Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY 2192 Planning & Execution Thread

Reminders:
    • Never ever put anything else than stockpile energy in the queue.
    • To have a maximal chance of finding worms, move the scout rover in Southern Arcadia constantly between (0.58) and (1.59).
    • To have a maximal chance of finding worms, move Rolling Thunder II constantly between (62.32) and (63.31).
    • To have a maximal chance of finding worms in Northern Arcadia, move the hoplites as often as possible over (86.14) by making use of the rivers. Of course make sure that no other unit is on (86.14) while moving towards it.
    • To have a maximal chance of finding worms in Northern Arcadia, the rover needs to move constantly between (83.33) & (84.32).

A couple suggestions and questions based on the endturn save:
    • I see the farmer in Ironholm has been placed back on the forest. As a consequence growth IH has had one nut too little to fill the nutrient tanks, and growth has been delayed a turn. IH will only need one surplus nut now to fill its nutrient tanks. Therefore I'd suggest to place a forester once again on the farm, and relocate that crawler on the condenser farm to an empty forest for minerals.
    • To let Fort Buster popboom one extra pop, how about letting an FB crawler harvest that farm to FB's NE instead? That should give a 3-nut surplus. Then it would be possible to change a forester to a thinker, and thus prevent riots while still having a 2-nut surplus.
    • Should we rehome some units away from our bioenhancement center bases (FS, OA & FB) to increase the available mineral production there? Also, should we reduce FB's mineral production, or don't we care about the ecological damage?
    • Are there any bases where we want aerospace complexes or bioenhancement centers to prepare for an invasion? Might be useful to plan ahead, so we can upgrade some select crawlers.
    • Shall we let a crawler work the new mine SE of SC1 next turn?
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

I'm putting the Economic Statistics for MY 2191 in this 2192 thread, considering the 2191 thread isn't likely to get much more attention.

Economic Statistics for MY 2191:

Minerals per turn:

Spartans: 289
    Zakharov: 21
    Morgan: 216
    Data Angels: 61
    Yang: 229

Industry rating (minerals per row):

Spartans: 10
    Zakharov: 6
    Morgan: 9
    Data Angels: 9
    Yang: 5

Mineral rows per turn:

Spartans: 28.9
    Zakharov: 3.5
    Morgan: 24
    Data Angels: 6.8
    Yang: 45.8

Energy Credits per turn:

Spartans: 60
    Zakharov: 9
    Morgan: 225
    Data Angels: 16
    Yang: -4

Labs per turn:

Spartans: 385.2
    Zakharov: 58.8
    Morgan: 185
    Data Angels: 25.2
    Yang: 108
    Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

No response in the Embassy to our techtrade initiative.

We'd best get ready for a war on all fronts after we filch Bio-Engineering (I'm assuming that again the Gaians' AI will declare Vendetta on us like it did with the A's)

Comment

The turn is up, nothing special has happened. We can steal Bio-Eng from Morgan today, but we need perhaps to be clear that it is in line with our grand scheme... We need one of those too btw I am always in favour of stealing Bio-Eng though, we can get fusion next turn if we do, and it'll be 6 or 7 turns before anyone else does.

Comment

Just executed the 1 move - stole bio_eng from Morgan (didn't get an option to frame the Angels) - as per the rules, had to select the "declare vendetta" choice.

We now get Fusion Power next turn

The Gaians, of course, didn't declare vendetta (as the game mechanics actually had us selecting the "Morgan declared Vendetta on Sparta" option)

I felt really guilty, 'cos Morgan has accepted our suggestion and now is Treatied with Zak

save attached
          Edit: save deleted as superceded by a later version
          Last edited by Googlie; October 19, 2005, 01:49.

Comment

Hey - why don't we offer Morgan Applied Relativity and a Treaty pre-accepted this turn and explain that we couldn't wait for their reply on the trade 'cos we were imminently researching bio-eng ourselves.

