Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covert Operations - General .... MY 2175 - 2199

here's the 2179 tech situation:

We have the following technologies that the others lack (list is what the Gaians lack. The ones that Morgan lacks are marked thus (*) lacks, and (#) are the ones that the Angels lack:
    • Superconductor
    • Nonlinear Math
    • Advanced Subatomic Theory (*)(#)
    • Polysoft
    • Doc Inititiative (*) (#)
    • Intellectual Integrity (*)
    • Cyberethics (*)
    • Planetary Economics (*) (#)
    • Optical Computers
    • Progenitor Psych
    • Field Modulation
    • Adaptive Doctrine
    • Adaptive Economics
    Techs that they have that we lack are:

Angels: Advanced Military Algorithms; Mind Machine Interface

Morgan: Bio-Engineering

(Hive: Superstring Theory)

We are currently researching AMA (8 turns) as is the Uni (also 8 - we might want to slow our research for a year or two)

Both the Gaians and Morgan are researching Intellectual Integrity (11 years for Morgan - we don't know about the Gaians)

The Angels are researching Pre-Sentient Algorithms (don't know when)

The Hive is researching Centauri Empathy (9 years)

(The PK's are researching Superstring Theory - 100 years)

Well then, it looks like snagging the HSA will be well-nigh impossible, no?
    Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeiter
      Well then, it looks like snagging the HSA will be well-nigh impossible, no?
      NO!
      I say we should make everything possible to get it (counting on a little luck). We should arrive at AMA before the Angels arrive at PSA, and then we'll cash the 2 AAs. If one of them give us PSA...
      But we should be ready to instabuild it then.
      And IMO, we shouldn't rely on Zak for this one. I hope we can cut one or two turns by building the Hospital at AU and the Forest at Fort Sup.

What's more interesting is the defusing of a conspiracy theory. The fact that Gaians and Morgan are currently researching the same tech proves that there's no coordination between them (even when they're pacted!).
      The same can be said concerning Morgan and Angels, seeing that they don't share their results.
      That's good news!
      From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

Re: Covert Operations - General .... MY 2175 - 2199

Originally posted by Googlie
        Morgan: Bio-Engineering
        How about a switch? We give them PlanEcon and the right to adopt Ascetic Virtue. We get BioEng and the right to research the Longevity Vaccine.
        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Re: Re: Covert Operations - General .... MY 2175 - 2199

Originally posted by Maniac

How about a switch? We give them PlanEcon and the right to adopt Ascetic Virtue. We get BioEng and the right to research the Longevity Vaccine.
          I'd say Yes.
          It's an easy way to screw the Angels without breaking our word. Morgan doesn't seem to be a threat at the moment and -2 drones for us would be much appreciated.
          More to it, it would be another tech taken before cashing the AAs.
          I think Morgan will jump on this opportunity.

(Speaking of drones, how long does it take for a captured base to be 'assimilated', and when will our ex-University bases be?)
          From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

And when we research AMA, we can give it to Zak, and hopefully Zak will start working on something new that we won't have that he can then give us.

Yeah, go for the Morgan tech swap. :b

As far as assimilating citizens, I think it takes 50 years for citizens to be fully assimilated, no?
            Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

Posted to the Embassy:

extracted from Googlie's post in the Morgan Embassy
              To: The Corporation

Date: MY 2180

Subject: Normalization of relations between our factions; resumption of technology trading

Now that we have been at peace for several years, and given that the Federation will be pre-occupied for several more in consolidating our hold - and build-out - on Southern Arcadia, we would like to propose a normalization of relations between our factions, with 2 proposals:

Firstly - an upgrading of our status to Treaty from Truce (given the number of paired bases that each of us has, the resulting commerce income to our respective factions should be significant)

and

secondly: a technology trade of Planetary Economics from the Federation to the Corporation, in exchange for a return trade of Bio-Engineering from the Corporation to the Federation (a corollary to this latter trade would be that the Corporation could construct the Ascetic Virtues Special project, offsetting your population penalty - we have committed to our friends, the Data Angels, not to build this SP, otherwise we would have, while we, in turn, could construct the Longevity Vaccine, which is more useful to the Federation, running Planned, than to the Corporation, running Free Market.)

Is the Corporation interested in this exchange?

Colonel Googlie ..... on behalf of the Federation

Comment

The Hive is pacted with the University.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                  The Hive is pacted with the University.
                  Sweet.
                  Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Mega-cool!
                    Thus, they both will get more credits and thus take less time to research. All benefits for us!

Add to this that "the friends of our friends are our friends"...I hope!

Comment

well, yes, but we'll have to watch now what we give (tech-wise) to Zak lest it finds its way to Yang and gets pilfered by the others from the Hive

Comment

Ecostats: MY 2183

Spartans:
                        Minerals/turn - 233
                        Minrows/turn (Minrow=10) - 23.3
                        ECs/turn - 32
                        Labs/turn - 140.4

Zakharov:
                        Minerals/turn - 24
                        Minrows/turn (Minrow=6) - 4
                        ECs/turn - 13
                        Labs/turn - 74.2

Morgan:
                        Minerals/turn - 180
                        Minrows/turn (Minrow=9) - 20
                        ECs/turn - 206
                        Labs/turn - 153
                        Last edited by Zeiter; August 12, 2005, 16:18.

Comment

Great info!

Btw, our credit production is somewhat lower IIRC - I assume you forgot to set production to something else than stockpile energy

Comment

Btw, are those minerals productions before or after support costs have been deducted?

Comment

Those are all after support costs have been deducted.

Ah, I'll edit the Energy credit info to take into account the stockpile energy thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X