No announcement yet.

MY 2192 Planning & Execution Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot the txt file containing the turnplay notes.
    Mainly I did some worker and crawler rearranging.

Two suggestions:

Instead of waiting for GH to finish its current crawler production before building a bioenh center, how about starting right away? We could upgrade the crawler west of SC2 to a Builder Bob Mk8 and cash the crawler in at GH next turn.

Also, how about upgrading the crawler currently in FS to a Bob Mk9 and immediately use it to hurry a sky hydroponics labs?
    Attached Files
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I'm afraid I can't play further either. No internet access, and I have to go somewhere in an hour anyway.
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
        Instead of waiting for GH to finish its current crawler production before building a bioenh center, how about starting right away? We could upgrade the crawler west of SC2 to a Builder Bob Mk8 and cash the crawler in at GH next turn.
        So put a conventional missile on production there - next turn send the BB8 to finish it and change to a biocenter would do it.

And meanwhile the Rio Grande inactive crawler can this turn relocate to SanCit and rehome there, to take the place of the upgraded one next turn

Also, how about upgrading the crawler currently in FS to a Bob Mk9 and immediately use it to hurry a sky hydroponics labs?

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
          I'm afraid I can't play further either. No internet access, and I have to go somewhere in an hour anyway.
          No Prob - I'll postpone my outing till this afternoon and can finish the turn now before I go out

Comment

Further moves:
            • Production at GH set to a Missile (Shrike)
            • Nearby crawler upgraded to a BB-8
            • RG's idle crawler sent to SanCit and rehomed there
            • Upgraded FS's crawler and instabuilt a Hydrosat there - put another crawler into production (completes next turn)
            • set the 2 idle formers in our research quad to assisting the 3rd in minebuilding at 81:15
            • moved Vlad's idle former 1 southwest to assist in foresting
            • 2 Hoplites at Mt Taygetus rummaged further in the fungus, nothing stirring
            • Mindworm on the Uni border ran down the fungus field, but again, nothing stirring
            • Took FL's worker off the 4/1/1 tile and moved its new crawler there to harvest the nuts - AARGH - realized that it can't grow any more without a habcomplex, so took it off nuts and onto a single mineral (thus allowing completion of another crawler next turn)
            • didn't know what to do with the Mercury class transport in Zak's port, so left it there
            • Moved ARC's 3 formers to the min special northwest of the base and set 2 to minebuilding and 1 to roadbuilding
            • Realloctaed Ass Red's two 1/2/1 workers from the forests to the fields (one at 2/1/3 and t'other at 2/0/3) to get that 3rd citizen in 4 turns instead of 10. Mins dropped to zero (from 3) but it wasn't going to produce anything worthwhile in the short term anyway
            • rushed the former at Craterwest for 9 credits
            • Rushed the crawler at Tegea for 6 credits
            • Moved SanCits 4-nut crawler to a 2-min forest tile, and rushed the crawler in production for 6 credits
            • Moved Sparta Command's 2 idle formers southwest to finish the farm there. Reassigned all 3 formers to constructing a condensor there (5 turns)
            • Moved an SC1 worker from a forest tile to the existing condensor farm tile - that will foment pop growth to 5 next turn and 6 the turn after (with the new hydrosat) - it has 3 police units, so changed production from a clean policeman to a crawler
            • we overpaid for FS's hydrosat, so took a worker off a borehole and converted to thinker (no loss of energy) and reassigned Argos' crawler to the borehole for a short-term minerals boost. Put a Civil Guard in production there (1 turn)
            • sent the 3 idle formers that had been farmbuilding northeast of FB into Craterwest en-route to building an airstrip at 47:17
            Aircraft redeployments:
            • Sortied the B-4 from MT to see if Yang is up to no good (found nothing)
            • sent a B-6 from Def Free to Heros' Waypoint
            • sortied the B-6 from Fort Sol to the infamous monolith to see if the Angels had dropped another probe there - nothing
            • sent two B-4's from Def Free to Fort Sol
            • sortied a B-6 from Def Free out east, but nothing hiding in the waters there
            • sent an F-8 from Def Free to Hero's Waypoint
            • left all other aircraft as is
            All units have moved, and all build orders either have the facility/unit that Maniac put in, or a crawler as default

Took out the Applied Relativity offer, and the blurb in the Morgan diplobox, and simply offerred a Treaty
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Googlie; October 20, 2005, 13:35.

Comment

Gaians' turn posted

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
                Good missive, Snod!!

(maybe finish with "As well", instead of "Oh well"?)
                Yeah I wasn't quite happy with that ending either. I'm sure I can come up with a better one.

And how do you feel about becoming the permanent Foreign Affairs Officer?
                Sure, that would be an honor I think I will have the time. Would you like me to PM this to somebody? (Who is the Morgan diplomatic contact?) Should I announce my position in the general forum?

Comment

A different question, if we prototype conventional missiles, won't we lose the ability to MM with planet busters?

Comment

I generally send directly to AndiD at Morgan, and, yes, I'd suggest that you "present your credentials" in the general forum as well as in the Embassy

And re the Shrike missile - we're not going to ptrototype it - next turn we'll cash in the crawler then retire the design and transfer the accumulated stockpile energy to a biocenter build - only a handful of credits would then be necessary (if any). That way - assuming we don't want missiles - we can go ahead and prototype better weapons and armour while keeping the missile chassis for MM'ing (at least until the gravship chassis becomes available

Comment

Sent PM:s to AndiD and Mead. Not sure why I sent to Mead though, but there's nothing wrong with a little faux pas every now and then

Comment

Working...
                      X