That way (if they accept AR, they also accept the Treaty) we buy time until we can strike at our own pace

Comment

Some additional moves:
              • Flamed the 2Nuts mindworm with that adjacent rover - it took 80% damage, though
              • returned the hovering chopper to Craterwest
              • returned the B-4 to Defiance Freehold
              • returned the F-6 to Fort Sol
              • Ran the southern Arcadian rover along the river and caught and flamed a mindworm on 1:59
              • tried the same tactic with our tame mindworm there, but nothing further
              • trolled in Northern Arcadia with the 2 hoplites at 86:14 and 85:15, but nothing stirring
              • ran the central Arcadian rover up to 83:33 to patrol the fungus river there (name?) but again, nothing
              I also put some blurb in the Morgan diplo-box for review - it can always be taken out if there is no concensus for going this route

Edit: save removed as superceded by a later version
              Last edited by Googlie; October 19, 2005, 22:42.

Comment

Moving right along ...

(I'm assuming that there is no point in producing - instabuilding - any aircraft or ships this turn with clean reactors as we'll get fusion next turn and can thus produce them cheaper)

Diplomacy
                • Sold Bio-Engineering to Zak for 25 ec's

Unit Moves
                • SCC Njord (southeast of Gaian landmass) frolicks in the seafungus and disturbs an IoD, capturing it (I suggest that it, and the one east of the Geothermal Shallows, be used to transport some units to Angels territory)
                • No such luck with the Invincible (east of fellowship City)
                • Coastguard cutter northeast of Defiance Freehold uncovers an IoD and flames it
                • No luck with the GenralTacticus
                • IoD northeast of Defiance Freehold scurries (?) towards the base to load up on assault troops
                • slow trannie on Southern Arcadia's west coast hoves into sight of Bunker-112
                • coastguard cruiser in B-112 moves out to cover and encounters an IoD and flames it, getting a promo to Commando in the proccess
                • KK chopper from Kel Harbour redeploys to Hero's waypoint
                • redeploying CDF (from Argos) reaches Ironholm and takes up drone-suppression duties there
                Worker Deployment
                • Moved a worker in B-112 from the forest to the rolling rainy tile as that base can safely grow to size 4 next turn
                • At Ironholm, moved the crawler to a forest tile, and a worker to the condensor farm, and MM'd a creche there - it'll grow from 3 to 5 in the next 2 turns
                • As Maniac suggested, took RG's crawler off the farm in FB's norhteast suburbs, sending the new FB crawler there instead. Turned an FB 1-2-1 worker into a thinker, and as said, FB will grow an extra pop next turn
                • Moved ARC's worker off the mine to a 2/1/1 tile and sent the new ARC crawler to the mine. Put another crawler into production there - we should MM a creche as that base can safely grow to size 6 without facilities
                • took a Gythium Harbour worker off the 4/1/0 condensor farm and reallocated to a 2/2/1 forst tile (GH would otherwise grow next turn to size 11 next turn with a drone, and that crawler in production would never get built. We need it to MM a bioenhancement center there for future naval production
                Some decisions/discussions are needed for base builds - we have some idle crawlers - and still our airforce to be moved (and lots more worker reallocations and formers to give commands to)
                Attached Files

Comment

Maniac - feel free to look over the turn and execute moves (or make suggestions if that's easier)

and all - do we want to do any pinprick attacks on the Angels (eg take out that seaformer that's so inviting) - or just build uop for a proper invasion?

Comment

Turn looks great Googlie! What a run of IoD-hunting

Originally posted by Googlie
                    and all - do we want to do any pinprick attacks on the Angels (eg take out that seaformer that's so inviting) - or just build uop for a proper invasion?
                    Yes, take out the seaformer It could be fungusing, making our path to the Angel harbor more distant.

I felt really guilty, 'cos Morgan has accepted our suggestion and now is Treatied with Zak
                    I wouldn't really feel too guilty. We're not bad ... we're wicked We have to play our part of course, for everybodys enjoyment.

