No announcement yet.

MY-2177 Planning & Execution Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me know if you guys get a reload message.

I had opened the turn to make the screenie of the base earlier, and hadn't saved it, so I got the message when I opened it to play those turns.

However, when saving a couple of times during the course of this playing, i don't get the warning anymore.

When I eventually post to the turnthread for the Gaians, I'll explain that it''s a second opening of the game, even if there's no apparent reload warning.

Comment

I'd say rush the rec commons at Fort Liberty.

Hmmm, still no mind worms stirred up.
      Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

No reload message.

Some strategic info not yet talked about here:
        -- Peacekeepers lost a city last turn. The one granting us access to Freshwater Sea, grrr!

-- Gaians regained control of their isthme by founding a new city where we destroyed one. New name: Razorbeak's Wood Memory.

Now, the message from the Ministry of Infrastructure.

a) Though this ministry strongly supports building facilities, I wonder whether we should build-rush Rec Commons in Fort Liberty. I'm not into micromanagement but wouldn't it be better to MM the Hybrid Forest at Fort Sup (thus, a crawler at FL) knowing it will enable it to churn out others 1/turn soon. (The 5 Superbases Doctrine. 5 at a time of course... )

b) Ergo: go with a crawler for FS until we can MM a H-Forest! (There are at FS 2 crawlers bringing nuts,thus obsolete as soon as we build the H-F)

c) Lot of cities on Stockpile Energy in Laconia. With the same reasoning, do we go with crawlers for all (or formers, badly needed).

d) What do you think of a Sea Former (normal, not fungi, thus 40 minerals) at Gythium Harbor? Good for GH and MT after. And, by the way, we can relocate a worker from 3-1-0 to 1-2-1 (forest) without stopping the popboom.

e) I propose the Former Focus: formers (those not on roads or sensors) should concentrate on farm/mine or forest, and mainly for the 5 bases currently affected by the 5 SD. (My old phobia about those 3-1-0 tiles with farms, or 4-1-0 condensors, opposed to 3-2-3 after TF + HF.....but that's just me! )
        From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

Originally posted by vishniac
          No reload message.
          That's good - I'll still post in the turnthread that it is a second opening for me, though

Some strategic info not yet talked about here:
          -- Peacekeepers lost a city last turn. The one granting us access to Freshwater Sea, grrr!
          yes - I hadn't noticed that - UN Pillar of Rights. I wonder if a mindworm took it. Will need to open the old 2176 turn to see if there's one in the radius - maybe even a sealurk

Could even have been the Gaians or Morgan - they are both still in vendetta with the PK's

-
          - Gaians regained control of their isthme by founding a new city where we destroyed one. New name: Razorbeak's Wood Memory.
          Cute name. Although they never formally agreed, in the peace conference we made a truce conditional of rights of safe passage through that canal

Now, the message from the Ministry of Infrastructure.

a) Though this ministry strongly supports building facilities, I wonder whether we should build-rush Rec Commons in Fort Liberty. I'm not into micromanagement but wouldn't it be better to MM the Hybrid Forest at Fort Sup (thus, a crawler at FL) knowing it will enable it to churn out others 1/turn soon. (The 5 Superbases Doctrine. 5 at a time of course... )

b) Ergo: go with a crawler for FS until we can MM a H-Forest! (There are at FS 2 crawlers bringing nuts,thus obsolete as soon as we build the H-F)
          I agree that a Hybrid Forest at FS would rock. I took the 4/1/1 worker at FL off the condensor farm and put him to work a forest. I moved the FL crawler that's working the second FS borehole three tiles northwest to work the farm outside Argos, thus stalling FL growth. next turn it'll have 15 of 30 minerals towards a crawler, producing 5, and we can rush the remaining ten. Thus in 2180 it can reach FS. By then, FS will have produced three more (rushed) crawlers, and we can think of MM'ing a Hybrid Forest there that turn. Put a FS worker back on the second borehole - that'll speed crawler production in future turns (and the 11 eco-damage might spawn mindworms!!)

c) Lot of cities on Stockpile Energy in Laconia. With the ame reasoning, do we go with crawlers for all (or formers, badly needed).
          I put crawlers in the build orders for all except the zero-minerals ones (where we have recycling tanks slowly building) with the exeption of the 2 below:
          • Gythium Harbour, where I put a non-fungus sea former in production (see vishniac's point below)
          • 2 Nuts Strand (we'd lose minerals if we changed - that former can be rushed for 20 credits

d) What do you think of a Sea Former (normal, not fungi, thus 40 minerals) at Gythium Harbor? Good for GH and MT after. And, by the way, we can relocate a worker from 3-1-0 to 1-2-1 (forest) without stopping the popboom.
          See above

e) I propose the Former Focus: formers (those not on roads or sensors) should concentrate on farm/mine or forest, and mainly for the 5 bases currently affected by the 5 SD. (My old phobia about those 3-1-0 tiles with farms, or 4-1-0 condensors, opposed to 3-2-3 after TF + HF.....but that's just me! )
          Taken note of - keep reminding us!!

