Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY-2185 - Planning & Execution thread

To: The Junta

Last turn (2184) is likely the last one for a month where I can execute any unit movement orders.

I leave on Aug 28th for a month's vacation in the UK hinterlands and while I will have my laptop with me, internet access will be thru any internet cafe's I find in the Scottish villages I'll be passing thru.

So with the 48 hour turnplay window, plan on my not being a guaranteed contributor during that time, and until Sept 28th, someone else should be troop-mover

I'll still be able to contribute, as during the 6 days of "other faction moves" I can look at the turns, and data, and make comments, etc etc

Colonel Googlie (heading off for a stint in the regeneration tanks)

WOW! That sure would be super holidays!
    If you can post a mega-review with details, I'll sure be grateful.

Back to MY 2185:
    Where are we sending the crawlers sailing to Arcadia?
    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

To Arcadia University I'd say. The crawler on the eastern tip outside Vladivostok can also jump on the ferry before it sails off.

Btw, I suggest flying next to Mart Pact with a needlejet next turn so we can see the base defenses. IIRC we should have enough movement points left to fly outside Angel range again.
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Before you play the turn, a WARNING!

Chairman Yang calls and asks us to join his fight against Morgan.
        Saying "No, the Morganites are our friends (yeah, right! ), he then asked us 160 credits because blah blah contravention etc.
        Upon receiving the answer, "So sue me!", he declares vendetta on us.

So, before opening the turn, be ready to know what we want from this.
        - join him? (that was one of some's goals here)
        - Try offering 70 credits only.
        - Be happy with vendetta and let's go capture a few juicy bases?

I don't have an opinion at this time which course of action would be better.
        From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

I won't be much disponible this week-end. A quick glance tomorrow morning and another tomorrow evening.

So, the usual overview from the Ministry of Infrastructure:
          -- forests expanded around Vladivostok, Iaci Base and B-112.
          -- Council votes: 136 (wow! +6 in one turn!)

-- AU: MM Hospital? (yes!). A former is ready, I propose to forest the farm tile 80,14. Seaformer is ready, I propose another tidal harness besides. (We'll eventually end with 4 of them, then build a thermocline thing since energy, not minerals are most needed in AU)
          -- Argos/Ironholm/Fort Liberty are building crawlers. Hurry some?
          -- Fort Sup: crawler or bio-enhancement center (to add to the aerospace complex). 2 formers are ready, I propose defungussing the rocky tile (a future borehole perhaps?)
          -- TH: 2 formers ready, mine the rocky tile? A worker can be relocated from condenser to forest without hampering popboom.

-- GH: the former can forest the rainy tile east. Do we MM a Tree Farm yet?
          -- Vladivostok and Messena in dire need of worker relocations.
          -- With the Hive threatening, we need a bio-center somewhere (Rio Grande? Fort Buster? Santiago Citadel) for land units.

A transition turn, it seems. We need to determine our course of action for the future:
          -- buy peace with Yang and sue Angels?
          -- vendetta with Yang?
          -- vendetta with Morgan and Gaians?
          -- avoid conflicts since we're growing faster than the others?

Comment

I say we let the Hive declare V on us.
            • We have all those forces milling around getting soft & sassy, so it'll give them something to do
            • We need to extract Superstring Theory from him - it's one fewer tech we'll be offered next change as we pray for PSA
            • It'll bolster our position as "wanting peace with the others while we deal with the Chiarman threat"

But:

He has a veritable air armada now, which I don't see him as having used much against morgan - and we have precious little by way of interceptors to deal with it, so we might suffer an early setback or two (he'll attack our crawler fleet, if he follows the usual AI tactic)

Comment

Originally posted by vishniac
              I won't be much disponible this week-end. A quick glance tomorrow morning and another tomorrow evening.
              And I have an exam in two days.

-- Council votes: 136 (wow! +6 in one turn!)
              We had +11 a while back.

Seaformer is ready, I propose another tidal harness besides. (We'll eventually end with 4 of them, then build a thermocline thing since energy, not minerals are most needed in AU)
              How will those tidal harnessed be harvested? With workers or sea trawlers. If with workers, shouldn't we cultivate kelp farm too?

-- GH: the former can forest the rainy tile east. Do we MM a Tree Farm yet?
              There's a crawler east to the base for that. We'd need a hab complex too for extra growth though.

-- Vladivostok and Messena in dire need of worker relocations.
              That was done on purpose because they haven't got enough terraformation yet.

-- With the Hive threatening, we need a bio-center somewhere (Rio Grande? Fort Buster? Santiago Citadel) for land units.
              A crawler was upgraded for a center in Fort Buster this turn. One in Olympus Academy would be great as well of course, as that base also has an aerospace complex. (So it can build both land and air units depending on our need)

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac

AU :How will those tidal harnessed be harvested? With workers or sea trawlers. If with workers, shouldn't we cultivate kelp farm too?
                No need to waste former time: a Forest is to be built after the Hospital and it'll enable us to work those tiles with workers, thus leaving some forest and mines to neighboring cities.
                Eventually, I hope to see kelp spread naturally.
                Sea crawlers will be used for future harnesses out city range though.

As for extracting Superstring Theory, there is the Disco Volante (I think) in the vicinity of Hive bases (near Morgan Construction). The sooner the better (so we'll have CE, AMA and ST when we'll cash the AA in 2187).

Spare some cash to upgrade frontier CDFs to AAA and some armor next turn!