I think the Morgans will want peace again. It's not like they're in a position to attack us. But I don't think we need to give them any tech to do it. In fact, I think we can bully them around a bit. Let's make them believe that we are currently pondering who to attack next now that we will soon have fusion. With any sense, they'll not want it to be them, and so agree to a peace treaty quite readily. If I have time, I'll post a suggestion today about how such a message should look. The key word in my proposition will be choices and it will be suggestively formulated

Comment

Humble suggestion, typed up in a hurry:
                      Dear Morgan ambassadeur,

I hope all is well on the other side of the ocean. Over here in Sparta things are very complicated. So many difficult decisions to be made ... As you surely understand, we have many options at our disposal at the moment. Plenty of ways through which we can continue to work towards increasing the peace and stability of Planet. Different members of the Junta are proposing different approaches. Anyway, I will not bore you with the details involved.

On an entirely unrelated issue, we have acquired from you the technology of BioEng. Regretfully our attempts to achieve these through diplomacy in the past have failed, so there were no other options available to us, as I am sure you understand. Unfortunately, this leaves us in a formal vendetta. It is my hope that you will quickly sign a treaty with us to restore the peace. This piece of paper will make one of those difficult decisions I talked about earlier that much easier. I am certain that certain other planetary governments will be more than happy to take this commitment, and make our lives easier, should you not be willing to.

Oh well, send my regards to Mr. Moneypenny.

Signed, somebody

Comment

Yeay, things sound good.

Originally posted by Googlie [*]Moved ARC's worker off the mine to a 2/1/1 tile and sent the new ARC crawler to the mine. Put another crawler into production there - we should MM a creche as that base can safely grow to size 6 without facilities
                        If we'll only get one extra pop, I'd suggest not to build a creche yet. Five mineral rows to get only one extra pop doesn't sound very profitable IMO.

took a Gythium Harbour worker off the 4/1/0 condensor farm and reallocated to a 2/2/1 forst tile (GH would otherwise grow next turn to size 11 next turn with a drone, and that crawler in production would never get built. We need it to MM a bioenhancement center there for future naval production
                        Bioenhancement center in GH.
                        We should really make a list of other bases where we too want bioenhancement centers and aerospace complexes. Fusion Power is near - so we can start military build-ups if we want.

I'll have a look at the turn somewhere in the next few hours.
                        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Good missive, Snod!!

(maybe finish with "As well", instead of "Oh well"?)

And how do you feel about becoming the permanent Foreign Affairs Officer? Kassi seems not to have returned, and Maniac and I are alternating stages of the turnplaying (as well, I'm still trying to get time to look for covert ops info and opportunities). Zeiter is our Economics major-domo, while vishniac is in charge of infrastructure and Modo44 runs the navy (which these last few turns has been IoD hunting)

wuy3, I forget - is the AirForce your responsibility? If not, do you want to take responsibility?

We're getting complex enough that turnplaying takes a couple of hours now, so splitting the load would be good (and it's not so much actually moving the units, it's thinking about what to do with them)

So "responsibility" could range from just delineating strategy, leaving tactics to the turnplayer, all the way to actually getting a midturn save and being the 'turnplayer" for the airforce. Battles might need to be co-ordinated more closely, where air cover is necessary, or an enemy unit needs taken out, but I think we've found that the turnplay chats in real time work best where there are major military happenings

Same with the navy, although the number of units - and their dispersion - isn't quite so large

Thoughts everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                            re: ARC: If we'll only get one extra pop, I'd suggest not to build a creche yet. Five mineral rows to get only one extra pop doesn't sound very profitable IMO.
                            Good point - and as it's a 19 mineral base, MM'ing an aerospace would be better use of a couple of crawlers

And talking of aircraft - do we need to disperse some of that stack in Defiance Freehold?
                            Attached Files

Comment

I'm out for the next 3 hours or so - and the turn is due in 4.

If anyone - Maniac esp - can finish and post, great, otherwise I'll have a look on my return and see if anything needs done before posting

(Don't forget to empty the Morgan diplobox - just enter * 3 times to clear the text messages - as we'll go with Snod's suggestion)

Comment

Working...
                              X