Some other possible rushes:
          • Arcadia University - crawler for 9 credits ( )
          • Fort Liberty - crawler for 45 credits ( )
          • Ironholm: crawler for 35 credits ( )
          • tegea harbour: crawler for 30 credits ( )

Some additional moves, while we wait:
          • Tomcats completing the Vladivostok condensor move northwest and start roadbuilding - rolling rainy tile, so either a farm/mine combination, or a forest, if VV is one of our designated bases
          • changed production of gangformers building sensor array at Messena to farmbuilding - farm completed - started them on a condensor (can move next turn) - but Messena needs a Hab Complex and a holotheater to grow further
          • moved the former completing the mine northwest of Rio Grande to join the condensor gang

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie

yes - I hadn't noticed that - UN Pillar of Rights. I wonder if a mindworm took it. Will need to open the old 2176 turn to see if there's one in the radius - maybe even a sealurk

Could even have been the Gaians or Morgan - they are both still in vendetta with the PK's
            Had a look at the base from the 2176 turn - nothing there.

Here's the latest turn with the above moves and build orders incorporated
            Attached Files

Comment

here's the postbattle save - I'll post the turnchat log in the morning.

limited objective reached *4 out of 5 bases, but lost 2 units, hence the not getting the last base)

Got 1 but lost 1 AA

Stole NG, but lost the probe team.

Got Advanced Subatomic theory when we cahed in our own AA
              Attached Files

Comment

About the last save (as asked by Googlie):

- the SCC Njord didn't move and can bomb UN Aid Station. It takes 10% off the rover. (not much but for free!)

- A crawler is ready to move in Fort Sup. Either we can put it on forest for 2 minerals (and wait for MMing the H-F), or send it to AU to MM the T-F.

- I'm not comfortable with the crawler south of TH. It's a sitting duck!

- Messena: if we change the 2 librarians to a doctor and a worker, we change the crawler from 12 turns to 6.

[About the Former Focus: Messena is a prime exemple. It is pop 7 but only can 4 minerals. Tiles with 3-0-0 or 3-1-0 will have to be replaced by forests sooner or later. That's time wasted for the Terraforming Corps.]
                From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

Final moves:
                  • Bombarded Aid Station - Elite Missile squad took no damage, but rover took 30%
                  • moved the F-6 at Cratersouth to Sparta Command
                  • moved the B-4 at Craterwest to Minas Tirith
                  • rushed the crawler at AU for 9 credits
                  • sent FS new crawler north towards AU, working a forest tile en route
                  • moved the TH crawler up the road out of harm's way, still working a forest tile
                  • looked at changing Messena's mix - currently we have 8 no-energy-loss lab points from there (next tech in 11 turns). Changing will drop the lab points to 2, with a next tech in 12. We'll rush that crawler eventually, so left it as is.
                  • took a FS crawler off nuts and rehomed it to Ironholm, moved the 2/5/0 worker to a 2/1/1 and put the crawler on the 5 minerals
                  • rushed the former at 2NS for 20 ec's

Comment

finished the turn, and at "turn complete" the only PK action was that we lost the spore launcher to one of their rovers in Central Arcadia (ie, their Elite Missile squad didn't try to retake HQ)

here's the endturn save
                    Attached Files

Comment

Turnchat log attached
                      Attached Files

Comment

Some reflections on the invasion:

We failed in our objective of capturing all 5 target bases in 1 turn ( and left ourselves somewhat vulnerable to a PK counter attack by penetrator) because I deviated from the "simulation script" in 2 key areas:
                        • In the sim I used the Steppenwolf to destroy that last plasma defender in PA - thsi time we used - and lost - an R-112 unit. that was crucial in getting along the road to capture the empty Commerce Committee base
                        • in the sim I used the injured B-4 to take out the rover and probe defender at Commerce committee - this turn I used it to take out the defender at High Commission. This necessitated (we thought) kamikazi-ing the F-6 to empty that base
                        • we ended with an undeployed B-6 (should have been the one to take out the High Commission defender) - it just landed at HC, but within range to do some damage next turn
                        (I edited the short "press release" to reflect only 4 bases being captured and released it - the Gaians by now will know that we have "done the deed" on the PK's)
                        Last edited by Googlie; July 2, 2005, 22:27.

Comment

We'll probably finish up the Peacekeepers next turn, or the turn after the next at the latest, I would say. That's when we would have our main air force to use again after it has re-fueled. And then the real fun will begin.
                          Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

Working...
                          X