon surpass the Hive as the second most populous faction. If that happens, they could launch planetary governor elections and win with the support of the Angels and Morganites! Gaining infiltration on us! To prevent this happening, how about a pre-emptive governor election while the Hive is still larger? Yang will probably win instead of us, but that's better than the Gaians as governor.
                          Attached Files

Comment

The endsave (at least as far as I'm concerned - I won't be online anymore after this). Have a look if you want to see anything changed. If not just press End Turn and someone please post the save in the turn tracking thread.
                            I can do that

One additional tweak - rushed the biocenter at FH for 10 mins (with the conversion to engineers, base wasn't producing minerals, so center wouldn't complete otherwise)

Comment

Some wild ideas
                              • Now that the Gaians have orbital spaceflight, should we perhaps propose a planetary council motion to forbid the construction and possession of planet busters? (Better not to use the phrase "weapons of mass destruction" as nerve gas might fall under that, which we might want to use later on.) If we want to keep the option to crawler-hurry, we won't build any planet busters anyway. And even though I consider it unlikely the other factions would agree to this proposal, perhaps it might create some fun roleplay. If at least the other factions are interested in this.
                              I think this is a great idea. Maybe Snodassmannen can get it going when next he's in the loop.

"Now that two factions have the orbital spaceflight ability ...." (It might even make the Gaians believe that we have full infiltration on them)

• It just dawned to me that at their current growth rate the Gaians will soon surpass the Hive as the second most populous faction. If that happens, they could launch planetary governor elections and win with the support of the Angels and Morganites! Gaining infiltration on us! To prevent this happening, how about a pre-emptive governor election while the Hive is still larger? Yang will probably win instead of us, but that's better than the Gaians as governor.
                              True - and a good point.

Any chance that yang might vote for us in the event of a Gaian - Spartan election run-off (and if so, would we, they and the Uni be enough to beat the Gaians, Morgan and the Angels?)

If not, then let's call elections next turn and ensure that Yang is Governor for the next 20 years

Comment

Working...
                              X