Comment

I leave tomorrow afternoon for the flight to glasgow, but i can do a lot this afternnon

Here's what's I did first thing this morning (after reading V's warning re the diplo stance yang took):

MY-2185

Civil Affairs
                  • Fort Superiority is now fully assimilated into the Spartan culture (architecture is now Spartan instead of University)
                  Diplomacy
                  • Hive - Opened turn, and as warned, Yang called. Closed commlink, so then he declared vendetta
                  • Morgan – are asking us to tell them what techs we can offer in trade for bio-engineering
                  Unit moves:
                  • B-4 at Minas Tirith took out the Hive defender at Labourers Throng – got promo to Commando
                  • Moved the worm-hunting rover from the Rio Rojo towards LT for eventual base capture
                  • B-4 from 2Nuts Strand took out the sole base defender at Hole of Aspiration
                  • B-6 between Southern Arcadia and Heaven took a flyby of the Mart Pact base on its way home
                  • Trannie in Southern Arcadian Ocean (with 2 Impact infantrymen aboard) sails north, encounters an IoD in the fungus
                  • SCC Invincible captures the IoD (unfortunately, no mindworms aboard it
                  • Hoplite on Mt Taygetus kills the mindworm that destroyed one of the formers there
                  • loaded the Vlad crawler on the mine onto the cruiser transport and sailed the 2 crawler into AU – upgraded the “live” one to a BoB II and instabuilt the Research Hospital there (moved a librarian onto the 1/0/3 new tidal harness so base will grow to its size 16 max next turn)

I'll be off in 1/2 hour or so (golfing) but will be back in 7 hours or thereabouts
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here are the Angels defenders at Mart Pact:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Unit moves:[list][*]B-4 at Minas Tirith took out the Hive defender at Labourers Throng – got promo to Commando
                      For continued operations against the Hive, perhaps it would be good to upgrade our Impact Infantrymen sitting on our IoD (I'm sure they boarded it check it out, imagine a huge floating water mattress) to amph? To 6~ would cost 50 ec each, 4~ would be 30 ec.

Also, I am concerned about having huge army stationed in Fort Sol. More specifically the fact that it is only guarded by one probe team when the Angels have at least two drop teams standing by to attack. Also, Fort Sol seems to be starving for no good reason

I would suggest moving a worked to a farm tile and moving some guys out of there.

Comment

Too late now, but I would have went with the Vendetta on Morgan (this assumes a Pact with the Hive, does it not?). Using the Hive as a buffer, we could get some pretty decent killing done (not necessarily against Morgan...). Oh well, too late, nevermind.
                        Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Yeah - I actually just refused to take Yang's call, thinking that might buy us time, but he declared vendetta on us, so there we were. And now, being in vendetta, i thought it prudent to take out his sole defendsers in the 2 bases on our continent so that he'd be forced to change to garrison troops (he had almost completed an Aerospace Center in one!!)

Comment

Here some more moves, in somewhat haphazard order (the order is, by base and environs, rather than units, crawlers, formers, etc):

MY-2185 cont…..
                            • Disco Volante relieves Yang of his files on Superstring Theory – and gets promoted to Commando as a result
                            • SCC Iaci moves south trying to drum up IoD’s from the seafungus – nothing stirs
                            • Scout Rover in fungus in Southern Arcadia rumbles along the fungus-laden river bed, but again, nothing stirs
                            • AU’s seaformer moves 1 tile northeast and commences another tidal harness
                            • Upgraded the 2 Impact infantrymen on the trannie to missile amphimarines (100 credits)
                            • F-6 patrolling in Arcadia Ocean returns to Minas Tirith
                            • Sent Messena crawler to bring 3 nuts to base – base now stabilized at pop 9 (max without a complex) and no nut surplus (1 in box). Set production to another crawler, as there’s a 3/0/0 tile being worked that can be more efficiently crawlred
                            • rushed the former at Minas Tirith for 5 credits
                            • Used Santiago Citadel’s crawler (plus 4 credits) to prototype an F-8 at Fort Buster (Chaos Interceptor)
                            • Used Rio Grande’s new crawler, plus 14 credits, to prototype an F-8 at Rio Grande
                            • Used Ironholm’s crawler (on the mine to the south) to prototype an F-8 at Fort Superiority (costs doesn't reduce for Sparta, but after prototyping, crawlers only contribute 15 mins instead of 30, unless MM'ing - just as convenient to prototype in 3 bases simultaneously)
                            • redeployed Ironholm’s second crawler (on the mine southwest of AU) to the vacated mine (but should have simply re-allocated a worker from the forest, as that vacated mine is a 2/5/0 mine, and would have stemmed the food shortage – ah well, next turn)
                            • R-112, Steppenwolf and the Janissary moved from Fort Sol to the spit of land to its west ready to board the Southern Arcadian Transport fleet next turn, for eventual Hive theater deployment
                            • Moved the Southern Arcadian Ocean trannie fleet to that spit to receive them next turn
                            • moved the Fort Sol worker off the mine to a forested river tile, to avoid starvation. Put another Crypteia in production
                            • B-4 south of Kel Harbour (was investigating the ruins of the old PK base there, to see if the Gaians were hiding nearby) returned to Kel Harbour
                            • B-6 at Kel Harbour leaves to journey to 2 Nuts Strand, for Hive interdiction assignments
                            • rushed the crawler at Argos for 5 credits
                            • rushed the rec commons at Tegea harbour for 36 credits (will grow to size 7 next turn and only 3 police there to keep control, - the rec commons lets it grow to size 8 with no hassle)
                            Attached Files

Comment

Does everyone agree to prototype chaos guns and keep plasma armour unprototyped?

Comment

Working...
                              X